Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

At the Gates

Go down 
+3
kmorg
mc666
White_Mage
7 posters
AuthorMessage

At the Gates Empty
PostSubject: At the Gates   At the Gates Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:41 pm

What you think about this great Death/Metalcore band from Sweden??? In my ipinion, one of the best Death metal band ever exist along with Death, In Flames, Gorguts, ecc....! And one of the best of 90's, with their best album "Slaughter of the Soul"! Wink

I hope for a re-union, with all last band members, and a new album!
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

At the Gates Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Gates   At the Gates Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:21 pm

At The Gates are awesome Slaughter Of The Soul is a death metal classic as far as Im concerned

A new album would be really great it would cool to see how they've changed over the years I bet the album would still rip and burn

btw JerryOnly whos your avatar a picture of
Back to top Go down

At the Gates Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Gates   At the Gates Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:24 pm

White_Mage wrote:

He's name is Pino Scotto, he's ex singer of Italian heavy metal band "Vanadium", and the attual singer of "Fire Trails".... Both true and good metal/hard-rock bands Wink
PS: I like your avatar! Razz
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

At the Gates Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Gates   At the Gates Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:26 pm

JerryOnly wrote:
White_Mage wrote:

He's name is Pino Scotto, he's ex Italian heavy metal band "Vanadium" singer, and the attual singer of "Fire Trails".... Both true and good metal/hard-rock bands Wink
PS: I like your avatar! Razz

Thnx
Thats cool I'll have to check out those bands sometime
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

At the Gates Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Gates   At the Gates Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:11 pm

never heard of them actually refered to as metalcore, although most metalcore bands owe a huge debt to them. i like them fine though.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

At the Gates Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Gates   At the Gates Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:06 pm

JerryOnly wrote:

I hope for a re-union, with all last band members, and a new album!

They are playing Sweden Rock Festival this summer, so a reunion os in the works.

I also love this band. They are not metalcore in the least, but some claim they started the melodic death metal fad.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

At the Gates Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Gates   At the Gates Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:59 pm

I used to love this band! I mean I still do, but I have heard them copied time and time again and its just old. Makes me almost not want to listen to ATG anymore.

The band has stated in several interviews that they will not make another album. This reunion is to just say good bye to all the fans the proper way!
Back to top Go down

At the Gates Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Gates   At the Gates Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:04 pm

Lurideath wrote:

The band has stated in several interviews that they will not make another album.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

At the Gates Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Gates   At the Gates Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:27 pm

Great band! Slaughter Of The Soul is an incredible album.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

At the Gates Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Gates   At the Gates Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 4:34 pm

Their okay - Not the type of music I listen to the most, but they have some good, and downright awesome songs.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

At the Gates Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Gates   At the Gates Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 10:58 pm

Slaughter of the Soul is a fantastic album. One of my faves.

I got into them late - glad I did discover them. Blinded by Fear just starts the album the right way!

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

At the Gates Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Gates   At the Gates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At the Gates
Page 1 of 1