Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NITRO's "Freight Train" video

Go down 
+3
Todd Jaymz
ultmetal
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

NITRO's "Freight Train" video Empty
PostSubject: NITRO's "Freight Train" video   NITRO's "Freight Train" video Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 11:12 am

NITRO - "Freight Train"

So yeah, alot of you have probably seen these guys on the NLtM site. These guys, although completely serious, were also freakin' hilarious. They took every single stereotype of the 80s Hair/Glam Metal scene and took them to insane and illogical extremes. The singer and bassist had hair so big and overteased that they cold barely see through them.

Of course, the stars of this band were the lord of pipes Jim Gillete, and master shredder Michael Angelo Batio. Jim has this incredible ability to belt out a high-pitched wail, and then hold it for a rather unusually long period of time. He even had the ability to shatter wine glasses!

And of course, who amongst us can forget MAB? The man is one of the greatest shredders to walk the face of the earth. His ambidexterity allows him to play two guitars at once, and even the infamous "quad guitar" that makes an apperrance in this vid.

Alot of you have probably already seen it. But dammit, this vid is so hysterial that it's worth seeing more than once!!

I mean, Jesus......can the bassist SEE anything? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NITRO's "Freight Train" video   NITRO's "Freight Train" video Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 11:17 am

It was actually this video that got me hooked on this band. Saw it on a local cable public access show. I was hooked immediately. Had to go out and buy the record.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: NITRO's "Freight Train" video   NITRO's "Freight Train" video Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:42 pm

Great song and I've MAB play live, the guys a guitar playing freak of nature haha. I have a solo cd by him, can't recall the title right now-TJ
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: NITRO's "Freight Train" video   NITRO's "Freight Train" video Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:04 pm

Pure cheese! Not putting them down though but man were they cheesy.

I'd actually seen them live back in the 80's and their set was lip-synched. There were a lot of voices singing but not one soul's mouth was moving. lol!
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: NITRO's "Freight Train" video   NITRO's "Freight Train" video Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:34 pm

nevermore wrote:
Pure cheese! Not putting them down though but man were they cheesy.

I'd actually seen them live back in the 80's and their set was lip-synched. There were a lot of voices singing but not one soul's mouth was moving. lol!

Ouch lol!

Still, I love this band. Frankly, I love anyone who dares to go completely over the top, and these guys personified that.

The demo for 'Shot Heard 'Round The World' sounds like a killer 80s anthem, unfortunately (IMO) the production and/or mastering of OFR kinda killed it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: NITRO's "Freight Train" video   NITRO's "Freight Train" video Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:45 pm

It's cheese alright but it's entertaining. They were a circus but they look like they're having fun.
Back to top Go down
DioRainbowManowar
Metal novice
Metal novice
DioRainbowManowar

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: NITRO's "Freight Train" video   NITRO's "Freight Train" video Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:26 pm

I love this band so much. Anyone I talk to that has heard of them thinks thye suck, I'm suprised to see anyone compliment 'em!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NITRO's "Freight Train" video   NITRO's "Freight Train" video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NITRO's "Freight Train" video
Page 1 of 1