Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Mardi Gras 87'

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Metal Mardi Gras 87' Empty
PostSubject: Metal Mardi Gras 87'   Metal Mardi Gras 87' Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 1:41 am

I remember being so excited driving there, being there, and driving home afterwards. Alot of good bands...

It was too bad that all the bands didn't make the VHS tape and that they didn't get more tunes on it. I talked with a few folks at Cali-Stone last year that played back then and we had a good chuckle. If you see this Glenn (Rodgers), I just watched the show and saw your lil solo. Robbie looked like he was having alot of fun.
That show, the His Festivals, and Metal Midnite shows were great. I remember also taking the long drive to San Pedro and seeing "EVERYBODY" at The Waters Club. There was a Sanctuary in Fontana for awhile but it didn't last too long. It amazes me how many great musicians and bands passed through those doors and not to mention the work they did for the Glory of Christ.
I almost feel old....Laterz
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mardi Gras 87'   Metal Mardi Gras 87' Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:47 am

Wish they'd re-release this on DVD

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mardi Gras 87'   Metal Mardi Gras 87' Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 11:02 am

Sanctuary did do a limited run on DVD. They use to sell them on Ebay.

There was a second concert called Extreme Marti Gras that happened in 2002. Recon, Barren Cross, Deliverance, Disciple, Ultimatum, Titanic w/ Robert Sweet, Fasedown, etc. were some of the bands that played. There were all sorts of old Sanctuary guys hanging around. Les from Bloodgood was there, Larry Farkas & Glen Mancaruso from Vengeance/Die Happy were there, Oz Fox was hanging around. It was all filmed and recorded for a DVD release that never happened, unfortunately. The production company still has all that footage.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mardi Gras 87'   Metal Mardi Gras 87' Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 11:26 am

That is where I first saw you guys onstage (x-treme mardi gras) yeah lots of old Sanctuary folks, not only band members but folks who fellowshiped there. Robbie from Hero and Holy Soldier had a band that played. Pastor Bob was even runnin' round. I had a blast seeing old friends, actually it was a huge blessing for me.
The way they began splitting the stage so one band can play while another is setting up was way kewl. As soon as they opened the whole stage, the festival went downhill. The bands that I drove hundreds of miles to see got thier stagetime cut shorter and shorter as the night went on. Stuff happens, oh well.
The only thing I seen and heard that was lame (big time) had to be the guitar player from Disciple in the middle of thier set telling everyone that the bus was broke down and they needed cash....and they passed around the plates. I saw more disciple t-shirts on folks than anyone else that evening and they sold alot of cds at the booth. So I ask...why ?
Anyways great day....laterz
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mardi Gras 87'   Metal Mardi Gras 87' Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:25 pm

I've got that DVD.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mardi Gras 87'   Metal Mardi Gras 87' Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:36 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I've got that DVD.

And you feel compelled to send it to me!!

Now that you mentinon it, I think I bid on it on ebay once. Went for quite the buck!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mardi Gras 87'   Metal Mardi Gras 87' Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:46 pm

kmorg wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
I've got that DVD.

And you feel compelled to send it to me!!

Strangely enough I don't. scratch

I got it on E-Bay when Sanctuary was selling them. I think it was about $20-$25.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mardi Gras 87'   Metal Mardi Gras 87' Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 9:18 pm

The DVD has the option of a commentary version which at times is hilarious but more often than not , distractive. By the way, Glen Rodger gets busy with Hero.
The scales in his solo are quite interesting to say the least, way too short.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mardi Gras 87'   Metal Mardi Gras 87' Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 11:37 pm

I was at that show, roading for Soldier. A LOT of great bands played..... I've got full shows from Bloodgood, Barren Cross and a couple of others. They're on VHS one camera from pit area. the audio is surprisingly good.

I dug all of those big L.A. gigs... We'd drive down from the Bay Area and always had a blast. Metal Midnight, HIS Festival.... good times with some really good memories....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mardi Gras 87'   Metal Mardi Gras 87' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Mardi Gras 87'
Page 1 of 1