Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Mexico metal

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
Troublezone
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:11 pm

Is Ultimatum the only "known" metal band to come from NM? I can't think of any famous or known bands from there. I know a few from AZ (Flotsam, Sacred Reich) but NM....
Back to top Go down

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:12 pm

Timmy Tall and the Cheese Weasels.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:13 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Timmy Tall and the Cheese Weasels.

Are you serious? Is that a real band?
Back to top Go down

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:15 pm

Yep. They play Zydeco music.

Another is The Blind Solution. They are more of a traditional rock band.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:19 pm

Those bands are not what i call famous or known so to speak. Are there any bigger name real metal bands from NM? Other than Ultimatum of coarse.
Back to top Go down

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:20 pm

The Turd Burglars are kind of big.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:21 pm

spectrefate wrote:
The Turd Burglars are kind of big.

Maybe in prison Laughing
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:28 pm

Seventhsign (Very well known outside the U.S., especially in Japan. Awesome melodic metal like Dokken meets Fates Warning)

The Moshketeers (one of my favorite thrash bands. Toured the US with Barren Cross in the 80's under the name Rapture.)

Cross 80's underground band, but they have a bizarre cult following. I wouldn't be surprised if syrus is a big fan.

Not metal, but The Kry were a popular Christian rock band. Released several albums that charted on the Christian charts.

Randy Castillo, of Ozzy & Motley Crue fame was from Albuquerque.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Thanks ult.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:37 am

troublezone wrote:
Those bands are not what i call famous or known so to speak. Are there any bigger name real metal bands from NM? Other than Ultimatum of coarse.
Ultimatum isn't a big name band either. not really famous or known, outside of a small group. not an insult to them of course.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 5:42 am

mc666 wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Ultimatum isn't a big name band either. not really famous or known, outside of a small group. not an insult to them of course.

That's true but they have a growing cult following now. Compared to the others ult named off i would say that Ultimatum is more known.
Back to top Go down

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 6:04 am

being a texan metal maniac i'm digging or try to find as many bands with members with hispanic names...i think there are not many located in new mexico(strange?)...but of course i'm digging cross(sword in hand, metal from above!), angelic force(hail!) and vice's ep(from positive records)...one new band is savage wizsdom. i have their cd but i didn't listen to it yet....i'm giving land and water to find the cd from first strike...i think they're from your hometown, sir ULT. any help? they have 2 members with hispanic names so that's enough a reason for me to searching for them...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:44 am

syrus wrote:
being a texan metal maniac i'm digging or try to find as many bands with members with hispanic names...i think there are not many located in new mexico(strange?)...but of course i'm digging cross(sword in hand, metal from above!), angelic force(hail!) and vice's ep(from positive records)...one new band is savage wizsdom. i have their cd but i didn't listen to it yet....i'm giving land and water to find the cd from first strike...i think they're from your hometown, sir ULT. any help? they have 2 members with hispanic names so that's enough a reason for me to searching for them...

So you have everything by Ultimatum too then?

Administrator
ultmetal

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:57 am

Another band is Requiem Mass. They have three CDs out and have been around for over a decade. Probably not to well known outside the NM, but very popular here. I have them on my NLTM page. Their first CD was produced by the same guy that produced "Puppet of Destruction." Their second two CDs were produced by Ysidro Garcia, who produced "Into the Pit." They also have opened for a lot of the bigger bands coming through town. Last show I saw them open for was Overkill.

Angelic Force was Robert's band many years before Ultimatum. They released a full length album and a 2-song demo tape. Traditional heavy metal with female vocals. I've been trying to convice Robert for years to released that album on CD with the other two tracks as bonus songs.

Dark Truth were a band from the 1980's that released a couple of CDs. They weren't real well known either, but they had a decent following and had reviews in national publications. I have one of their CDs on my NLTM site.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 1:08 pm

I am sooooooooo wanting that Angelic Force full-length. They should re-release it on CD, together with the demo tracks!

Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

Number of posts : 192

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:28 pm

Some other semi popular bands now that we know from here and have done shows with here are:

Scareles
Haddenfield
Severkill
Tetalestai
The Ground Beneath
Anesthesia
Sanctifyre
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnlounge.com/desertriomedia
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

Number of posts : 192

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:33 pm

I actually had the first Mardi Gras on VHS back in 87 it was a dupped copy a friend of mine made for me. but I lent it out to another friend and of course it never got returned. Bummer! Both guys are long gone now...
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnlounge.com/desertriomedia

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:42 pm

first strike anyone, por favor...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:47 pm

Yup, First Strike. We used to do shows with them back in the 1990's. I actually helped them out with some artwork once.

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:49 pm

i have some money to spend, herr ult. interested?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:51 pm

syrus wrote:

What are you looking for?

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
syrus wrote:

What are you looking for?

they have a cd for sure. this and any other material. muchas gracias!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:05 pm

I don't have any First Strike CDs. Sorry. I wasn't really into them and traded it off. I'll see if I can get hold of their guitarist though. Maybe I can hook you up.

There was also a compilation CD called the New Mexico Rock Coalition. Ultimatum was on it, as was First Strike and Seventhsign and several other obscure New Mexico heavy metal bands.

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:22 pm

i sell my soul, sir, buy. i need them!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 7:07 pm

Will see what I can do for you.

ult

New Mexico metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mexico metal   New Mexico metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Mexico metal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next