Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Human Fortress

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Human Fortress Empty
PostSubject: Human Fortress   Human Fortress Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:21 pm

Human Fortress was one of those bands where I saw the album cover checked out the record label and thought hmmm I might like this.And after listening to their first album "Lord of Earth and Heavens Heir" this blind buy was a good choice. Its kind of typical power metal but not as repetative as some bands can be, and the vocals arent your typical high pitched screams or yells they are more laid back, but the vocalist has a great voice. Most of the time the vocalist is what sells me with bands. If the vocalists sucks or just doesnt strike me as something different then I cant really get into the band. Anyway the first album was great so if you havent heard of it look for it and definetly pick it up.
Human Fortress Cov1192

They had a second album called "Defenders of the Crown". I never got a chance to pick it up yet since I really havent seen it around. Then after that the band kind of disappeared so I figured they just split up or something. So I was reading up on blabbermouth.net and noticed Human Fortress has a new album coming out, but the big shock to me was that their vocalist is gone. Im hoping he moved onto another band because he had a great voice and fit very well with this band. Anyway here is their myspace page http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=93608609. They have some older songs as well as their some samples from their newer album. From what I hear with the new stuff sounds good even though im missing the original singers voice it still sounds pretty good.

So after all that Very Happy does anyone else like this band?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Human Fortress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Human Fortress   Human Fortress Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:31 pm

Their kinda hit and miss!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Human Fortress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Human Fortress   Human Fortress Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:56 pm

I've heard really good stuff about them, really tight knit group. I still need to get their albums though.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Human Fortress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Human Fortress   Human Fortress Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:04 am

Didn't know this thread existed. I love Lord Of Earth And Heaven's Heir and want to get the other album with that vocalist. I heard a sample of the newer album but it has lost the quality that made that album unique which was the vocalist.

Quote :
the vocals arent your typical high pitched screams or yells they are more laid back

What he said.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Human Fortress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Human Fortress   Human Fortress Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:20 am

haha.. yea they were good. I put a song on the compilation cds I gave you. Did you get them Dallas?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Human Fortress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Human Fortress   Human Fortress Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:38 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
haha.. yea they were good. I put a song on the compilation cds I gave you. Did you get them Dallas?

Sure did, I am going through one a day and will be doing the third tonight. Reviews to come later.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

Human Fortress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Human Fortress   Human Fortress Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Human Fortress
Page 1 of 1