Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite War Movie

Go down 
+16
jstate
novellahub
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
XYZ
kmorg
DallasBlack
Mglaffas81
spiritoradio
Stender
tohostudios
iamrockerfun
EvyMetal
Tall Tyrion
mc666
MetalRob331
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:45 pm

M*A*S*H definitely
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:02 pm

''Sauvez Le Soldat Ryan'' I think it's ''Saving Private Ryan'' or something like that in English great movie! I watched it with my English class and it was great. There's also Rambo but that's not really a ''War'' movie.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:45 am

kmorg wrote:
🤘 Awesome flick.

My fave war movie would probably be "Platoon." That flick scared the crap out of me when I first saw it (I was about 16 at the time). Till then, the Vietnam war had never really been portrayed very realistically in major films, it had all been gung-ho, "Missing In Action" style ass-kicking fantasy stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:30 pm

probably Enemy at the Gates
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:28 pm

My wife and I are going through all the Band of Brothers DVD's right now. I would rank it up there with Saving Private Ryan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:40 pm

I recommend ZULU.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:00 pm

The Great Escape - probably one of my all time favorite movies period.

I also really love Bridge On The River Kwai and Twelve O'Clock High.

Platoon would be right up there as well.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:08 pm

BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI
THE GUNS OF NAVARONE
EYE OF THE NEEDLE (sort of a war film)
PLATOON
FULL METAL JACKET
GLORY
RED DAWN

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:51 pm

The Longest Day
The Dirty Dozen
Force 10 from Navarone
Midway
Memphis Belle
The Green Berets
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:53 pm

First Blood's a good one Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:06 pm

Oh, yeah, I forgot about First Blood. And Red Dawn. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:22 am

the sentinel wrote:
The Longest Day

Glad someone mentioned this one, what movies better represent WWII than ones written shortly after it and working with people who were actually there (many of the actors themselves fought in that war). Another good old war movie (one that I watched with my dad on AMC) is Tora! Tora! Tora! Both of these movies were fair and mostly accurate accounts of what happened (not just on the allied side but the axis powers side as well-i.e. the Germans and Japanese are portrayed as real people and not monsters).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:28 am

Whats that war movie that the Metallica video One used?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:36 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Johnny Got His Gun

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:46 pm

mc666 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Johnny Got His Gun

Is it any Good?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:01 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Johnny Got His Gun

Is it any Good?

I remember watching it years ago, late night, quite possibly under the influence of some substance and thinking that it was weird, weird, weird. One of those nights, mindlessly flipping through channels and going "Hey, it's that movie from the Metallica video".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:13 pm

Quote :
And Red Dawn

Remember how everyone was afraid this was going to be how it all came down? I'm not knocking anyone, it's just interesting to look back.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:21 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Quote :
And Red Dawn

Remember how everyone was afraid this was going to be how it all came down? I'm not knocking anyone, it's just interesting to look back.

I had a high school history teacher who LOVED that movie, he actually made us watch it in class and then have a LONG discussion about it... he viewed it as a "cautionary tale!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:19 pm

RED DAWN is cheesetastic....

JOHNNY GOT HIS GUN is a great albeit slightly surreal film based on a fantastic book.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:15 pm

Shiney wrote:

JOHNNY GOT HIS GUN is a great albeit slightly surreal film based on a fantastic book.

I have never seen the entire film, just the bits that Metallica used in the "One" video, but I did read the book about ten years ago, that was one helluva frightening read.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite War Movie   Favorite War Movie - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite War Movie
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2