Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....

Go down 
+8
Tall Tyrion
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
fishingd
Rex
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
kalrawk
12 posters
AuthorMessage
kalrawk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Empty
PostSubject: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:00 am

check this review... this person do not know about metal at all.. 2.5 stars out of 5 stars??? please...

http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/cdreviews/IntoThePit.asp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:09 am

I love how when people know nothing about a metal sub genre, they throw the band names Metallica and Pantera in there as it is their only point of reference. This kid doesn't have a clue. His favorite band is Five Iron Frenzy.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=13618855

I think they picked the wrong guy to review the album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:23 am

Low budget production. What the...? Yup, clueless. Hardly low budget sounding.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:25 am

This kid needs to be severely beaten around the face and head. Spec's right, Metallica and Pantera are obviously the only "thrash" bands this kid has ever heard so they're the only ones he can use for comparison. Of course, Ultimatum sounds nothing like either one, and Scott's vocals sound NOTHING like James Hetfield. So this review is useless. As Ren Hoek would say, "You EEEEE-DIOT!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:32 am

OK, well, I checked out the site and the reviewer in question. He's 23 and his favorite bands are: Five Iron Frenzy, brave Saint Saturn, mewithoutYou, Anberlin, Heath McNease, Playdough, RedCloud, Project 86, Emery, Family Force 5, The Foo Fighters, Showbread

Why do people who know nothing about heavy metal review CDs by metal bands? They will just never get it.

Oh well, it's bound to happen. If that's the worst review we get, we're doing ok.

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 12:20 pm

Thats exactly what I was about to say.
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
OK, well, I checked out the site and the reviewer in question. He's 23 and his favorite bands are: Five Iron Frenzy, brave Saint Saturn, mewithoutYou, Anberlin, Heath McNease, Playdough, RedCloud, Project 86, Emery, Family Force 5, The Foo Fighters, Showbread

Why do people who know nothing about heavy metal review CDs by metal bands? They will just never get it.

Oh well, it's bound to happen. If that's the worst review we get, we're doing ok.

ult

Come on Scott, Five Iron Frenzy rules!!! Laughing Laughing

I do agree why people know nothing about heavy metal review CDs by metal. bands
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:36 pm

Quote :
Unfortunately for Ultimatum, speed and thrash is a sound that doesn't see much of the light of day.

Stick around, junior!!!

Where's this dude been hiding?? Oh, my!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:50 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Where's this dude been hiding?? Oh, my!

Somewhere with his head up his ass
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:49 pm

fishingd wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

ult

Come on Scott, Five Iron Frenzy rules!!! Laughing Laughing

I do agree why people know nothing about heavy metal review CDs by metal. bands

Five Iron Frenzy actually started off as a thrash metal band. They went under a different name at the time. We did a show with them in 1994 under their other name. A year later they changed their name and style and started gaining some popularity. Their name slips my mind at the moment though...hmmmm, dang old age!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:58 pm

Ahhh, remembered. It was Exhumator.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 5:53 pm

That is cool! Any recording as Exhumator?

I saw 5IF in El Paso (I was a chaperone for a youth trip). Very good live band, but ska is not my style at all.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 8:08 pm

That's hilarious.....going from Thrash to Ska! But, as long as you're happy...........
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 8:55 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
That is cool! Any recording as Exhumator?

I saw 5IF in El Paso (I was a chaperone for a youth trip). Very good live band, but ska is not my style at all.

One demo tape. I had it. Think I sold it. I still have pictures of them from that show somewhere.

ult

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:50 pm

I actually like FIF. I also like Brave Saint Saturn, of course it's mostly because I really liked Roper's voice. The band Exhumator was actually an Industrial band by the way. That said this doesn't sound like the type guy that ought to be reviewing thrash bands. Now if he would've said that Scott sorta sounded like Bobby he might've gotten a little more legitimacy from me.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 9:06 pm

Nothing wrong with liking FIF. I don't condemn the dude for what he likes. However, it does give me an idea of what style of music he knows and is knowledable about. Not one metal band on that list, plus comparing us to Metallica and Pantera, tell me he knows very little about metal.

Do you have the Exhumator demo? When they played with Ultimatum in Albuquerque, they were this bizarre thrash band. Reece was their singer and would wear all these weird hats during thier performance.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:05 am

Something I learned is that most old school bands have less than 3 words. I don't know how true this is, but I apply it. how true this is, I don't know

What I don't like about these people that don't know a clue about christian metal are confussing other people that is looking for some good music with their negative revies
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:12 am

ultmetal wrote:

ult

Scott, besides Project 86 and the Foo Fighters, I have no idea who the other bands are. I'm guessing their probably bad Christian emo/alt bands sick . I thought this reviewer was 18, 19 tops. At 23, he should know better. Who hires these clueless guys?
Back to top Go down
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 5:27 pm

I remember Reece said the "F" word on stage at that show....It slipped and you could hear a pin drop in that place. of course there were only 5 peeps there anyway lol!

It was also so friggin hot ( I did use the word friggin but I meant to say the F word LOL!) lol! the humidity was thick. It was a record heat wave that summer in Albuquerque and my car on that day decidedto burn out my starter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnlounge.com/desertriomedia
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:11 pm

If Reese Roper would ever start a thrash band I'd be all over it. The guy has a great voice IMHO. Funny story about the F-bomb to Scott. I'd have loved to have been there. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....   Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimatum's Cd review in JesusFreakhideout site....
Page 1 of 1