Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Stranglers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

The Stranglers Empty
PostSubject: The Stranglers   The Stranglers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 4:11 pm

Wasn't all that much into punk back in the 70's but I did love The Stranglers, they had a much different approach to punk than most punk bands did!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

The Stranglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stranglers   The Stranglers Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 7:14 pm

Big STRANGLERS fan...always thought they'd had a unique sound....

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Stranglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stranglers   The Stranglers Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 7:21 pm

The only song I know by The Stranglers is from a vinyl punk comp I used to have that featured X Ray Spex's "Oh Bondage, Up Yours". The song was "Peaches"; "Walkin' on the beaches lookin' at the peaches..."

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

The Stranglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stranglers   The Stranglers Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:09 am

Big Stranglers fan. Most people forget that they were called The Stanglers Four (IV) four the first few albums.
I was lucky enough to see them twice. Once doing their classic material, and again during the "Feline" era, when they were more poppy (but still excellent).
I remember standing about six feet away from Jet Black, transfixed for the whole show, just watching him drum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Stranglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stranglers   The Stranglers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stranglers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: