Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD) Empty
PostSubject: tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD)   tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm

tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD) 729517_356x237

I have been a fan of this southern band for years...starting with their "Young Bodies heal Quickly You Know" disc up through their most recent...and there really is no other band like them. I often describe them as a fist fight between BARKMARKET and BEN FOLDS FIVE....but that isn't even the half of it...

Their themes of psychoticism, lonliness, aliens, murder, masochism and paranoid delusion are truly a sound to behold. Errant snippets of string music, classical, beautiful piano and jagged angular guitar noodlings meshed with singer Congleton's oddly suited voice...not far removed from a wired Wayne Coyne...it's so damn crazy....I often imagine it's what the inside of SYD BARRETT's head must've been like....

If you are an adventurous music fan give them a whirl...

http://www.myspace.com/thepaperchaseband

http://www.myspace.com/thepchase

http://www.myspace.com/paperchaseband

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD)   tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:46 pm

I LIKE this!

Very quirky, very clever. It's like an amalgum of lots of different things. I'm hearing some Zep, some Cure, some Floyd, plus a hundred different things I can't readily identify.

I've recommended them to a budyy who has a radio show. Right up his alley. Good call! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD)   tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:08 pm

I have dug this band for years...based on a buddy's raves and a few cd-rs he made me...I decided I'm going to get their catalog...really cool band.

very schiziophrenic....and f'kin weird!!! But in the good way.

And Tall T, thanks for checking them out, it was really hurting my feelings that everytime I try and pimp some cool band no one ever bites or bothers to do it....

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD)   tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:14 pm

Quote :

And Tall T, thanks for checking them out, it was really hurting my feelings that everytime I try and pimp some cool band no one ever bites or bothers to do it....

Shiney,

I always check out bands that people post. I just figure it's less offensive to not post if I don't like the band.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD)   tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:18 pm

Thanks for being thoughtful....

But I wouldn't be offended if you said you didnt dig it....

It's not like theyre PRINCE or something..... Very Happy

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD)   tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:25 pm

They are definitely NOT Prince.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD)   tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 9:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
They are definitely NOT Prince.

Not even close, they RULE!! 🤘

Heh heh, they RULE!! They RULE!! tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD) BEAVISANIMATED
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD)   tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 9:31 pm

My feelings are currently hurt, no ones posted on my Saints thread.

Were talking about one of the most important influential bands to emerge out of the 70's and no one knows them or gives a stuff. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD)   tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tHe pApEr ChAsE (A darker PINK FLOYD)
Page 1 of 1