Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa. Empty
PostSubject: The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa.   The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:43 pm

Anyone ever heard of these guys?. I've been listening to their latest CD 'Riders of the Plague' constantly all week and it rocks like a Fulci zombie in cheap stilettos.

Check them out... with your ears. http://www.myspace.com/theabsence
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa.   The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:26 pm

heard of 'em there the guys who kept bashing trivium for not being metal enough
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa.   The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 8:36 pm

I heard them during the summer of 2006 on the Metal Blade summer sampler that a friend let me have and I liked what I heard. I dont know about labeling them thrash though, it seems like if the music is fast it automaticaly gets a thrash label slapped on them nowadays. I would say probaly more death metal.

Maybe I'm wrong as I only heard one song though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa.   The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Retarded joke of a band:

Quote :
The Absence recently started a promotion in which audience members are allowed to trade in their Trivium t-shirts for The Absence ones after a concert. They plan on having a mass burning of these garments. Trivium is a band which The Absence along with others of the 'Metal Community' feels has been commercialized and has lost touch with its metal roots, and this promotion is one of the ways that they feel they can keep true American metal alive.
This is a band trying to become popular from Trivium's fame. The Absence are not true American metal, either. They're a dime-a-dozen metalcore does melodeath band. We've heard it a million times. And they're jealous of Trivium.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa.   The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:07 pm

I loved the debut. Haven't heard the latest.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa.   The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:08 pm

I haven't heard their latest.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa.   The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:32 pm

I've enjoyed the last two releases!-TJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa.   The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Absence - Death(ish)-Thrash from Tampa.
Page 1 of 1