Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

French 80's Metal combos

Go down 
+8
SAHB Healer
White_Mage
Thrasher73
krokus
TrogDawn
kmorg
MetalGuy71
franang
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

Number of posts : 40

French 80's Metal combos Empty
PostSubject: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:48 pm

As most of people who are registrered on this web site live in the US, I was wondering how French bands from the 80's such as Sortilège, H Bomb, Morsure, Satan Jokers, Lonewolf, Vulcain, Face To Face, Attentat Rock were considered back then and if they were known in USA ? Was it strange for American fans to listen to French lyrics ?
Back to top Go down
http://franang.sts.free.fr/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:57 pm

I've never heard of any of those bands mentioned. The only French band I'm even remotely familiar with was Trust. And that's only because of the Anthrax connection and Nicko McBrain was once their drummer.

I don't know if I would listen to music with lyrics sung in a foreign language. It might be cool for a little while, especially if the music is good, but eventually I'd get bored or frustrated not knowing what's going on.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:58 pm

Good question!!

I live in Norway, but I still didn't know all that many French bands back then. Maybe only the bnd Nicko McBrain used to be in. But they had English lyrics, right?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:59 pm

Duh! Trust! Posted at the same time, apparently.

This thread have Krokus written all over it (the board member, not the band).

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:12 pm

TRUST is the only French band I can think of. I have heard precious little of them, but I want to hear more.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:28 pm

Trust is probably the most well known band but the less "Metal", but what's strange is that this French Heavy Metal scene was really strong in the early 80's in Europe then all of a sudden it compeltely fade away and nobody remember any of these bands now. French cheese can't sell abroad Very Happy

Furthermore, I remember when I was in Louisiana in 1988 American people hardly knew where France was !!! and when I was talking about French Metal they were wondering if we had telephone and tv !!!!!! awesome and disconcerting. I hope things changed a bit since

Last edited by franang on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:34 pm

kmorg wrote:
Duh! Trust! Posted at the same time, apparently.

This thread have Krokus written all over it (the board member, not the band).

Thanks Kmorg Very Happy , yes, i love french metal very much. Still today you have some cool bands from that country like MALEDICTION, OVERSTEP, ARSENIC etc...or bands like NIGHTMARE that released two cool heavy metal albums in the 80s but are still making great albums.
But the 80s were special and also in the 80s. Love most of the bands you are talking about FRANANG and have them on vinyls. SORTILEGE, ADX, BLASPHEME, FISC and TRUST must be my fave from your country. KILLERS released some increible albums too. Others i love that you didnt mention are DEMON EYES, WARNING, VITRIOL, HIGH POWER, MYSTERY BLUE(still making albums), JINX, MASSACRA, and a long etc...
But i am not from the States, i am from Holland.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:36 pm

franang wrote:
Trust is probably the most well known band but the less "Metal", but what's strange is that this French Heavy Metal scene was really strong in the early 80's in Europe then all of a sudden it compeltely fade away and nobody remember any of these bands now. French cheese can't sell abroad Very Happy

Specialy strong in Holland. The first records by H-BOMB came out on the dutch label RAVE ON and they toured in holland before anywhere else. The dutch AARDSCHOK magazine always talked about them in the early 80s. Also WARNING and OCEAN were popular.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:47 pm

ADX is the only one that comes to mind.Awesome band
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:49 pm

Quote :

Furthermore, I remember when I was in Louisiana in 1988 American people hardly knew where France was !!! and when I was talking about French Metal they were wondering if we had telephone and tv !!!!!! awesome and disconcerting. I hope things changed a bit since

I only know Trust also but this made me laugh. I'm from Oregon and I've met people from, say, New York who wondered if we had paved roads.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:51 pm

Quote :

I wasn't that ignorant, but I will admit that back in the day, if someone brought up the topic of "French Metal", we would have laughed them off the parking lot of our tailgate party.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:57 pm

Americans still think Norway is the capitol of Sweden, and that we have polar bears roaming the streets here!

And you think Bush is your only problem!?????!!!

Laughing very hard

Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:59 pm

kmorg wrote:
Americans still think Norway is the capitol of Sweden, and that we have polar bears roaming the streets here!

And you think Bush is your only problem!?????!!!

Laughing very hard

....but I saw one bear in the Helm Street.... was it you who put it in just for me ??? ahahah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:23 pm

I'm only familiar with a few '80s French metal bands. ADX, Steel Angel, Agressor, Loudblast and Voodoo Child are the ones that come to mind first.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:40 pm

I don't know really know any french metal bands although I am familar with Nightmare thats the only one I can recall

not sure if there an 80's band but I'm pretty sure they formed around then
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:19 pm

franang wrote:
Trust is probably the most well known band but the less "Metal"
What I've heard of them so far sounds very NWOBHM-ish to me, which is right up my alley! French 80's Metal combos 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 12:07 am

Warning is all in French, and it doesn't bother me. I have all of Sortilege's stuff, and English versions of most of it. I think I prefer the French, as Christian Augustin's vocals were even more powerful in his native tounge. What a great band Sortilege was!
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 12:51 am

I've heard of the Satan Jokers, Vulcain, and Trust, but never actually heard them.

There was also Americade, which was led by a couple of brothers whose parents were from France, but the band itself was from New York (and sang in English).
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 2:25 pm

Mystery Blues is pretty good has female vocals, kinda like Crystal Viper or Triosphere!

Wargod48

NP: Drone - Head-On Collision
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:11 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Mystery Blues is pretty good has female vocals, kinda like Crystal Viper or Triosphere!

Wargod48

NP: Drone - Head-On Collision

Check this band out WARGOD48. Great female heavy metal, very much like MAJESTY, MANOWAR etc...
http://www.ligeia.info/
check some samplers of their album GLORIA. Its my fave album by the band.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Thanx I have that cd as well!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:14 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Thanx I have that cd as well!

Wargod48

Fast answer Very Happy , okay, then you know already its good 🤘 . Take care.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:19 pm

I've heard Trust and Sortilege. A friend of mine had some Trust albums and my brother had an album by Sortilege. I liked the Trust stuff but didn't care much for Sortilege.
Back to top Go down
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:14 am

Actually I don't know if you can consider Trust as a Metal band, they sound much more Rock n rolll. Remember Anthrax's "Antisocial" tune ?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 1:55 pm

franang wrote:
Actually I don't know if you can consider Trust as a Metal band, they sound much more Rock n rolll. Remember Anthrax's "Antisocial" tune ?

I would say early heavy metal or heavy rock. Still, they made some great albums and in the mid 80s also some melodic hard rock records that i love.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: French 80's Metal combos   French 80's Metal combos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

French 80's Metal combos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next