Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Steepwater Band

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

The Steepwater Band Empty
PostSubject: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:02 pm

Gotta pimp a new discovery. For the past few months I've been seeing this album at Nuggets in Boston by The Steepwater Band. It's called Revelation Sunday. The CD is $10 and looked like something I'd dig, but I wasn't sure. I kept telling myself I'd remember the name and check them out when I got home. Of course, when I'd get home I could never remember the frickin' name! So eventually I went in armed with a digital camera! Haha. The owner asked what I was doing, so I told him my brain was apparently out of memory so I had to take photos.

Anyway, I was right. I love this band! I only own two albums so far—Goin' Back Home and Dharmakaya—and I just got them. But I've been listening to thier MySpace tunes and YouTube clips for a few weeks now. Awesome band!

I guess they started as more of a traditional blues cover band and then began writing original tune. Goin' Back Home was their first EP and it's pretty much a straight up blues album. Great stuff. Dharmakaya is more a rockin' blues style, something you'd hear from the Gov't Mules of the world. It's really killer! I still haven't picked up Revelation Sunday, but next Friday I plan to head into town where I'll snag it (the damn thing's been there for months, so it'd better be there still, haha!).

Anyway, check out some tunes:

http://www.myspace.com/thesteepwaterband

🤘
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:35 pm

These guys are pretty cool they defenetly remind me of Gov't Mule (one of my favorite blues-rock bands if not favortie)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Ah, forgot about this thread. Yes, this is an outstanding band. As I get old I'm getting into these kinds of bands more and more.

I'm still pissed that the used Gov't Mule CDs around here are so damn expensive.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:55 pm

Yeah they do have that Govt Mule vibe. I love Warren Haynes!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:56 pm

lol! the Gov't Mule CD's are nearly non exsistant were I live Thank god I found Deja Voodoo.

This thread got me listening to them get again right now I'm listening to "Lola Leave Your Light On" fantastic song btw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:23 pm

White_Mage wrote:
lol! the Gov't Mule CD's are nearly non exsistant were I live Thank god I found Deja Voodoo.
That's the only one I have! And it's like $6.99 used, while everything else is like $13.99. I love that album, too. I wonder if it's their worst. Haha.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
White_Mage wrote:
That's the only one I have! And it's like $6.99 used, while everything else is like $13.99. I love that album, too. I wonder if it's their worst. Haha.

it's the only one I've heard save for a couple of tracks of the deep end albums
I'll probaly always like Deja Voodoo best just because I've listened to it so many times and it's a classic to my ears

I hear there new album "High & Mighty" is supposed to be quite good. but I've never checked it out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 7:58 pm

White_Mage wrote:
I hear there new album "High & Mighty" is supposed to be quite good. but I've never checked it out
Isn't it more of a reggae kind of album?
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:07 pm

i really don't know I'll check it out and get back to ya
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:13 pm

well they have 2 new releases since deja voodoo they have "High & Mighty and then the cleverly named "Mighty High" which I'm assuming is the reggae based album judging from its green,red and yellow cover

High & Mighty seems to be classic Mule from what I've heard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 10:25 pm

Yeah, Mighty High is the new one. That's right. I may have to start splurging and buy one new disc a week.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 10:30 pm

Yeah Im going crazy in march on CD buying i'll be in LA and thats when a good chunk of the CDs on my wanted list are being released. maybe I'll add the new Mule albums to my list it's been to long since I've heard new stuff from them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:10 am

Bump! Found a video of a studio track.

I finally picked up Revelation Sunday, too. Excellent album!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:19 pm

Hey, let's transplant this thread out of the grave.

This band has quickly become a favorite of mine, at least among this sort of style. (I swear, I have about a million favorite bands in general.) They put out a new album last year called Grace And Melody, and it's fantastic. Such a great band!

I see they seem to be picking up steam, too, in terms of popularity. They just did some shows with Gov't Mule, and from all accounts people loved them. I hope that'll someday help them make it up here to MA. I'd love to check them out in a live setting.

New videos:

You stick some 70s pimp shades on that singer and he's Mitch Hedberg. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Steepwater Band   The Steepwater Band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Steepwater Band
Page 1 of 1