Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

you may need to know

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
pricekillers001
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pricekillers001
Metal novice
Metal novice
pricekillers001

Number of posts : 46

you may need to know Empty
PostSubject: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:57 am

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html

a breaking news with me is that

[Sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers]

buyers is not willing to leave negative to seller as he fear revenge from seller. i some agree to that.

but if this rule is applied, seller cannot be protected from bad buyers.

so it means this rule always guarantee 100% positive feedback for all buyers as long as he does not have unpaid items. so feedback for buyers is meaningless, i think.

and ebay is saying insertion fee will be lower (from 20th FEB). but this is funny.

insertion fee will be lower, but final value fee will be higher (they are not talking about this in their notice message)

as result, total fee will be HIGHER. SELL MORE FOR EBAY.

ebay became so dangerous company more than microsoft.

they has to have their rival.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:11 am

Yup, Ebay has become a monster. I rarely sell there anymore. It ends up costing too much.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:45 am

It's getting worse for me. Those fees kill. I end up charging more shipping to cover (which is a whole other issue covered in another thread!).

However, watching people bid for something I've found in my attic is still great fun and Ebay is the only place I know of that can give me access to pretty much the World.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:48 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
It's getting worse for me. Those fees kill. I end up charging more shipping to cover (which is a whole other issue covered in another thread!).

However, watching people bid for something I've found in my attic is still great fun and Ebay is the only place I know of that can give me access to pretty much the World.

That clears up an issue my wife and I had a question about when she bought a dollar item and paid 5 for shipping which only cost the seller like 2 or 3. At least we know the reason now Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:59 am

awillis50 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

That clears up an issue my wife and I had a question about when she bought a dollar item and paid 5 for shipping which only cost the seller like 2 or 3. At least we know the reason now Thanks.

I understand charging a little more for shipping to help make it more profitable. Heck, I do it myself. But it really does burn me up when someone charges $5 bucks to ship a cd and it arrives with a post mark of $1.81. WTF!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
awillis50 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

I understand charging a little more for shipping to help make it more profitable. Heck, I do it myself. But it really does burn me up when someone charges $5 bucks to ship a cd and it arrives with a post mark of $1.81. WTF!!

Yes, but you also have the cost of the envelope itself, the time it takes to take things to the post office, etc. If you are a business selling on Ebay, you are paying someone to do all these things and the cost is past onto the consumer. Also, there is the cost of Ebay itself. The listing fee. The selling fee. Many times this is figured in the "shipping & HANDLING". "Handling" is the key word there. Shipping is only the cost of postage. Handling is all the rest.

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:12 pm

not to mention Paypals cut and whatever you paid for the cd to begin with. I love it when someone whines to me that I charge $3.00 for shipping a cd they paid 99 cents for.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:18 pm

I always start my cds at exactly what I paid for it. Shipping I charge $2.50....A mailer costs anywhere from 65-80 cents....shipping anywhere in the US between $1.15-$1.60 depending for First class....so we are essentially "bleeding" people for maybe .40 cents....boo hoo hoo!

The feedback thing sucks...

Ebay also meddles with their site soooo much I maybe do 2 runs of stuff a month and seriously, they change thing around every time...crazy.

In the words of our beloved Eyesoe....

"pffft!"

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:21 pm

this change will put a stop to the "feedback revenge" crap that some sellers do. an honest seller would leave feedback immediately after the buyer successfully completed his part of the transaction, i.e. the payment.

Last edited by mc666 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:22 pm

Quote :
Yes, but you also have the cost of the envelope itself, the time it takes to take things to the post office, etc. If you are a business selling on Ebay, you are paying someone to do all these things and the cost is past onto the consumer. Also, there is the cost of Ebay itself. The listing fee. The selling fee. Many times this is figured in the "shipping & HANDLING". "Handling" is the key word there. Shipping is only the cost of postage. Handling is all the rest.

Exactly!!! Don't whine unless you sell. If you charge $1.81 on the nose for shipping a CD as a seller, then you can whine.

HERE'S THE DEAL!!! IF you bid on an item KNOWING FULL WELL what the shipping was - WHAT are you complaining about!! It wasn't a secret.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:27 pm

Quote :
an honest seller would leave feedback immediately after the buyer successfully completed his part of the transaction, i.e. the payment

In a perfect rainbow colored World that would work. However, many buyers once they get their nice, good item in good shape in a timely manner don't bother to leave feedback. They're not mad, just lazy bums. Holding on to you feedback as a seller helps ensure the buyer will leave his.

I used to leave feedback immediately upon receiving payment for the reasons you cite MC666...but not after being burned by idiots.

So sure, I do use it to protect myself. But I'm not a jerk about it, just tryinig to even the playing field.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:39 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
However, many buyers once they get their nice, good item in good shape in a timely manner don't bother to leave feedback. They're not mad, just lazy bums. Holding on to you feedback as a seller helps ensure the buyer will leave his.
you could apply that same logic in reverse.

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:15 pm

You could. However, buyers (people who buy only) aren't really affected by the occassional bad feedback (and not affected by non-feedback at all). HOWEVER, even a couple RED Negatives will kill your pool of bidders as a seller. I know as a buyer myself that if Feedback Rating dips below 99% (or even 99.5% for volume sellers) I want to know why and I'm likely to just move on. I can't spend all my time writing emails to people asking them "what happened"?

I'm a small seller selling only personal items so 3-4 negatives = a bad rating while a person selling 1000's of things can absorb the occassional idiot and still be above 99%.

Once I sold this thing to a lady and she started whining about how long it took to get to her. I couldn't convince her that I AM NOT the Post Office. She left Neutral (thank goodness) Feeback EVEN though she got her things, saw the Postal stamp DATE and that the shipping delay was on the USPS. She didn't care. It was my fault. She's one example of why I do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:06 pm

I recently sold some recording equipment—a Boss BR-8 and a Shure SM58. Two separate auctions, but the same person won both. I was charging $20 for S&H on the Boss BR-8 and $6 on the mike. Now, I had previously sold two mikes already and knew the S&H cost to be around $10. I also knew the Boss BR-8 would cost more than $20 to ship.

This dickhead demanded I give him a combined S&H rate. I told him the combined cost was $26 and he was pissed! Haha. I explained to him that it was going to cost more than $26, so he's already got a discount. But he kept wanting more. He didn't get it. But unfortunately he sort of did. For whatever reason, I couldn't find the manual for the BR-8. No idea where it is, but it's gone (or missing). So I offered to print a copy for him and put it in a binder. No good. He was PISSED! Haha. He demanded I refund him $30! Hahaha. I told him to screw and I'll just cancel the auction. But then he changed his tune and I have him a $10 discount.

I sent everything insured with delivery confirmation because I expected him to rip me off. But everything arrived and he left positive feedback. He was Asian, though, so I wonder if maybe his bad English was just more blunt than he intended it to be. I don't know. This story really has no relevance here...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:32 pm

But it's a fun read!!

I'll never for the life of me get why people get mad about shipping prices on something THEY BID ON!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:55 pm

In this is a metal discussion becasue? scratch

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Pricekillers sells Metal???

I think he just mis-placed it. He's not a frequent flyer so that may have something to do with it....???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:42 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
But it's a fun read!!

I'll never for the life of me get why people get mad about shipping prices on something THEY BID ON!!
And I meant to say that I paid $43 to ship those items. But he wanted a frickin' discount. Pffft!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 7:51 pm

I noramlly hold on to the feedback as a seller so if an item doesnt meet with the buyers approval we can work it out. Leaving negative feedback is too easy. I think a lot more sellers would be inclined to give on the spot feedback knowing that if the transaction has a problem there is recourse.

I am thinking changing my shipping charges too. I normally charge $3 domestic but in light of the ebay changes I am toying with the $4 charge idea. I dont sell all the time but it is something I have been pondering... Ebay needs some serious competitors. I would love to know of any if any of you are more enlightened than myself Smile

Alex

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:09 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
But it's a fun read!!

that's just dumb. once you place a bid, you contractually agree to the terms set by the seller. don't like the s&h charges? go somewhere else.

i'm still delighted about the feedback change though. Very Happy

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:31 am

MC666 - are you mostly or exclusively a buyer?

I can understand if one strictly bought things, but as a seller those rules suck. The worst thing is ZEROing out the feedback each year. I hope they get enough angry emails and people pulling out that they reconsider. ZEROing out each year totally negates the effort we sellers have gone to in our past to please and appease people. I've at times spent WAY more time than the item I sold merited trying to please some fussy buyer. Keeping that 100% is BIG when it comes to prospective bidders and how the bidding might progress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:47 pm

My whole issue is this: I have 3 negative feedbacks from 3 different Chinese bidders from forever ago. All three held me hostage demanding a shipping refund, or staightout blackmailed me, demanding a full refund for a perfectly good Powermad cd in one case. I had already left them positive, so it was either lose my ass and cave in, or stick to my morals and see what happens. Well, what happened was they all left me negative feedback that killed my perfect rating for the rest of my life. So I blocked/banned all Chinese bidders for about 2 years, lost a potential 1 billion bidders and had a bad attitude towards feedback. I have since relented, but I will not leave feedback first. These new "laws" take away any power from the seller as to that same situation happening again. I think it sucks, I still won't leave ANYONE feedback first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:48 pm

And PK is so metal, he should be able to post whatever he wants in any room! We love ya PK!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:58 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
MC666 - are you mostly or exclusively a buyer?

I can understand if one strictly bought things, but as a seller those rules suck. The worst thing is ZEROing out the feedback each year. I hope they get enough angry emails and people pulling out that they reconsider. ZEROing out each year totally negates the effort we sellers have gone to in our past to please and appease people. I've at times spent WAY more time than the item I sold merited trying to please some fussy buyer. Keeping that 100% is BIG when it comes to prospective bidders and how the bidding might progress.
yeah i just buy. i never sell or trade anything. if there are things i want to get rid of, i usually just trash it. i'm really very lazy that way. Laughing

that said, if i were a seller, i'd probably have the same feelings as you on the matter.

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:01 pm

Quote :
if there are things i want to get rid of, i usually just trash it. i'm really very lazy that way.
Laughing

Ha! I'm lazy too but also frugal Very Happy and so I reference EVERYTHING against Ebay to see what to do with it. It's amazing what nonsense people will fight over on Ebay!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you may need to know   you may need to know Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

you may need to know
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: