Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If RAINBOW reunited...

Go down 
+22
TheGooch
MoonChild
journeyman
scottmitchell74
stormspell
James B.
DeathCult
SAHB Healer
Wargod
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
nevermore
caniplaywithmadness?
Thrasher73
ghost
mc666
kmorg
the sentinel
Olafsto
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who would you chose as the singer?
Graham Bonnet
If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Joe Lynn Turner
If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 7 ]
Ronnie James Dio
If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Vote_lcap73%If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 73% [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 41

AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:39 pm

DIO. "The Man On The Silver Mountain" is one of my all time favorites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:40 pm

Although, I wouldn't be opposed to Bonnet either. Just prefer Dio
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:52 pm

I wouldn't care to see Bonnet with anyone. Saw him with Rainbow, MSG, and Alcatraz and thnk he is very weak in the vocal dept. I have seen Rainbow with Dio and Joe, my vote is for Dio. Rainbow will NEVER be the same with no Cozy...period. I didn't like Graham's vocals with Impilliteri either. I know this is just my opinion and others will disagree or perhaps agree, who knows. To each their own. Laterz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:55 pm

Just my opinion, but you know what a reunited Rainbow with Dio on vox would sound like?

Astral Doors.

For the record, I voted Dio.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:40 pm

I probably would love to see them with Dio most, thought I have t o agree Joe Lynn is the most relaistic choice so I went with him.

I wish all people will boycot the stupid renaissance shows Ritchie is throwing with his wife and make him reunite Rainbow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:02 pm

Quote :
Just my opinion, but you know what a reunited Rainbow with Dio on vox would sound like?

Astral Doors.

Huh....fascinating.

From the first time I heard Astral Doors I thought to myself "Now this is what Dio should be doing!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:24 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Astral Doors.

Huh....fascinating.

From the first time I heard Astral Doors I thought to myself "Now this is what Dio should be doing!"

Wow, I just check Astral Doors out for the first time. That is amazing stuff. Now there's another band I have to collect.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:28 pm

JLT without a doubt. Dio is always great in everything he does with Rainbow being no exception, but it is JLT that really defines the Rainbow sound. Listen to Deep Purple Slaves and Masters, it sounds more like a Rainbow album more than Deep Purple and it's JLT and RB that do it. I really consider the Dio era of Rainbow as a seperate part of the Rainbow history.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:56 pm

James B. wrote:
I wouldn't care to see Bonnet with anyone. Saw him with Rainbow, MSG, and Alcatraz and thnk he is very weak in the vocal dept. I have seen Rainbow with Dio and Joe, my vote is for Dio. Rainbow will NEVER be the same with no Cozy...period. I didn't like Graham's vocals with Impilliteri either. I know this is just my opinion and others will disagree or perhaps agree, who knows. To each their own. Laterz

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 12:05 am

stormspell wrote:

I wish all people will boycot the stupid renaissance shows Ritchie is throwing with his wife and make him reunite Rainbow.

Ditto. Watching him do his troubadour with crumpet act makes me want to listen to the album John Paul Jones (of Zep) made with Diamanda Galas, the bizzare gothic performance artist. Now there was a team. The artwork shows Galas brandishing a knife, with a look in her eye that clearly betrays that she is contemplating hacking off J.P.'s wanker. No bit of crumpet there.

p.s.- I admit I'm jealous of Richie, and that I've only heard the first album. I'm told they've improved.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:46 am

kmorg wrote:
Dio. Always go for the classic line-up

🤘 Interestingly I am listening to Gates of Babylon as I was browsing this thread.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:35 pm

i voted for graham bonnet as he is who i see in my mind as the singer of Rainbow and i am only familair with that era
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 2:49 pm

Huge Graham Bonnet fan here! He kicked ass here on New Years Eve with the new version of Alcatrazz.

But 2 of the best concerts I ever saw were Rainbow with Dio, & Ranibow Rising is a masterpiece IMO.

So my vote is for Dio.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:13 pm

LOL, your name is Assault Attack and your a huge Graham Bonnett fan? I would have never guessed. Razz

Great album, BTW! Those first four MSG releases are classic.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 10:44 pm

For the most part I really only know them with Dio so I picked him.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 3:08 pm

I voted Dio cuz c'mon its DIO!
JLT is my other choice and most realistic choice
and if Bonnet reunited with them I wouldn't be to thrilled
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 3:25 pm

all 3 together on stage for shows
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 3:25 pm

I'd have to go with RJD here. The first 3 Rainbow albums (and the various Dio-era live albums that have popped up over the course of the years) are pure metal classics. After that, they got too deep into slick, radio-rock a la Foreigner. "Stargazer" and "Gates Of Babylon" kick "Since You Been Gone"s ass several times over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If RAINBOW reunited...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2