Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
mc666
Metal Misfit
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Empty
PostSubject: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:48 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=90500

Awesome news. I'm really happy for these guys and it shows you don't need radio to be a success anymore (Rob Zombie is right about the industry).

:goodluck: @ the band staying together. I assume if the band fell apart sometime over the next 10 years there'd be quite a literal price to pay though.

Anything to keep the tours and albums coming. The Carnival of Sin tour was amazing and I really dug their new stuff from the latest greatest hits CD.

Last edited by on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:50 pm

it will be interesting to see what they come up with for those 3 albums.

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:52 pm

They always put on a great show (lot of boobies), so that'll be the profit-maker. If history repeats, the albums will be mediocre.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:53 pm

mc666 wrote:
it will be interesting to see what they come up with for those 3 albums.

Well, it looks like The Dirt will count as one album. They've got 10 years to deliver two more (and I hope live/compilations won't count). Nikki can do it. :king:
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:54 pm

You've got to be joking me. Can't believe Live Nation would spend that much money to prop these clowns up for 10 more years.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
If history repeats, the albums will be mediocre.
Rolling Eyes Sure, if they put out Swine II.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:07 pm

How old will all these guys be in 10 years? Hell, Mick Mars might not live that long. He's in pretty bad shape as it is, he's got some kind of degenerative bone disease.

Besides, isn't Tommy Lee all into being a hip hop DJ now, yo? They ran a quote from him on Blabbermouth a while ago about how he was "done" with rock music.

(SIGH) Whatever... I haven't bought a Crue album since SHOUT AT THE DEVIL anyway...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Motley hate is strong here. Very Happy

*goes back to the SleazeRoxx.com forums*
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:25 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Motley hate is strong here. Very Happy

*goes back to the SleazeRoxx.com forums*

I'm with ya bro. Good for them. Although I gotta say, I'd be suprised if Mick hangs around for another 10 years. I thought Tommy was out too, but I guess a healthy paycheck would have losta influence.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:31 pm

Ehhh...

I don't hate them, but I don't have any interest, either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:56 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
If history repeats, the albums will be mediocre.
Rolling Eyes Sure, if they put out Swine II.
That album was far from mediocre.

Far to the left.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 1:06 am

niky sixx demented this news
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:38 am

looking forward to some new crue. the only album i don't like of theirs is generation swine. yep, i liked new tattoo and the self titled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:01 am

FALSE.

Nikki Sixx shot this down...

See MelodicRock.com news from today...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:59 am

iamrockerfun wrote:

Here is his demented quote...

MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx has denied that the band has signed a $100-million-plus mega-deal with the giant Live Nation entertainment conglomerate.

"MÖTLEY CRÜE has not signed any deals," Nikki said in a statement. "Any information reported to the contrary is false and misleading."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:

Here is his demented quote...

MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx has denied that the band has signed a $100-million-plus mega-deal with the giant Live Nation entertainment conglomerate.

"MÖTLEY CRÜE has not signed any deals," Nikki said in a statement. "Any information reported to the contrary is false and misleading."

Oh, so that's what he demeant.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:34 am

Sad

Vince was quoted though... Either Vince was making stuff up or Leach was!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:02 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Sad

Vince was quoted though... Either Vince was making stuff up or Leach was!

Quoted where? If it was overheard on the "Motley Cruise" while Vince was drunkenly hitting on Julie the cruise-director, there may be some shenanigans afoot.

"Yea baby, we just signed a HUGE deal with Live Nation. I'm worth BILLIONS, baby. Wanna see my contract? It's in my cabin, right next to the boiler room"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:05 am

The Motley Cruise. There's an idea that's worth 100 million dollars.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:09 am

spectrefate wrote:

Yea, ya see? Vince was in Motley CRUE and so they named the boat ride a Motley CRUISE, because Vince performs on the boat! Get it? That kind of clever word play is worth it's weight in gold. Too bad Vince isn't.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, ya see? Vince was in Motley CRUE and so they named the boat ride a Motley CRUISE, because Vince performs on the boat! Get it?
thanks, i never would have put that together Laughing very hard

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:02 pm

spectrefate wrote:

You know it! A WHOLE lot of people would sign up for that.

But the amount of penecillin they would have to stock would limit the available rooms. Book it early! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:03 pm

It has the potential to turn into the Motley Ooze. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:40 pm

Tommy has always been a wigger!

Fat Freddy wrote:
How old will all these guys be in 10 years? Hell, Mick Mars might not live that long. He's in pretty bad shape as it is, he's got some kind of degenerative bone disease.

Besides, isn't Tommy Lee all into being a hip hop DJ now, yo? They ran a quote from him on Blabbermouth a while ago about how he was "done" with rock music.

(SIGH) Whatever... I haven't bought a Crue album since SHOUT AT THE DEVIL anyway...

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours   Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crue: $100+ million for 3 albums/world tours
Page 1 of 1