Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nantucket

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Nantucket Empty
PostSubject: Nantucket   Nantucket Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:16 pm

OK, I did a search and did not find any references to this late 70s/early 80s hard rock band. Really talented bunch of guys who used some saxaphone and harmonica to spice up their AOR hard rock sound. Thanks to the good folks at Wounded Bird Records, almost all the Nantucket albums finally saw a CD release a few years ago. Best ones to me are Long Way To The Top (yes, they cover that song) and the debut.

I only know of one other person on any board who has heard this band and he's the former college roommate who turned me on to them.

Anybody here ever heard Nantucket?

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Nantucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nantucket   Nantucket Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:19 pm

I once knew a man from Nantucket..... Very Happy

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Nantucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nantucket   Nantucket Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:20 pm

No, no, no...and not the Nantucket Sleighride by Mountain that always comes up when you google the name.

Off to see if I can find samples.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Nantucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nantucket   Nantucket Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:29 pm

This is the best I could do and their best song "Heartbreaker" isn't even here.

http://www.myspace.com/nantucketband

Nantucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nantucket   Nantucket Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:45 pm

Shiney wrote:

Though the same when I read the topic.

Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Nantucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nantucket   Nantucket Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 8:45 pm

Wow a Nantucket fan awesome, had all the albums on vinyl back when they came out and yes "Long Way To The Top" was indeed their best album.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Nantucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nantucket   Nantucket Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 8:49 pm

Quote :
Wow a Nantucket fan awesome, had all the albums on vinyl back when they came out and yes "Long Way To The Top" was indeed their best album.

Thanks for the backing Wargod.

I actually wrote an email to Wounded Bird thanking them for releasing Nantucket on CD>

Nantucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nantucket   Nantucket Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:38 am

NANTUCKET were killer! I recorded all 3 of their early records onto CD-R's from vinyl several years ago...

Nantucket (1978)
Your Face Or Mine? (1979)
Long Way To The Top (1980) (They toured with AC/DC some on "Back In Black")

They had some great songs..."Heartbreaker," "Hey, Hey Blondie," "California," "Never Gonna Take Your Lies," "Born In A Honkey Tonk," etc. I had heard from a friend that they were finally issued on CD a couple of years back...can't believe it took so long. They were based here in NC. I had a music instructor once that went to college with Kenny Soule at East Carolina University, and he told me that NANTUCKET were amazing guys in their heyday. They were on Epic Records and did shows with some of the biggest bands of the late 70's, such as KISS and AC/DC. They do reunion gigs here every year, and most of the guys still live in the Raleigh area. I don't know him personally, but I ran into Tommy Redd at a show last year. His group TOMMY REDD'S BOOGIE CHILLINS' BAND played that night. Also, current CORROSION OF CONFORMITY drummer Jason Patterson toured and recorded with NANTUCKET in the late 80's version of the band. Unfortunately, I have dial-up, so I can't utilize MySpace too well. I'm not sure if the link that you gave (tohostudios) has the same info or not (I assume it does), but check out the link below to make sure. 2112 Percussion is a drum store here in the area and they've got a nice site dedicated to NANTUCKET...

http://www.2112online.com/nantucket/index.html

It has some awesome stuff on the band (classic magazine/newspaper write-ups, etc), as well as great nostalgic memories from fans. Click on the various links on the site if you have extra time...lots of nice info.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Nantucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nantucket   Nantucket Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 9:27 am

Quote :
NANTUCKET were killer! I recorded all 3 of their early records onto CD-R's from vinyl several years ago...

LOL! I did exactly the same thing. I even drove to a record store in downtown St. Louis (dangerous part of town) to get a pristine copy of the S/T. About a year later the official CDs came out on Wounded Bird.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Nantucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nantucket   Nantucket Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 11:50 am

Shiney wrote:

Yea, I meet him. Let me tell you something. The story is GREATLY exagerated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nantucket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nantucket   Nantucket Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nantucket
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: