Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radakka

Go down 
+5
scottmitchell74
Wargod
nevermore
kmorg
Fat Freddy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 12:39 pm

Radakka Malice%20and%20Tranquility

Any fans of this cruelly ignored Chicago area melodic metal band round here? I just dusted off their two CDs for the first time in awhile and had forgotten just how damn good they were. Some of you might be familiar with their cover of "Night Crawler" on Century Media's Judas Priest tribute album from the late 90s, but they also released two excellent studio albums for the label. Of the two, I'd say I prefer the darker-edged REQUIEM FOR THE INNOCENT (1998) but MALICE & TRANQUILITY (1995) was no slouch either. Their sound can best be described as a little bit of Queensryche, a bit of Priest, maybe some DYSFUNCTIONAL era Dokken and Iced Earth mixed in too. Interesting stuff. Sadly, they are now long defunct, but the music lives on, as they say.

There's also a bootleg Radakka CD out there called MAJESTY FORESHADOWED that compiles two of their early 90s demos. I've never heard or seen it, but if anybody's got it and wants to work a trade, I'd definitely be interested.

Thoughts?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 12:51 pm

I used to have the first one. Can't even remember what it sounded like.

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Radakka 5051099721326Radakka Malice%20and%20Tranquility

Any fans of this cruelly ignored Chicago area melodic metal band round here? I just dusted off their two CDs for the first time in awhile and had forgotten just how damn good they were. Some of you might be familiar with their cover of "Night Crawler" on Century Media's Judas Priest tribute album from the late 90s, but they also released two excellent studio albums for the label. Of the two, I'd say I prefer the darker-edged REQUIEM FOR THE INNOCENT (1998) but MALICE & TRANQUILITY (1995) was no slouch either. Their sound can best be described as a little bit of Queensryche, a bit of Priest, maybe some DYSFUNCTIONAL era Dokken and Iced Earth mixed in too. Interesting stuff. Sadly, they are now long defunct, but the music lives on, as they say.

There's also a bootleg Radakka CD out there called MAJESTY FORESHADOWED that compiles two of their early 90s demos. I've never heard or seen it, but if anybody's got it and wants to work a trade, I'd definitely be interested.

Thoughts?

hehehe, if you only knew what i've got from their singer when i tracked him down just after the release of their masquerade demo...i'm sure he has regretted it....
Back to top Go down

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:18 pm

syrus wrote:

hehehe, if you only knew what i've got from their singer when i tracked him down i'm sure he has regretted it....

What did you get from him, the clap?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:22 pm

spectrefate wrote:
syrus wrote:

hehehe, if you only knew what i've got from their singer when i tracked him down i'm sure he has regretted it....

Laughing very hard Ehh, it's OK. One shot of penicillin will clear that right up.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
syrus wrote:

Laughing very hard Ehh, it's OK. One shot of penicillin will clear that right up.

what's this? i'm tired now of looking to the dictionary....so you don't know the previous band of their singer....
Back to top Go down

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:25 pm

syrus wrote:

what's this? i'm tired now of looking to the dictionary....so you don't know the previous band of their singer....

We are all waiting to find out what you got from him. It's like Christmas morning.
Back to top Go down

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:27 pm

spectrefate wrote:
syrus wrote:

We are all waiting to find out what you got from him. It's like Christmas morning.

tell me first what do you think of veni domine..... lol!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25640

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 5:05 pm

I used to have Requiem For The Innocent. I would give it a few spins from time to time and then it sat around alot so I traded it away.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 6:30 pm

I have both of those cds, good melodic metal!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 6:31 pm

Based on the cryptic manner of his posts.....I'm guessing genital warts....No shame, bro. 🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 11:49 pm

Might have to check them out. I do like the cover of Nightcrawler they did on the Judas Priest Tribute albums from Century Media.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Might have to check them out. I do like the cover of Nightcrawler they did on the Judas Priest Tribute albums from Century Media.

REQUIEM FOR THE INNOCENT, at least, can usually be found pretty cheap on eBay.

In fact, here's a copy on eBay right now for only $4.95:
http://cgi.ebay.com/REQUIEM-FOR-THE-INNOCENT-RADAKKA-CD-IMPORT-MINT_W0QQitemZ230218135075QQihZ013QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

MALICE AND TRANQUILITY was a Europe-only release so that one's a little harder/more expensive to come by (or at least it was for me).

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9853

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:56 am

Are these guys still active?

Really good band.

Was spinning "I'll walk alone"earlier this morning.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:11 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Really good band.

They've been missing and presumed dead since around 1999. Sad

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Really good band.

They've been missing and presumed dead since around 1999. Sad

Missing? Like no one knows where they are????

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:19 am

"Missing" meaning there was never an official break-up announcement as far as I know, but the band released REQUIEM FOR THE INNOCENT in '98 and haven't been heard from since.

Back to top Go down
Ultimate.Nightmare
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:54 am

RADAKKA is no longer around. The singer (Jon) and the drummer (Dean) went on to form SLICK, a nu/melodic metal band. I saw them when they opened up for LILLIAN AXE and I brought all my RADAKKA demos and had them sign it. I was also wearing the PARADOXX shirt (yes, an original) which completely flipped out Jon...Anyway, as of today to my knowledge SLICK is still playing and PARADOXX regrouped minus the singer (Glenn) after only one show. Had them all sign my "Plan of Attak" CD. Gotta find the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:56 am

Ultimate.Nightmare wrote:
RADAKKA is no longer around. The singer (Jon) and the drummer (Dean) went on to form SLICK, a nu/melodic metal band. I saw them when they opened up for LILLIAN AXE and I brought all my RADAKKA demos and had them sign it. I was also wearing the PARADOXX shirt (yes, an original) which completely flipped out Jon...Anyway, as of today to my knowledge SLICK is still playing and PARADOXX regrouped minus the singer (Glenn) after only one show. Had them all sign my "Plan of Attak" CD. Gotta find the pictures.

...well, there you go Gil. They've moved on. Thanks for the info, U.N.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6304

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2022 3:57 pm

I just just listened to the Judas Priest tribute CD and looked up this band, then ordered both Requiem for Tomorrow and Malice and Tranquillity after I saw their second hand CDs were going for cheap.

A classic metal band, THIS GOOD, from Chicago?

Radakka Rasd4x10-scaled
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2022 4:12 pm

My favourite song by these guys:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 2:05 pm

Damn, some serious back-from-the-dead necromancy goin' on here, I haven't thought about this band in years, yet I'm the one who started this thread! Haha

Now that y'all got me thinking about 'em again I'm gonna have to dust off some of their stuff this week.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 2:07 pm

Guest wrote:

hehehe, if you only knew what i've got from their singer when i tracked him down just after the release of their masquerade demo...i'm sure he has regretted it....

I had almost forgotten about this guy. I swear I never understood what the hell he was talkin' about in half of his posts, but I always love the "hehehe's."

I still use that shit sarcastically to this day. Only sacred vynals ist tr00 eheheheheheh! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6304

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2022 11:31 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Damn, some serious back-from-the-dead necromancy goin' on here, I haven't thought about this band in years, yet I'm the one who started this thread! Haha

Now that y'all got me thinking about 'em again I'm gonna have to dust off some of their stuff this week.
Yeah! Let's both rock out to Radakka in 2022!

I didn't get my CDs yet. But these albums could be the soundtrack to this summer.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2022 6:06 pm

Lari wrote:

Yeah! Let's both rock out to Radakka in 2022!

I didn't get my CDs yet. But these albums could be the soundtrack to this summer.

Gonna listen to "Malice & Tranquility" tonight while I'm out walking my dog! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Radakka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radakka   Radakka Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radakka
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: