Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dominus Praelii

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Dominus Praelii Empty
PostSubject: Dominus Praelii   Dominus Praelii Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 6:23 pm

http://www.myspace.com/dominuspraelii

Just got "Holding The Flag Of War" couple days they are more oldschool cult metal similar to Paragon, Sabaton if you like those bands you may like Dominus Praelii!

Dominus Praelii was formed in 2000 by Silvio Rocha and Rafael Guilhen, ex-members of bands like Predator, Psicodeath and Murder.

After some rehearsals, Renê Warrior (ex-Peaceful Tomb) joined the band and the composing process begun. Some time later Evandro Romero and Ricardo Pigatto made the group complete.

The name of the band comes from latin, and means Lord of the Battle. It was chosen because of the lyrical themes about the ancient wars that took place in our world, as well as elements of its mythology and folklore.

In 2001 the band recorded their first demo tape, entitled The First Battle, started to make concerts to show their work throughout Brazil and sent the demo to various labels that were interested in releasing the record. In the same year Megahard Records released the debut CD called Holding the Flag of War.

The music of Dominus Praelii has influences of 80's classics like Running Wild, Manowar, Grave Digger, Destruction and Coroner. That explains the weight and aggressiveness that are clearly present in the songs, exalting the true metal. Holding the Flag of War was released in Brazil and has been distributed in Europe, Japan and South America by Megahard Records.

In 2002 the band made an extensive promotion throught he metal scene with interviews made by the biggest magazines, zines, webzines and radios. In the same year they made the Prima Prellun Tour, which included an unforgettable concert with Saxon. The tour was extended 'till February of 2003, passing through 25 cities of 16 brazilian states.

In March of 2003 they began to compose the songs of the next album, Bastards and Killers, process which was finished in September. In November Dominus Praelii went to São Paulo to record the album. It was two months in the studio of Megahard Records to finish it. It was recorded by Tchello Martins and masterized by Paulo Anhaia. The whole process was concluded in March of 2004 and also had the guest appearance of Frank Godzik (ex-Kreator, ex-Sodom, Mystic), meanwhile the band played a lot of concerts.

In 2005 the band had problems with the label Megahard Records because of the long delay to release the new album, Bastards and Killers, because of their financial problems.

In 2006 Bastards and Killers is released and a huge South American tour is booked, promising to visit 50 cities, which may let the band to be included in Guinness Book of Records with the biggest tour made by a rock band in South America.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Dominus Praelii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominus Praelii   Dominus Praelii Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 7:00 pm

Good stuff!

You got my attention with Paragon and Sabaton references.....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

Dominus Praelii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominus Praelii   Dominus Praelii Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 10:35 pm

Didnt' I start a thread about these dudes a while back?

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/dominus-praelii-old-school-metal-from-brazil-t2644.htm?highlight=dominus

Uh, yea, I did!
And geeze, Wargod and Scottmitchell, you both posted in it!! Laughing very hard

But seriously: Dominus Praelii. Me likey. Good stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Dominus Praelii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominus Praelii   Dominus Praelii Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:34 pm

Ha! So I did! Good thing I didn't say then "it's crap" only to like it now!!

So many good Cds, so little $$$$$$$$!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Dominus Praelii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominus Praelii   Dominus Praelii Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 9:21 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Story of my life, pal. Smile Actually, story of ALL of our lives, I'm sure...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Dominus Praelii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominus Praelii   Dominus Praelii Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Story of my life, pal. Smile Actually, story of ALL of our lives, I'm sure...

indeed. i am missing so manyclassics and while i could afford them i would never really have time to listen to them all so i am trying to cut back on cds this year except for new releases
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Dominus Praelii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominus Praelii   Dominus Praelii Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 12:47 pm

OOOPS should of did a SEARCH!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Dominus Praelii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominus Praelii   Dominus Praelii Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 1:27 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
OOOPS should of did a SEARCH!

Wargod48

Just be glad it was me and not Eyesore that caught ya. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Dominus Praelii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominus Praelii   Dominus Praelii Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 1:47 pm

Oh well!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dominus Praelii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominus Praelii   Dominus Praelii Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dominus Praelii
Page 1 of 1