Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?

Go down 
+23
tohostudios
bgast1
James B.
Muloc7253
arttieTHE1manparty
kethdredd
Metal Misfit
fishingd
mez
80smetalrocks
7thSecond
nevermore
journeyman
rattpoison
krokus
Shiney
Olafsto
mr.electric39
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:24 pm

Sleep
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:56 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Sleep

Wrong thread. You must have meant to place this in the Dream Theater thread. Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 3:21 pm

Love this band. My favorite album is Wake Me When It's Over (the first FP album I bought) but their debut is good and I just recently got Whipped, which is also good. I was surprised by *how* good it is though, it's darker but still good stuff, I like the use of the horns. You can hear where Taime would end up taking the band starting with Whipped.

Favorite songs:

Bathroom Wall
Don't Change That Song
Babylon
Where There's a Whip, There's a Way
Poison Ivy
House of Pain (this and Poison Ivy are my favorite FP songs)
Nonstop to Nowhere
Big Dictionary
Loose Booty
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 10:05 pm

Wake me when its over is my favorite. Saw them twice with Blackboard Jungle opening for them, both were very good.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 11:30 pm

I have all of their stuff and like it to varying degrees. The first one will always be my favorite, no doubt. But even the new one, The Power And The Gloryhole, has some decent stuff to offer...its just surrounded by a lot of mediocrity...and it is really no longer the same band. While it is easily my LEAST favorite, there is a song here and there that catches my ear when I spin it.

Quote :
There was a band from New York called Mr. Nasty

I have both of their CD's, and dig them. .38 Caliber Kisses is superior to the newer one, however. Better songwriting.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:49 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:

Quote :
There was a band from New York called Mr. Nasty

I have both of their CD's, and dig them. .38 Caliber Kisses is superior to the newer one, however. Better songwriting.

Arttie

You agree with the Faster Pu$$ycat comparison to Mr. Nasty in particular .38 Caliber Kisses.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:48 am

Having only heard their first album, I found them to be lazy and cheap, personally. I dunno, I just don't get off from a band so deriative of other bands styles. The fact that you have lookalikes of Slash and Axl on the cover and a soundalike of Steve Tyler shows where their hearts were while producing that album. 'Dont Change That Song' and 'Bathroom Wall' just sound like they were thrown together in ten minutes, and they decided to use that damn 12 bar blues rock and roll riff that near enough every rock band has used at least once, which I just find really annoying. Not only did they use it once, which annoyed me enough, but they return to it with another song later in the album.

Still, 'Cathouse' and 'City Has No Heart' are great fun pop metal songs, but the only ones I liked from the album. I never really saw them as a real sleazy band like Motley Crue, it sounded to me like they were almost pretending to be sleazy. I just found the album to be half-assed, personally.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 5:27 am

Cheap is what makes this (FP S/T) great, it's like the soundtrack to a cask wine drinking session and getting messy with a chick you've just met. Fun as hell. All sh*tty Johnny Thunders guital leads, mangy screechy caterwauling and one note piano plonking. An endearing time worn piece of trash!

Slash and Axl lookalikes! The Pussies looked like a bedraggled americanized Hanoi Rocks in all their bolero hatted glory. An image that Axl and co. copped as well around the same time as did half of el lay.

If you wanna talk about a band that isn't really a sleazy band or really a real band than that's Motley Crue. A band that always had one eye on the money, not really sleazy just pretenders who'd make you wanna believe they were guttersnipes. They wanted to be the NY Dolls but they weren't even Kiss!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 5:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

They were god-awful when I saw them open for KISS on the "Revenge" tour, so that probably didn't help.

Yeah, I have Wake Me When It's Over and like it alot,but when I saw them open for KISS on the same tour,I thought they were pretty bad too (having Trixter open for them as well probably didn't help matters)
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:16 pm

When they first ht the strip, I gotta say they had "something" going on but it faded fast when individual ego pulled the "band/group" thing apart and it showed in not only thier tunes, but performance as well. The last time I seen them was opening for Frehley's Comet w/ Y & T in the middle at the Wiltern Theater in 87'.
They were boo'd off the stage after three or four tunes and the rhythm player said "you can't boo us....this is our town" and walked off stage. Dave Miniketti looked silly with fat belly sticking out of spandex... but they rocked the place. Ace and band rocked, big time...he was having fun. I'm always sporting my "rock soldiers" t-shirt....really kewl shirt.

Laterz
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:24 pm

I like em but couldn't tell you the name of one single song. I have Whipped, but nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:38 am

rattpoison wrote:
Cheap is what makes this (FP S/T) great, it's like the soundtrack to a cask wine drinking session and getting messy with a chick you've just met. Fun as hell. All sh*tty Johnny Thunders guital leads, mangy screechy caterwauling and one note piano plonking. An endearing time worn piece of trash!

Slash and Axl lookalikes! The Pussies looked like a bedraggled americanized Hanoi Rocks in all their bolero hatted glory. An image that Axl and co. copped as well around the same time as did half of el lay.

If you wanna talk about a band that isn't really a sleazy band or really a real band than that's Motley Crue. A band that always had one eye on the money, not really sleazy just pretenders who'd make you wanna believe they were guttersnipes. They wanted to be the NY Dolls but they weren't even Kiss!

Difference is, Motley Crue wrote albums packed with great, well-written songs and actually used their own riffs, instead of using the same old 12 bar blues and nicking the Manowar self-titled song for the opening riff on 'City has no heart'.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:30 pm

Faster Pu$$ycat nicked a Manowar riff? You gotta be kiddin' me. All riffs have been played before so it's no surprise a band may play something close to the same riff sometime by coincidence. Hell i thought the godawful Roxx Gang ripped the Dictators opening riff from their song 'Minnesota Strip' for their song 'No Easy Way Out' but i think that was coincidence like alot of other ones.

Motley Crue wrote great songs? I could probably count on one hand the number of good not great songs Motley Crue wrote in a career that spans 25+ years. Totally block headed assinine lyrics and plodding dull tired watered down derivative music sountracking that, Motley Crue represent the worst aspects of 80's rock in their music and actions.

At least Faster Pu$$ycat had a self-deprecating humour (eg: 'Babylon') and conscience (eg: 'Pullling Weeds') to their lyrics and reached back further than Kiss for actual musical inspiration. You know Nikki Sixx would give his left nut to write a song as good as FP's 'House Of Pain'.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:19 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Faster Pu$$ycat nicked a Manowar riff? You gotta be kiddin' me. All riffs have been played before so it's no surprise a band may play something close to the same riff sometime by coincidence. Hell i thought the godawful Roxx Gang ripped the Dictators opening riff from their song 'Minnesota Strip' for their song 'No Easy Way Out' but i think that was coincidence like alot of other ones.

Motley Crue wrote great songs? I could probably count on one hand the number of good not great songs Motley Crue wrote in a career that spans 25+ years. Totally block headed assinine lyrics and plodding dull tired watered down derivative music sountracking that, Motley Crue represent the worst aspects of 80's rock in their music and actions.

At least Faster Pu$$ycat had a self-deprecating humour (eg: 'Babylon') and conscience (eg: 'Pullling Weeds') to their lyrics and reached back further than Kiss for actual musical inspiration. You know Nikki Sixx would give his left nut to write a song as good as FP's 'House Of Pain'.

I can't see us both ever agreeing, just a difference of opinion I guess.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:39 pm

Opinions are opinions so that's cool. Cool
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:42 pm

This is a band I need to revisit.

In their heyday, they didn't really do much for me. I liked the song "Poison Ivy" but that's really the only one that stuck with me.

15 years later I discovered Hardcore Superstar and started sharing their music with other people. Almost to a person, everyone said "reminds me of Faster Pussycat".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Yeah their was hardcore superstar song that i don't think was on any of their albums recently that was the greatest Faster Pu$$ycat song they never released.

Here's a clip of the Backyard Babies cover FP's Babylon at some outdoor festival.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpVmdm8sD0w
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Quote :
Yeah their was hardcore superstar song that i don't think was on any of their albums recently that was the greatest Faster Pu$$ycat song they never released.

"Bastards". I finally broke down and bought it. $5 seemed like a steep price for one song but it's a damn fine song!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:40 pm

Ahh that's the one i think.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:46 pm

I like Hardcore Superstar way better than I ever liked anything by Faster Pu$$ycat...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:52 pm

Only own the first one, and love it.

I'll get to the others..... someday.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 9:31 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I like Hardcore Superstar way better than I ever liked anything by Faster Pu$$ycat...

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:18 am

I Like HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, FASTER Pu$$ycat and MOTLEY CRUE

so take that.....

Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 1:19 am

rattpoison wrote:
The Pussies looked like a bedraggled americanized Hanoi Rocks in all their bolero hatted glory.

At least we can agree that Hanoi Rocks were awesome (or at least I think that's what you were suggesting).

:rendeer:
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 1:28 am

Oh yeah major Hanoi fan. Throw The Clash, The Stooges, The NY Dolls, The Shangri-Las, The Surfaris and the Stones in a blender and Hanoi Rocks is what you get. Amazing post-punk rock n' roll band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?   Faster Pu$$ycat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faster Pu$$ycat anyone?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next