Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series

Go down 
+5
ultmetal
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
nevermore
mc666
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Empty
PostSubject: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 2:56 pm

I forgot to post about this the other day:

Quote :
Speed N' Spikes is a series of five limited-edition split 7" releases from ten of the best underground thrash metal bands today. Volume one features all new and exclusive material from recent Relapse signees TOXIC HOLOCAUST and Rochester's BLUDWULF. This split 7” is available now and includes the TOXIC HOLOCAUST track "City of a Million Graves" and BLUDWULF tracks "Wasteland / Interceptor" and "Necromancer", which can be heard now on each band's respective MySpace pages.

For more information on the split, please access this release page.

Future editions will also feature new and exclusive material from ABIGAIL, ABSU, EARLY MAN, NEKROMANTHEON, RAMMER, RUMPELSTILTSKIN GRINDER, STRIKEMASTER, and WITCHAVEN. Each edition will be on colored wax and strictly limited to 1,000, never to be repressed again. The Speed N' Spikes series will also feature collectible original artwork from Relapse's Timothy Leo with each volume making up a portion of a comic strip.

Seems like a pretty cool deal. I bought two copies of this first one. They're cheap ($5 each), so I'll try and trade/sell the set when it's complete. Looking forward to the one with Early Man.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 5:19 pm

i have volume one. plus i love Rumpelstiltskin Grinder, Absu, & Withaven so i'm looking forward to the next editions.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25943

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:44 pm

I was thinking about ordering a couple things from Relapse. I'll have to see about picking up these as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 4:59 pm

Damn fine item, I got a Yellow & Red splatter one, for some unknown reason my record player is gone tits up and I'm buying alot of vinyl !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 5:13 pm

Man, I really need to buy a record player. Someone needs to invent a record player with a USB connector. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 5:16 pm

They make those.

http://shop.npr.org/product/show/30224?sc=gaw&gclid=CLj0_umFqZECFQT-lgoduieqfw
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Man, I really need to buy a record player. Someone needs to invent a record player with a USB connector. Haha.

I got one for Christmas. They sell 'em at Best Buy for about $130 bucks, but I've seen them as low as $99 online (without shipping though). The one I got isn't as fancy as the one Spectre showed.

It's a basic turntable that plugs into the USB port. With the software included, it puts the tracks into your computer, then turns the them into mp3 files, which can then be burned to a cd.

Unfortunately, I have yet to put mine to use. I've had it since Christmas, but haven't had the time to really sit down and play with it. Every time I say "Ok, this Sunday, I'm gonna make some music", something comes up. Once I do actually get it up and running, I'll post some kind of review if you guys are interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:15 pm

spectrefate wrote:
They make those.

http://shop.npr.org/product/show/30224?sc=gaw&gclid=CLj0_umFqZECFQT-lgoduieqfw

Na there's a better one than that, tidier looking too, I'll find the shaggin' link and post it, I must get one as they are built for ripping the vinyl on to the PC.

is there anyway of transferring Cassettes onto the PC ?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:28 pm

Quote :
is there anyway of transferring Cassettes onto the PC ?

I believe I can do that with mine, but I have to buy a special adapter. On the package, there is a picture of a cassette with a long cord that goes into the turntable. I take that to mean I can take cassette audio as well, but I have to get that special tape adapter to do it.
Maybe I'll futz around with it tonight since I don't give a rat's arse about the SuperBowl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:06 pm

Sweet! I guess I should have figured someone would do it, but I'd never thought to look before. In fact, I never even thought about a record player that plugs into a PC until tonight. I definitely have to buy one! I have so much vinyl I've never listened to.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 2:36 am

Back to the original topic, there will be good news announced on this split series soon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:48 am

Lurideath wrote:
there will be good news announced on this split series soon!

ohh yea ..............

you guys doing one ? go on tell us,

Is there any word as to how often these will be released ? every 3months etc......
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 11:07 am

I picked up Vol. 1 recently. My copy is the yellow and red splatter like Locky's. Maybe all of them are this color. I will be picking up the others when they become available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:28 am

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=28609076

That's got some footage of Early Man recording their song for the upcoming split. It sounds like a great song! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 5:05 pm

Speed N' Spikes is a series of five limited edition split 7"
releases from ten of the best underground thrash metal bands today.
Volume two features all new and exclusive material from RUMPELSTILTSKIN GRINDER and the first new material from ABSU in nearly 10 years. This split 7" will be available May 20 and includes the RUMPELSTILTSKIN GRINDER track "Brainwasher C. 1655" and ABSU songs "To The Gallows" and "Thrashstorms", which can be heard now on each band's respective MySpace page.

Issue one of the series featured recent Relapse signees TOXIC HOLOCAUST and Rochester's BLUDWULF and has completely sold out since its release in January. Future editions will feature new and exclusive material from ABIGAIL, EARLY MAN, NEKROMANTHEON, RAMMER, AVENGER OF BLOOD and WITCHAVEN. Each edition will be on colored wax and strictly limited to 1,000, never to be repressed again. The Speed N' Spikes series also features collectible original artwork from Relapse's Timothy Leo and Mike Wohlberg of The Fat Kid Illustration with each volume making up a portion of a comic strip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:38 pm

Word! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:44 pm

Ordered my copies too, thanks.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:07 pm

I pre-ordered Vol. 2 of this series earlier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:42 pm

Just ordered my copies, too. Gotta buy that damn record player soon. lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:06 am

Cool records! So much great stuff being release. So little money.

Really wish I would have gotten in on Vol. 1. Oh well!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:25 am

Order Vol. II. Grrrr!!! Too bad Vol. I is sold out! HEY EYESORE!!!!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 6:35 pm

Received my copy of Vol 2 in the mail.

Now, Eyesore, what can I do to get your extra copy of Vol. 1 off of ya? Smile

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Haha. Well...what do you have to offer? I was going to buy doubles of them all and then sell the set. But I might be willing to work with you. =)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:00 pm

I'll email you a trade list.

ult

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:50 am

Does anyone know when Speed n Spike Vol 3 will be for sale at Relapse?

PostSubject: Re: Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series   Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Relapse: Limited Edition Speed N' Spikes 7" Series
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next