Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MMA

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

MMA Empty
PostSubject: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:22 pm

So any Mix Martial Arts fabs here?

MMA is my favorite thing on TV right now and also the show The Ultimate Fighter rox.

Whp are your fav fighters?

I would have to say Fedor is the best out there maybe best there ever was.
I also like Matt Hughes even though he's on the downfall. George St. Pierre when his head is in it will be tough to beat. I like Stephan Bonnar as well and Forrest Griffin
Back to top Go down

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:43 pm

Before anyone says it, the sport is not called UFC! Haha. I have friends that think UFC started it all. Pffft.

Anyway, I have no favorites in MMA, simply because there will never be a reigning champion anymore. Not like in boxing. You'll never seen someone defend a title 20 times. It won't happen. Love the sport, though. My ex-wife actually got me into it in 1997 or so. UFC 6, I believe, was the one she rented for me. Been hooked ever since.

Wait...I do have a favorite:

MMA Gina_carano

MMA 389301516_a57edcf9c0

MMA Crush005fb5

Yeah, she's on the new Gladiators show, too. She's tough, though. This is nothing like female boxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMmSME9EJYc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhwnyeOwu-w

Tough chick. And hot.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:55 pm

haha hot she is..

Yes i agree i think Matt Hughes defended his belt 7 times b4 being beaten and thats because he was getting old lol. I think those 7 times will never be topped in MMA.

Check this knockout out.. I suggest using the mute button as well...

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:10 pm

I like MMA when they fight. I hate when they grapple on the ground.

BTW....that guy....is he O.K.??? That was quite a smash to the noggin...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Yes Cro Cop is fine. I actually like the grapple game cuxz that is usually waht seperates the fighters in MMA if u have no wrestling skills u will never make it in the MMA imo. Chuck Liddell is one of the few guys who can go w/o being taken down because he has tremendous take down defense.

I have seen a lot of fights where the stand up guy will be dominating then poof he gets taken down and taps out.

Fedor who is the best imo almost gets his neck broken then comes back and makes this guy scream like a baby. This guy is unreal..

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:13 pm

NO HONOR, NO RESPECT, NO SPORTSMANSHIP......NO THANK YOU! sick
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:14 pm

oh yeah, most importantly....NO SKILL.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:13 pm

T-Roy wrote:
NO HONOR, NO RESPECT, NO SPORTSMANSHIP......NO THANK YOU! sick

Hmm sounds a lil ignorant imo, y do u think this?

I find this a lot more entertaining then boxing, there is tons of sportsmanship, and the skill level is superior to those in boxing imo.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:36 pm

Ignorant? I first got a taste of it in the early 90's. Nothing ignorant about it...! If it were submission artists, like Hoyce and Toktarov today....it'd be something I'd enjoy watching. ALL it is now is very poor boxing skills with no boxing gloves (therefore quick KO's and bloodshed). The 'mixed martial arts' portion eludes to the tackling of, and then jumping on top of and then beating of the guy’s head into the mat, until, the ref call's it or the guy on his back is a lifeless bloody heap. Yes many of the fighters have black belts and or train under the banner of a certain discipline. If I want REAL full contact martial arts, I will watch MUI-TAI fighting or Kickboxing any day of the week over MMA. I’ve seen allot of it, current and prior. Just not my thing I guess. Guys like Dave Severan and Tank Abbot literally ruined the sport of MMA.

What sportsmanship do you speak of?

You cannot compare the skill level in MMA to that of Boxing. In boxing you have rules. Lots of rules. You are confined to the use of your hands only. There is no comparison at all, it’s like comparing American football and rugby…impossible. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:50 pm

I agree that Tank gave the sport a really bad name but the guy loved to fight he just needed to keep his mouth shut. There is a lot of sportsmanship and a lot of the fighters will tell u the b4 the fight interviews are just to hyp of the fights to make it draw in a bigger crowd. Most of the fighters today are in there 20's and therefore come off a lil cocky but hey a lil confidence wont hurt ya. The sportsmanship is b4 the fight when they touch gloves w/o the ref consent, and after the fight when most all the fighters hug and give huge props to the other one.

I just think the competition aspect of MMA beats those other fighting genres as boxing and kickboxing seems to have the same champ for 10 yrs running..
Back to top Go down

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 6:31 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
haha hot she is..

Yes i agree i think Matt Hughes defended his belt 7 times b4 being beaten and thats because he was getting old lol. I think those 7 times will never be topped in MMA.

Check this knockout out.. I suggest using the mute button as well...

No way. That's the Kottonmouth Kings, man. They kick ass! Love that group. Laughing And yeah, Cro Cop isn't quite performing up to the level people expected. Haha.
Back to top Go down

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 6:37 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
It's just like boxing. Some people hate fighters like Mayweather because he's not knocking people out (they should hate him because he's a dick). But his boxing skills are amazing. The same applies to grappling. Like boxing, it is a sweet science, so when you get two good grapplers together it's pretty damn cool. Of course, there's a lot of dudes that do nothing on the ground.

Oh, and T-Roy, I gotta say, your opinion is quite a bit off. The UFC in the 90s is nothing like it is now. And the UFC is what most think of when it comes to MMA. Early UFC is not MMA, though; that was glorified bar room brawling. Today's MMA consists of tons of highly skilled fighters. And boxers would get wrecked by even the worst MMA fighters, by the way.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
It's just like boxing. Some people hate fighters like Mayweather because he's not knocking people out (they should hate him because he's a dick). But his boxing skills are amazing. The same applies to grappling. Like boxing, it is a sweet science, so when you get two good grapplers together it's pretty damn cool. Of course, there's a lot of dudes that do nothing on the ground.

Oh, and T-Roy, I gotta say, your opinion is quite a bit off. The UFC in the 90s is nothing like it is now. And the UFC is what most think of when it comes to MMA. Early UFC is not MMA, though; that was glorified bar room brawling. Today's MMA consists of tons of highly skilled fighters. And boxers would get wrecked by even the worst MMA fighters, by the way.
I call it like I see it bro. But it's cool you guys dig it. LMAO @ boxers getting wrecked...of course they would, it aint boxing. Just like Lydell and Jackson would get wrecked in a ring with a REAL professional boxer....with boxing only. Those guys couldn't go more than 3 MAYBE 5 rounds with a conditioned boxer. Like I said, apples and oranges. You like MMA fine, but don't compare it to boxing. IMPOSSIBLE!!!! MMA 19976

I've watched tons of Pride on Versus and everything else in MMA?! What else is there? 95% of the time, it's a tackle/take down and then clobbering time. It's just not my thing I guess. But I will say....it's METAL! 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:30 am

It is Metal indeed lol. 🤘

Just remember that Chris Leban has a magic button on his head and if u hit it ur out haha

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:04 am

ROTFLMAO!! OH SNAP! I'LL TELL YOU WHAT....THAT RIGHT THERE IS TOUGHEST CHIN I'VE EVER SEEN....NO JOKE! 🤘
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:12 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Yes Cro Cop is fine. I actually like the grapple game cuxz that is usually waht seperates the fighters in MMA if u have no wrestling skills u will never make it in the MMA imo. Chuck Liddell is one of the few guys who can go w/o being taken down because he has tremendous take down defense.

I have seen a lot of fights where the stand up guy will be dominating then poof he gets taken down and taps out.

Fedor who is the best imo almost gets his neck broken then comes back and makes this guy scream like a baby. This guy is unreal..

WOW, OKAY...THAT WAS A GREAT FIGHT. Unbelievable reversals and then a submission hold....does that dude win allot like that?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:55 pm

metalrob331 wrote:

WOW, OKAY...THAT WAS A GREAT FIGHT. Unbelievable reversals and then a submission hold....does that dude win allot like that?[/quote]

Ah Fedor he's the best in the world, i'd like to say he gives his opponents a glimmer of hope then poof there done.
Back to top Go down

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:56 pm

T-Roy, just give it a chance. Once you learn the game, it's very entertaining. And it takes a lot of skill. It's not like boxing, and I'd never compare the two, but it always seems like true boxing fans just talk down about the sport because it's not boxing. You know? It's a whole different game.

Of course, there are turds fighting. The same can be said about boxing, so in that respect it's the same. I'll tell you this, though, I've been watching boxing since I was a baby. My father got me hooked on it. Boxing in the 70s and 80s was exciting. In the 90s it became too corrupt and fighters stopped taking tough fights, for the most part. It's continued that path and it's generally anti-climactic and boring far too often. MMA is much more exciting and entertaining. When two turds in boxing fight, it's usually boring. When two turds in MMA fight, it's usually pretty damn exciting. Haha.

Especially now when the sport is evolving. Back in the day if you put Tank Abbot in with Royce Gracie, it would be boring. Because Tank is a brawler with no skill outside of being able to wing punches. The Gracies are generally submission/grappling experts. So that fight would be a total mismatch. Today, most fighters are on relative ground. You can't just be a brawler these days. You'd be lucky to even be on a televised fight if that's all you had. Most fighters today have at least a rudimentary skills in stand-up and ground.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Heres Fedor on his back making it look easy

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:06 pm

EYe u couldnt of said it any better...

Thats what i love about MMA, You put 2 up and coming fighters in the ring they want to show what they have and they give everything they have in there tank and saying that 1 fight that def comes to mind is the fight between Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar (one of the best fights in MMA history imo).

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:06 pm

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:07 pm

Rd 3

Back to top Go down

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:08 pm

I love watching Hong Man fight. The dude is a GIANT! Haha. It's so funny to watch.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:28 pm

Laughing very hard yes hes a freak, probably a idol over there..
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:54 am

UFC 80 was last night i didnt get it but seen the results and it will be on www.watchtvsitcoms.com real soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA   MMA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MMA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: