Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Guitarist for Megadeth?

Go down 
+12
Mglaffas81
Temple of Blood
mc666
thejokeriv
TrogDawn
nevermore
Smindas
stormspell
MetalRob331
caniplaywithmadness?
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:14 am

I would really like to see what Andy LaRocque could come up with for Megadeth....holy cow! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:49 am

I heard about this story yesterday afternoon but when I went looking for the article on blabbermouth to post it here, I couldn't find it.

I'm a huge Jag Panzer fan (they rule! How come there's never much talk of them around this board?) so I hope that if Chris is joining the Deth ranks, that he'll still be a member of Jag in the meantime.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:18 am

The mods on the Megadeth forums are deleting any topic on the subject.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:29 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
The mods on the Megadeth forums are deleting any topic on the subject.

looks unlikely then
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 10:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I heard about this story yesterday afternoon but when I went looking for the article on blabbermouth to post it here, I couldn't find it.

I'm a huge Jag Panzer fan (they rule! How come there's never much talk of them around this board?) so I hope that if Chris is joining the Deth ranks, that he'll still be a member of Jag in the meantime.

The very 1st post of this topic was cut and pasted directly from Blabbermouth. The only thing I didn't include was 2 video clip of Chris noodling on gee-tar. Freddy, if you couldn't find it, I wonder if Blabbermouth heard from Megadeth and was asked/told to remove it.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 10:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

The very 1st post of this topic was cut and pasted directly from Blabbermouth. The only thing I didn't include was 2 video clip of Chris noodling on gee-tar. Freddy, if you couldn't find it, I wonder if Blabbermouth heard from Megadeth and was asked/told to remove it.

sounds like something dave would do doesnt it
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I just went back to Blabbermouth and looked again, the article is indeed still there. Either I didn't scroll back far enough or I just wasn't sufficiently caffeinated last time I searched for it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I just went back to Blabbermouth and looked again, the article is indeed still there. Either I didn't scroll back far enough or I just wasn't sufficiently caffeinated last time I searched for it.

So it was a case of "Operator Error". No problem-o.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I was actually kinda disappointed when I did find it again, cuz I'd been rather enjoying this whole "Dave Mustaine Is Hiding The Truth" conspiracy theory that had started brewing in this thread.

Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:36 am

I absolutely HATE HATE HATE HATE it when this happens. . . can't he just maintain a stbale lineup past two albums? I'm tired of memorizing new names all over again New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 19976
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I was actually kinda disappointed when I did find it again, cuz I'd been rather enjoying this whole "Dave Mustaine Is Hiding The Truth" conspiracy theory that had started brewing in this thread.

I'm starting to think this whole thing is just a made-up rumor. The story seems to be running out of steam. If it was plausible, I think a site like Blabbermouth would be all over it, yet there hasn't been any follow-up stories. They've posted a few Megadeth-related stories since then regarding Gigantour and NAMM appearances, but nothing more about switching guitarists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm

I've heard that they are demoing new material with Whitfield Crane and Dave is going to be the sole guitarist now as he is tired of hiring/firing members.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:34 pm

i dont see how it would work with only one guitar player
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:53 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i dont see how it would work with only one guitar player

You know, if you keep feeding Spectre, he's just gonna keep coming back for more.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:57 pm

yeah i had kinda guessed he was joking about it
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:59 pm

Dave mentioned in a forum post awhile back that hes working on a side project, thats probably what the new guy is for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:59 pm

I don't joke. I just make up crap.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:01 pm

yeah we had noticed that
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:06 pm

I agree with ToB. The Drover brothers sounded more Medeth on "Coma Nation" then Dave did since RIP. They were perfect for Dave. This is all bollox.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:07 pm

kmorg wrote:
I agree with ToB. The Drover brothers sounded more Medeth on "Coma Nation" then Dave did since RIP. They were perfect for Dave. This is all bollox.

i agree i cant see dave throwing anyoe of them out after their resurgence
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:11 am

Just saw this on Blabbermouth... I guess we'll all find out who or what the new Deth guitarist is very soon

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has announced that he will address the band's "current guitar player situation" next week via an audio message on The Live Line.
As BLABBERMOUTH.NET first reported on January 7, MEGADETH is rumored to have tapped Chris Broderick (NEVERMORE, JAG PANZER) as the replacement for lead guitarist Glen Drover.
Although MEGADETH has yet to confirm Glen's departure via its official web site, numerous postings on various message boards (including MEGADETH's official forum, where such messages are regularly deleted) have suggested that Drover has left the band in order to focus on family life.
In a November 2007 posting on the forum of MEGADETH's official fan club, MegaFanClub (accessible to members only), Mustaine stated about Drover, "sadly, Glen is having a really difficult time handling the demands of touring and we are finding that we are having to cut our European run down already, but that it is going to be one of the last long ones for some time."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:19 am

When ya'll find out that Dave will be handling only leads and CC Deville will be playing all rhythm guitar from now on while Whitfield Crane is singing, you will be apologizing for not believing me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Guitarist for Megadeth?   New Guitarist for Megadeth? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Guitarist for Megadeth?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2