Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NWOBHM band "More"

Go down 
+3
krokus
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

NWOBHM band "More" Empty
PostSubject: NWOBHM band "More"   NWOBHM band "More" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 10:48 pm

Is anyone familiar with the band More from England. BNR Metal lists them as part of the NWOBHM, with 2 official releases, but little else.

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

NWOBHM band "More" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM band "More"   NWOBHM band "More" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 11:09 pm

They released two albums Warhead in 1981 and 1982's Blood & Thunder, both released on Atlantic records. Here is a review from allmusic.com of Warhead:

A sorely underrated band with a sound derived just as much from Southern rock roots as the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, More had polish and basic song structures that made the group much more accessible than many of its counterparts. Simply put, the band just flat-out rocks, taking tight grooves and crunchy power chord riffs and placing them all over guitarist/lead singer Kenny Cox's blues-infused guitar shredding, which obviously owes considerable debt to Jimmy Page. At times, Warhead sounds like it was manufactured directly from the school of rock, with compositions taking a page from the books of Zeppelin, Skynyrd (especially on the wildly erratic "Depression"), Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath. It's a peculiarly strong debut, but will be of very little interest to anyone but the most die-hard metal fans.

Tracks:
1. Road Rocket
2. Fire
3. Soldier
4. Depression
5. Warhead
6. Way of the World
7. We Are the Band
8. I Have No Answers

And here is a review of Blood & Thunder:

Bearing a striking resemblance to director Kevin Smith and the warrior dwarf Gimli as portrayed by actor John Rhys-Davies in the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy, guitarist Kenny Cox spearheaded More into their second album at full speed. Cox's vocal stylings suggest a weird hybrid between W.A.S.P. frontman Blackie Lawless, Dio, and Brian Johnson, while More continue to tread down paths forged by the guitar riffs of Led Zeppelin and the ferocious drumming of Black Sabbath's Bill Ward. There is nothing new here that hasn't been said or done before, but More do the essentials well enough to make this a passable listen if you're looking for something new that's been overlooked in the canon of heavy metal.

Tracks:
1. Killer on the Prowl
2. Blood and Thunder
3. I Just Can't Believe It
4. I've Been Waiting
5. Traitors Gate
6. Rock and Roll
7. I Wanna Take You
8. Go Home
9. The Eye
10. Nightmare

They both are available through Amazon and Barnes and Noble. I just might have to check them out myself. I hope that this helped you. Here is another link that has a little more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_%28UK_band%29
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

NWOBHM band "More" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM band "More"   NWOBHM band "More" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 11:22 pm

It certainly did. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

NWOBHM band "More" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM band "More"   NWOBHM band "More" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 5:14 am

No prob.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

NWOBHM band "More" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM band "More"   NWOBHM band "More" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 4:28 pm

spiritoradio, I LIKE you avatar. Its from THE WARRIORS, no??? I have the movie on vhs and the computer game on PS2.
Anyway, MORE are not very well know but like BUDGIE for exemple totaly underated.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

NWOBHM band "More" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM band "More"   NWOBHM band "More" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 2:11 am

Never heard 'em.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

NWOBHM band "More" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM band "More"   NWOBHM band "More" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 2:26 am

I have both titles, with Blood and Thunder having the bigger rep. However I think Warhead is the more NWOBHM sounding of the two; with Blood and Thunder indeed owing somthing to Wasp with a little more of dirty party vibe. Both albums are on my playlist; which mean I like them both. Kenny Cox I believe was later in the band "Mammoth"; which consisted only of fat guys (John McCoy of Gillen, Nikki Moore of Riot, etc; Cox; and another fat guy that was only in the band to "round" out the theme. Don't bother checking them out though despite the references, as they have a sound that is very much Pomp-Aor cheese. A lot like Nightwing actually.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

NWOBHM band "More" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM band "More"   NWOBHM band "More" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 2:42 am

I'm wrong about Nikki Moore being in Riot I think; maybe it was Samson he was in?
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

NWOBHM band "More" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM band "More"   NWOBHM band "More" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 3:39 am

Thanks Krokus. Yes it is from the Warriors. Great movie and pretty fun video game.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

NWOBHM band "More" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM band "More"   NWOBHM band "More" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:49 pm

That's weird. I have no memory whatsoever about this topic. I don't recall the band, the post or the replies. The original post says "3:48 am". I must have been sleep-typing.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

NWOBHM band "More" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM band "More"   NWOBHM band "More" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 6:33 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I'm wrong about Nikki Moore being in Riot I think; maybe it was Samson he was in?
Yep, Nicky was in SAMSON.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

NWOBHM band "More" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM band "More"   NWOBHM band "More" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 7:34 pm

Never heard this band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NWOBHM band "More" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM band "More"   NWOBHM band "More" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NWOBHM band "More"
Page 1 of 1