Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????

Go down 
+15
ultmetal
DeathCult
MetalRob331
scottmitchell74
stormspell
Temple of Blood
T-Roy
nevermore
krokus
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
mc666
mr.electric39
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 3:45 am

Eyesore wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I've never seen Spinal Tap. affraid
Do yourself a major favor and rent it or buy it. I picked up my copy for $10 or something like that. I saw it when it first came out 20 years ago or so and it's still just as hillarious.
so many metal cliches just open for ribbing.

I heard Dio talk about it once "spinal Tap Moments". Getting lost backstage, Dee Snider talked about it once. Simply hillarious.....

headbanger

"But these go to eleven"......
I've seen a ton of clips from it, and I've never really found them all that funny. I figured it was one of those overrated classics, like Keeper of the Seven Keys I and II. Haha.

"Keeper 1" is an excellent album. An 8 or 9 out of 10.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 3:55 am

Oh yeah, I thought of Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, and excelllent documentary on metal of course.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 9:48 pm

What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? - Page 2 Splash1
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 5:08 am

i love waynes world so i will go for that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 7:42 am

The Decline Of Western Civilaztion Pt. 2: The Metal Years

Spinal Tap escapes me. I feel like I should be laughing, but I never do when I am watching it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 9:57 am

Spinal Tap escaped me when I first saw it back in the 80s. I think I was about 13 when that movie came out, therefore maybe I was 14 or 15 when I first saw it on HBO. It completely went over my head at that time. It's a very subtle parody of the cliches of hard rock/metal, but at that age, I didn't KNOW such things were cliches yet. I was probably expecting it to be a wacky comedy with rock music, and I didn't appreciate the dry humor of it.

Years later, I saw it again when I was in college and it just "clicked." I FINALLY got it. I've seen it a bunch of times since.

It's even funnier on DVD with the Michael McKean/Harry Shearer/Christopher guest commentary track on... they do the entire commentary "in character" as David, Derek, and Nigel...

Even if you don't dig the movie, you gotta love Spinal Tap's music!! "Biiiiiig Bottom, Big Bottom, talk about mud flaps, my girl's got'em!" 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 10:01 am

ultmetal wrote:

Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park

Oh, my! How could I have forgotten to mention this one? Classic all the way through! One of the all time great BAD movies!! Laughing very hard

Abner Devareaux: "Armageddon will come to this park tonight!"
Peter Criss: We don't work with a second act, Devareaux... and besides, Armageddon is a LAME group!"
Ace: "ACK!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 11:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Spinal Tap escaped me when I first saw it back in the 80s. I think I was about 13 when that movie came out, therefore maybe I was 14 or 15 when I first saw it on HBO. It completely went over my head at that time. It's a very subtle parody of the cliches of hard rock/metal, but at that age, I didn't KNOW such things were cliches yet. I was probably expecting it to be a wacky comedy with rock music, and I didn't appreciate the dry humor of it.

Years later, I saw it again when I was in college and it just "clicked." I FINALLY got it. I've seen it a bunch of times since.

It's even funnier on DVD with the Michael McKean/Harry Shearer/Christopher guest commentary track on... they do the entire commentary "in character" as David, Derek, and Nigel...

Even if you don't dig the movie, you gotta love Spinal Tap's music!! "Biiiiiig Bottom, Big Bottom, talk about mud flaps, my girl's got'em!" 🤘

Same here. The first time I saw Spinal Tap I was pretty young and didn't get it at all. It wasn't until I was older that I understood the whole concept of a "mockumentary"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 12:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Same here. The first time I saw Spinal Tap I was pretty young and didn't get it at all. It wasn't until I was older that I understood the whole concept of a "mockumentary"

A lot of people still think they're a "real" band even today. I guess they sorta became one, since they put out a follow up album (BREAK LIKE THE WIND) and have done concerts and so forth, but I still dont' think the average Joe realizes they're all actors "playing" the roles.

I was in college when BREAK LIKE THE WIND came out so I reviewed it for our campus newspaper. Rather than go into the whole mythology behind the Tap I played it "straight" and wrote the review as if this were indeed the long awaited return of a legendary band, filled the review with references to the movie, etc. When the paper came out I could tell who got it and who didn't, cuz I had people either tell me "great article, that was hilarious" or "Wow, I didn't know Spinal Tap had been around for so long!" .... duh.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2