Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should I...?

Go down 
+4
mc666
Smindas
ghost
Mglaffas81
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 11:48 am

I got a gift-card for christmas, to a concert of my choice, all expensis paid. Pretty neat.

Now, I am thinking of going to the German Rock am Ring festival, all though that would be a three-day festival, with only 4 out of the 10 bands that are playing, I would enjoy fully. Okay, I am there to see Metallica, of course, but they are co-headlining with Motorhead. As far as I know, Metallica will play the second day of the festival, with crap act "Rage against the Machine" opening. The first day would be Motorhead, and opening are two popular German pop-rock bands, that still suck, but not totally un-listenable like the Metallica openers.

It costs 126 Euro, which is about 172 dollars - Would it be smart..?

Cheers,

Gustav
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:11 pm

In my opinion it is always worth seeing Motörhead. 🤘 But I for myself wouldn’t choose Rock am Ring because it isn’t a pure Metal Festival. Besides the Metal bands playing there are a lot of Rock and Pop bands which aren’t interesting for me. If that doesn’t bother you and you think that the billing is fine for you, then I think you will have fun.

For me would Wacken or any other Metal festivals make more sense.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 1:16 pm

Sounds fairly decent. I also think perhaps you should give RATM more of a chance. I never used to like them, but I came back to their music at some point over summer and for some reason, started to really enjoy it. The vocals can be a bit annoying, but the riffs are groovy as hell.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 1:37 pm

go for it if that's the show you want to see.

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 1:39 pm

I'd rather suggest you Bang Your Head festival - Judas Priest, Queensryche playing both Mindcrimes in its entirety (or so I've heard), Saxon, Agent Steel, Grave Digger, Forbidden, Onslaught, Obituary, and a bunch of others + it's cheaper than Rock am Ring.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 2:00 pm

I'd have to pick Sovdat's suggestion. But it's your gift.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 3:06 pm

maiden. somewhere on tour
Back to top Go down

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 3:36 pm

sovdat wrote:
I'd rather suggest you Bang Your Head festival - Judas Priest, Queensryche playing both Mindcrimes in its entirety (or so I've heard), Saxon, Agent Steel, Grave Digger, Forbidden, Onslaught, Obituary, and a bunch of others + it's cheaper than Rock am Ring.

WHAT WHAT WHAT?!? When is this festival taking place? And where?!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 4:18 pm

Go to HOA, Bang Your Head, or KIT, if you can find tickets that is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 4:21 pm

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
sovdat wrote:

http://www.bang-your-head.de/english/ehome.php

27/28-June-2008

Back to top Go down

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 7:03 pm

Quote :
with crap act "Rage against the Machine"
Thier first album was one of the best albums recorded in the 90's, imo. If everyone could figure out how to channel thier anger into productive energy, this would be a much better planet on which to exist.

With that said, if you have never seen Saxon, I would strongly point you in that direction. Then go back stage and tell them to get thier asses back to the States, like they promised after the last 2 cancelled US tours. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 7:30 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
with crap act "Rage against the Machine"
Thier first album was one of the best albums recorded in the 90's, imo. If everyone could figure out how to channel thier anger into productive energy, this would be a much better planet on which to exist.

With that said, if you have never seen Saxon, I would strongly point you in that direction. Then go back stage and tell them to get thier asses back to the States, like they promised after the last 2 cancelled US tours. Thanks.

i saw saxon a little while back. they're still great live. i also saw oliver/dawson saxon at a small festival. they were ok, but it aint saxon without biff
Back to top Go down

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 7:53 pm

Quote :
but it aint saxon without biff
Yeah, thier albums sound like a Saxon cover band. Still good stuff, and it would have been seriously cool to see Oliver/Dawson again, but, ya just can't reproduce that band w/o Biff.
Back to top Go down

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 11:51 am

Locky wrote:
defender_of_the_faith wrote:
sovdat wrote:

http://www.bang-your-head.de/english/ehome.php

27/28-June-2008

This has got to be one of the best Heavy Metal Festivals ever.
Back to top Go down

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 4:20 pm

Motörhead! Metallica isn't as good as they used to be.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 11:57 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Motörhead! Metallica isn't as good as they used to be.

I think, they are pretty much back in shape. James' voice is really coming back! It varies from show to show, but the "...And Justice for All" performance at Werchter...man, his voice was good! Everything is falling back in place...now, if they can just tune their guitars right...ok, they ain't as crappy tuned as the 2006 show's, I'l admit, but it seems to be different from song to song... "...And Justice for All", guitar-oriented, doesn't sound that good in a lower tune, but it is not just that, but when when they stop playing and let the guitar play the rest of that stroke, it sounds like the batteries on their amps are dying! But in most songs, it is okay...it just annoys me, when everything else, especially James' voice, is so tight.
Back to top Go down

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:55 am

Yeah but it's MOTÖRHEAD! I'm sure that you'll be able to see Metallica a million time. But you look like a bigger Metallica fan then me so I can't choose for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Should I...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I...?   Should I...? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: