Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FROM THE SHALLOWS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

FROM THE SHALLOWS Empty
PostSubject: FROM THE SHALLOWS   FROM THE SHALLOWS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 12:38 pm

FROM THE SHALLOWS 61u2T4ZndBL_AA240_
FROM THE SHALLOWS - Beyond the Unknown
Just got this one last Friday on the way out for the weekend from iTunes. I am LOVIN' this band. Described as death/deathcore. Super sludgy in many spots. I love the song architecture. This is their first release. I can't stop listening to this one. I actually had this blasting on my iPod while out in the tree stand last weekend in the driving winds and snow! Perfect atmosphere.

It's a shorty though. 7 songs for 25 minutes, but it keeps me on the edge of my seat...err, stand. The drummer melts. Anybody else heard of FROM THE SHALLOWS?

Last edited by on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

FROM THE SHALLOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FROM THE SHALLOWS   FROM THE SHALLOWS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 12:50 pm

T-Roy wrote:
FROM THE SHALLOWS 61u2T4ZndBL_AA240_
FROM THE SHALLOWS - Beyond the Unknown
Just got this one last Friday on the way out for the weekend from iTunes. I am LOVIN' this band. Described as death/deathcore. Super sludgy in many spots. I love the song architecture. This is there first release. I can't stop listening to this one. I actually had this blasting on my iPod while out in the tree stand last weekend in the driving winds and snow! Perfect atmosphere.

It's a shorty though. 7 songs for 25 minutes, but it keeps me on the edge of my seat...err, stand. The drummer melts. Anybody else heard of FROM THE SHALLOWS?

Yes, I have heard the whole album on MP3 files...it was somewhat of a mixed impression. First, it just sounded like metal-core influenced Death Metal, but however, as you described, there is more to it. I was quite intrigued by the drummer too. Nice to hear a drummer that shows his skills in different ways, instead of just raping the double-bass constantly. However, it did seem to get repetitive at some points, and the strong death-influence did get a little too much at times, but a nice listen.

Rating: 6/10
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

FROM THE SHALLOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FROM THE SHALLOWS   FROM THE SHALLOWS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 1:02 pm

At least I can read the logo on this one. cool

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

FROM THE SHALLOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FROM THE SHALLOWS   FROM THE SHALLOWS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 1:15 pm

GET OUTTA HERE YOU!!! lol!
SCAT, GO HOME....BAD!!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

FROM THE SHALLOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FROM THE SHALLOWS   FROM THE SHALLOWS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 2:37 pm

This must be T-Roys band of the day thread day. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FROM THE SHALLOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FROM THE SHALLOWS   FROM THE SHALLOWS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FROM THE SHALLOWS
Page 1 of 1