Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New X-Sinner album nearing completion...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Empty
PostSubject: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:05 pm

I just got this e-mail from Rex Scott of X-Sinner (apparently I'm on their mailing list... who knew?) with an update on the new album, which has been in the works for quite a while now...

"As completion nears for X-Sinner's new album that was tentatively titled "Back In Red" a decision has been made to change the official release title to "A World Covered In Blood" to be released on Image Records. Guitarist Greg Bishop and singer Rex Scott who also produced the album, will wrap up the final mix of the all new 11 song project mid Jan '08."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 5:01 pm

I love this band. One of the better Christian metal bands in this style IMO.

I'll be getting this I think.

Thanks for the info!

🤘
Back to top Go down
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:51 pm

And the word is that it's going to include several of the cuts from the "Angry Einsteins" cd, with guitars and vocals added to "beef up the sound" like the band originally wanted. It will also include a few "live" tracks from that era, with some extra crowd noise dubbed in for more intensity!
Back to top Go down
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:38 pm

Obviously, I was joking.

But seriously, that's *exactly* what they did with "fire it up" and Zion's "Thrillseeker." Those were HUGE disappointments for me...
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:21 pm

I have always said that I like this band, and I think I do. But I never listen to 'em. I may check this one out, or I may not. Have to hear some samples...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 1:58 pm

"Get It" was one of the best Christian metal albums of the late 80s/early 90s.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:54 pm

blackieboy wrote:

"GET IT" was also the best AC/DC album that AC/DC never made. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

"GET IT" was also the best AC/DC album that AC/DC never made. 🤘

HAHAHAHAHA yeah - I hear that. I personally liked "Get It" more than AC/DC's stuff. I've never been a big AC/DC fan though. I don't 'dislike' em - they're just not one of my faves.

X-Sinner on the other hand really just had something that grabbed me for whatever reason. Lyrics aside, they made some great music. Plus I really liked their lyrics too.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 8:23 am

blackieboy wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA yeah - I hear that. I personally liked "Get It" more than AC/DC's stuff. I've never been a big AC/DC fan though. I don't 'dislike' em - they're just not one of my faves.

X-Sinner on the other hand really just had something that grabbed me for whatever reason. Lyrics aside, they made some great music. Plus I really liked their lyrics too.

🤘

GET IT was a total AC/DC steal, other than that last track "Livin' On The Edge" which was a total Def Leppard steal. The AC/DC comparisons were mostly due to the vocalist (Dave Robbins), who was a complete and total Brian Johnson clone on that first record. When they got Rex Scott in on the second album (PEACE TREATY) they weren't quite as clone-zone anymore.

Still, GET IT is one heckuva solid guitar record! Greg Bishop has got riffs a-plenty! That's what grabbed ME about them from the first time I heard'em.

I'm psyched to finally hear new music from them... it's been waaaaayyyy too long. 🤘

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm psyched to finally hear new music from them... it's been waaaaayyyy too long. 🤘

I tote agree! Apart from "Get It" and "Peace Treaty" they didn't release anything else did they? This will be their first album in almost 20 years!! lol!

I hope they can pull it off.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:39 pm

blackieboy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I tote agree! Apart from "Get It" and "Peace Treaty" they didn't release anything else did they? This will be their first album in almost 20 years!! lol!

I hope they can pull it off.

Well, they did release an odds and ends/leftovers/demos CD in 2001 called LOUD & PROUD that had a few "new" songs on it. Other than that the only new X-Sinner material has been under their side project name, "The Angry Einsteins," and that was more of a power pop band (i.e. Soul Asylum, Cheap Trick, etc.) ... it wasn't bad but a lotta people hated it.

Last year they released FIRE IT UP which was a re-recorded version of the PEACE TREATY album with one new song added (they had wanted to simply reissue PEACE TREATY but couldn't get the rights to it)

Last edited by on Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:51 pm

Thanks for the info! I'll have to track all that stuff down.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 8:37 am

blackieboy wrote:
Thanks for the info! I'll have to track all that stuff down.

🤘

Last time I checked, both FIRE IT UP and LOUD & PROUD were available @ CDBaby. I believe that the ANGRY EINSTEINS disc is out of print though. The current pressing of LOUD & PROUD has a few tracks from it tacked on as bonuses.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 12:02 pm

If you visit X-Sinner's web site ( http://www.x-sinner.org/ ), you can hear a rough pre-production demo of a new song called "Ready To Go"... it's not the best quality but the tune has definitely got the classic X-Sinner guitar sound... 🤘

Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 10:02 pm

Get It rocks - Dave's voice + Greg's guitars + Sound of AC/DC = Great album!!

I've gotta listen to that CD again.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 2:29 pm

Been awhile since there's been an update from the X-Sinner camp but this was recently posted in their MySpace blog...

Friday, August 08, 2008

THE NEW ALBUM GOES TO MANUFACTURING!!

THE NEW ALBUM IS FINALLY BEING MANUFACTURED AND WILL BE FOR SALE IN ABOUT A WEEK OR SO! STAY TUNED FOR DETAILED ANNOUNCEMENTS COMING YOUR WAY VERY SOON!

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:20 pm

I appreciate Rex's talent but X-Sinner was alot better before he showed up. They were just a lil ol ' band from a biker church in Orange county called Set Free Ministries.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:08 pm

James B. wrote:
I appreciate Rex's talent but X-Sinner was alot better before he showed up.

From what I've been able to gather, ole Rex pretty much IS X-Sinner nowadays. He's pretty much assembled a whole new band. Greg Bishop (guitarist) lives in Australia now (!) and apparently gave Rex his blessing to carry on the band with new players. Greg supposedly flew in to record bits for the album but any live guitar work will be done by ringers.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New X-Sinner album nearing completion...   New X-Sinner album nearing completion... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New X-Sinner album nearing completion...
Page 1 of 1