Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Generation - Book Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Metal Generation - Book Review Empty
PostSubject: Metal Generation - Book Review   Metal Generation - Book Review Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:31 pm

I recently got the book Metal Generation by Darryl J. Keck. Darryl was the guy behind the metal magazine Amplified Assault if anybody remembers that. It's a pretty cool book with tons of photos throughout from his collection. It's about his experiences with heavy metal from being a Kiss fan in the 70's, through the 80's and his magazine, up to the current day. Reading the book feels like your having a conversation with Darryl as a lot of it is done very stream of consciousness with him jumping from topic to topic. There is a bunch of really interesting stuff about the Arizona bands like Flotsam, Atrophy, Aftermath and Sacred Reich. He also has cool stuff about other bands like Metal Church in which he recalls a conversation with Kirk Arrington in which Kirk tells him that David Wayne got the boot because of his refusal to lose weight! First time I have heard that one.

He has some really cool insights into the reasons behind the collapse of Metal's popularity in the early 90's, many of which revolved around record industry politics.

I heartily recommend it and I have already ordered a bunch of bands discs after reading about them in his book.

Here is the link http://www.highvolumepress.com/

I think you can also get it on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Metal Generation - Book Review   Metal Generation - Book Review Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 11:42 am

Cool! I love reading books on metal. I might have to check this one out.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Metal Generation - Book Review   Metal Generation - Book Review Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 12:15 pm

Looks interesting. I ordered it.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Generation - Book Review   Metal Generation - Book Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Generation - Book Review
Page 1 of 1