Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions - Wind of Change

Go down 
+13
GrandNational
Shiney
DallasBlack
iamrockerfun
stepcousin
sovdat
Lurideath
mr.electric39
TheGooch
mc666
scottmitchell74
KissinMaiden
ultmetal
17 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Scorpions - Wind of Change Empty
PostSubject: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 12:46 pm

Yes, a ballad. I've always liked this song. While in Phoenix over the weekend I snagged a 45 single with Wind of Change (Russian Version) as the b-side. It's the same song with the lyrics sung in Russian. Pretty darned cool. Does anyone know what album this came off of or is it exclusive to the single? Was it a bonus track on some Russian addition or something? Any info is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 12:54 pm

I was showing this song to some friends, and they always say they have never heard the song or the band until the chorus kicks in. Then they go " ooooo i know this song".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 12:55 pm

I rememeber hearing about it. I believe the band recorded a Russian version and released it as a single only. There is some info in Wikipedia on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_of_Change
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 12:58 pm

according to this : http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=63207, there was a spanish version too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 1:00 pm

KissinMaiden wrote:
according to this : http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=63207, there was a spanish version too.
and an English version according to that site lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 1:09 pm

Sort of off subject...but it reminds me of my first listens to Sonata Arcticas Silence. Some of their ballads remind me so much of Scorpions. Anyone else notice this, or am I nuts!?!?!

Last edited by on Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 1:32 pm

Ah, the Lyrics of Change.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 1:37 pm

did they do a German version? Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 1:44 pm

mc666 wrote:
did they do a German version? Laughing very hard
lol! humble
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 6:55 am

i would like to hear that it is actually an awesome song but i admit i have gone off scorpions since i saw the original cover for virign killer
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 11:43 pm

Ult,

If memory serves correctly this version of 'Winds' was released in time for their first trip to the then crumbling Soviet Union. They played a huge festival, HUGE, in Moscow I believe. They met Gorbachev and were really treated as VIPs.

Trully one the greatest Rock/Metal songs written eh?.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 2:19 am

This is a great song, I agree! I have heard 2 versions... the spanish version and the english version.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 2:52 am

its a good song. although i only know the English version.

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 5:47 am

It was funny to see Scorps play a 3 hour show, with all ex and present members & not playing Wind of Change Smile
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 5:50 am

Its a good song but i gotta say I am really sick of it, I hear it everwhere I go, like stinkin' Walmart and even my doctors office played it over the Muzak.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 7:15 am

EU No.1 after breakin the steel wall. great clip.
radio overpalyed millions times and will be cos here they gonna play 16.6.07 on Artmedia Stadium, almost sold out show.
i like this song. not listening every day but .. is's classic. after Crazy Wrold they didn't release any succesfull album as this one was. pitty.
im glad, for concert in June here 1st time ever. probably biggest this year stadium show with support bands.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 4:40 pm

One of my favorite ballads of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 6:06 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
One of my favorite ballads of all time.

ditto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 6:25 pm

I was in Germany just after the wall came down. You could not escape this song anywhere! It was played. like, 24 hours a day on every station. So, the tune itself kind of turns me off, but the lyrical content and the memories attached to it are still pretty cool for me.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 6:35 pm

I loathe whistling in songs.....

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am

Shiney wrote:
I loathe whistling in songs.....

That's what gives the song its charm.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 8:30 am

Great tune. I saw the Scorps twice on the CRAZY WORLD tour and "Wind Of Change" was the highlight of the set both times!

I had been to the Berlin Wall in 1987, I have pictures of myself somewhere spray painting my name on it. It was kinda surreal to see it coming down on TV a few years later, usually accompanied by the song "Wind of Change" in the background.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by on Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 10:34 am

THIS IS TOO FUNNY, I always loved this song back in the day. Every time
I went somewhere where they had a jukebox (pizza places,
arcades....etc.) I would always look through the songs and BAM...Winds
of Change! I would throw my quarter in and.......SPANISH!!!! NO MATTER
WHERE I WENT IT WAS ALWAYS SPANISH!!! It was very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 10:46 am

I love the Scorps, but I must say that Winds of Change never thrilled
me, even before it was driven into the ground. For a good Scorps
ballad, give me Still Loving You or Lady Starlight or even Maybe I,
Maybe You.

Winds of Change wouldn't make the top ten for Scorps ballads, in my book.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:00 pm

T-Roy wrote:
THIS IS TOO FUNNY, I always loved this song back in the day. Every time
I went somewhere where they had a jukebox (pizza places,
arcades....etc.) I would always look through the songs and BAM...Winds
of Change! I would throw my quarter in and.......SPANISH!!!! NO MATTER
WHERE I WENT IT WAS ALWAYS SPANISH!!! It was very frustrating.

Yes, the song was done in spanish too. The last time i saw the SCORPIONS in Spain they played that song, IN SPANISH:lol!:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Wind of Change   Scorpions - Wind of Change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions - Wind of Change
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: