Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It Happens In 3s

Go down 
+2
TheGooch
DallasBlack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

It Happens In 3s Empty
PostSubject: It Happens In 3s   It Happens In 3s Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:32 am

Many of us know the saying that bad things happen in 3s. However, most of us like me always think it as superstitious. However I am now thoroughly convinced that it is true. Yesterday was a shining example of it. First thing, after putting a playlist onto my MP3 player the list showed one song and a bunch of "list empty" so I figured my player wouldn't play so at work I had to lug some CDs in a backpack and listen to it on a boom box. Second thing, corporate made a suprise inspection on me and heard the music and chewed out my boss who then chewed me out and forbade me to listen to music at work. I jokingly said to myself, "You know what they say, it always comes in 3's so something bad is going to happen." Well I had a relativley easy day (except trying to ignore the annoying Christmas music that repeated itself every half hour to an hour on a 10 hour shift) so I forgot all about it.

Around 8p.m. a customer comes in and buys a bunch of snacks and hands me a gift card he wants to load for $250. I figured he is trying to scam us but I assumed the loading would be cancelled If I voided the transaction (thats what every other gift card place does). He tells me he forgot his wallet and went outside into his SUV and drove off. I voided the transaction but realized the receipt said nothing about a cancellation and when I looke at the gift card it was not the same one that was loaded (he pulled as switch on me, those con men are slick) and I realized that despite my instinct, I fell for a trap. Management chewed my ass off about it making me humiliated even more than I already was (they couldn't figure out a way to cancel the gift card because the receipt only displayed the last four digits of the card). After it was over I realized, that that was the third thing! I had forgotten about it comming in 3s and got hit like a sledge hammer.
angry

So believe me, when they say "it comes in 3s" they're not just whistling dixie.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

It Happens In 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Happens In 3s   It Happens In 3s Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:48 am

dude thats unlucky
Back to top Go down

It Happens In 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Happens In 3s   It Happens In 3s Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:23 am

One of my favorite songs says "Coming up 3's boys, comin up 3's"

From what I have read and correct me if I'm wrong but the idea of 3's came from the old days when they thought if someone fell overboard if they went under 3 times on the third time they would drown.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

It Happens In 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Happens In 3s   It Happens In 3s Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:31 am

SHEESH, I feel for you brother!
Back to top Go down

It Happens In 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Happens In 3s   It Happens In 3s Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:34 am

I crapped three times yesterday. I think that counts.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

It Happens In 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Happens In 3s   It Happens In 3s Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:06 am

spectrefate wrote:

So now you believe us when we say you're full of it?
Back to top Go down

It Happens In 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Happens In 3s   It Happens In 3s Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:27 am

I do. I do. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

It Happens In 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Happens In 3s   It Happens In 3s Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:56 am

thrasher73 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

So now you believe us when we say you're full of it?

laughing
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

It Happens In 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Happens In 3s   It Happens In 3s Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 12:01 am

It turns out by cancelling the transaction I DID void the card. Good thing too because they were going to fire me because of it. Praise the Lord above that I was spared because it took my over three months of putting out aplications before I got this second p/t job and I can't afford to wait another 3.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

It Happens In 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Happens In 3s   It Happens In 3s Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 12:44 am

Its gonna happen 2 more times, and youll fall for it. and then youll get fired THREE times.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

It Happens In 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Happens In 3s   It Happens In 3s Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 7:40 am

DallasBlack wrote:
It turns out by cancelling the transaction I DID void the card. Good thing too because they were going to fire me because of it. Praise the Lord above that I was spared because it took my over three months of putting out aplications before I got this second p/t job and I can't afford to wait another 3.

When someone wants to refill a gift card I ALWAYS keep it until they pay me.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

It Happens In 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Happens In 3s   It Happens In 3s Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 10:06 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Almost every place I've worked at when a gift card is loaded it is not finalized until the transaction is complete. I thought that if I cancelled the transaction then the card would be useless (luckily in this case I was right). I got overconfident in my knowledge of retail practices (over 8 years experience) that I didn't even stop to think whether Albertsons had the same kind of failsafe other places had (the technology at this Alberstons, in the fuel center at least, is from the mid-90s and is obviously obsolete). My instinct from 8 years of retail saved me from almost certain termination and I thank God for that.

They had the right to fire me but it still would have been BS. They could have taken it out of my pay, suspended me for a week or two, something besides fire me. No one should be fired from their first screw up (especially for $250, a drop in the hat for Albertsons). It's not like I embezzled money from the company, or that I was in on the scam, or I did it deliberatly to sabotage the company, if I did those things I'd understand a termination. As soon as I can I will leave Albertsons (when I get a good job to sustain me). I do not want to work for a place that will sell me up the river over one incident, the boss never told me he was going to fire me, he told my supervisor who then told me what they were going to do. They were going to have me work one more day before they informed me of my termination (because they had no one else to work the shift, not out of kindness). I hate to do that to my supervisor because he feels that I am his best employee, but the boss has pissed me off too many times for me to stay much longer.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

It Happens In 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Happens In 3s   It Happens In 3s Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 10:28 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Almost every place I've worked at when a gift card is loaded it is not finalized until the transaction is complete. I thought that if I cancelled the transaction then the card would be useless (luckily in this case I was right). I got overconfident in my knowledge of retail practices (over 8 years experience) that I didn't even stop to think whether Albertsons had the same kind of failsafe other places had (the technology at this Alberstons, in the fuel center at least, is from the mid-90s and is obviously obsolete). My instinct from 8 years of retail saved me from almost certain termination and I thank God for that.

They had the right to fire me but it still would have been BS. They could have taken it out of my pay, suspended me for a week or two, something besides fire me. No one should be fired from their first screw up (especially for $250, a drop in the hat for Albertsons). It's not like I embezzled money from the company, or that I was in on the scam, or I did it deliberatly to sabotage the company, if I did those things I'd understand a termination. As soon as I can I will leave Albertsons (when I get a good job to sustain me). I do not want to work for a place that will sell me up the river over one incident, the boss never told me he was going to fire me, he told my supervisor who then told me what they were going to do. They were going to have me work one more day before they informed me of my termination (because they had no one else to work the shift, not out of kindness). I hate to do that to my supervisor because he feels that I am his best employee, but the boss has pissed me off too many times for me to stay much longer.

I'd do the same thing, thats a ridiculous amout of disrespect.

I work for Kum And Go, and its pretty similar.... our registers and everything are pretty modern, but we need to put in self flushing toilets because its apparently too hard for some people to flush the toilet by themselves Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It Happens In 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Happens In 3s   It Happens In 3s Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It Happens In 3s
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: