Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once again...

Go down 
+5
GrandNational
EvyMetal
mc666
Temple of Blood
Required Fields
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Once again... Empty
PostSubject: Once again...   Once again... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:46 pm

...the media degrades metal.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2007/12/matthew_murrays_nightmare_of_c.php

I don't even like Cradle of Filth, but this is not fair. I read what Dez Fafara of DevilDriver said about it as well, I agree with him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Once again... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once again...   Once again... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:51 pm

But that is what a lot of extreme metal bands glorify/promote.
Back to top Go down

Once again... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once again...   Once again... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:53 pm

This has been happening for 30 years now and it will continue to happen. If the members of Cradle Of Filth were all black you wouldn't be reading that story, and I find that to be far worse.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Once again... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once again...   Once again... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 12:33 am

i don't think it has anything to do with someones race. not sure what that has to do with anything. whatever though... i pay no attention to the media.

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Once again... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once again...   Once again... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 1:57 am

yeah well cradle of filth sucks anyways.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Once again... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once again...   Once again... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 2:51 am

EvyMetal wrote:
yeah well cradle of filth sucks anyways.

I second that.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Once again... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once again...   Once again... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 4:29 am

I feel bad for all affected of course, but it really have striken me to read his parents thought Simpsons are ultimate evil and cut out all TV channels and used the TV for inspirational videos only... I'm sorry but those arent normal people in my opinion, and should be held responsible for their troubled kid delusional and antisocial behaviour.

You detach your kid from the world, no TV, not let it go to school, no social contacts whatsoever, and then when he grows up and goes out he just cannot take it.

We have similar kid on another forum - he is 16yo, has been cut off school 4-5 years ago living home with his parents only, and he has some very sad homophobic problems he cannot cope with... You can see how his world crumbles down every time someone tries explaining to him how fundamentally wrong the beliefs his father taught him are.

I think parents which lock their kids prisoners at home should be held very responsible for all future consequences their kids suffer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Once again... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once again...   Once again... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:52 am

they did not slag off cradle of filth they just sayed going to see them was against his upbringing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Once again... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once again...   Once again... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:39 am

They don't seem to be linking Cradle of Filth to this nut job's shooting spree except for the fact that he went to their show. The rest of the article's got nothing to do with it.

Sounds to me like his parents did a pretty good job of raising this guy in a tightly-closed box, and then when he grew up a little bit and was old enough to look OUTSIDE that box, he couldn't handle what he saw, therefore he snapped.

Sucks for everybody involved.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Once again... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once again...   Once again... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:51 am

I think that any kid that is emotionally unstable is going to remain emotionally unstable despite all environmental factors. That this turd enjoyed Cradle of Filth is just a media side note. His issues with his parents, whether they were warranted or not, do not make a difference. You don't kill people. Period. You suck it up and try to be better parents to your kids. I hope this murderer enjoys his eternal choice. (BTW, I don't think they play Cradle of Filth in hell, rather William Shatner records)
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Once again... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once again...   Once again... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:04 am

Feels to me, like their may have been some serious abuse in his childhood. You don't get on Prozac as an adult and develop deep hatred and depression...because you weren't aloud to watch the Simpson’s or had to listen to Michael W Smith as a child. Well, perhaps the latter.

There’s a good verse in the bible that I sometimes forget about and run across every now and then, that causes me to think real hard.

Eph 6:4 And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.

I don’t condone that music for sure, but anytime the forest is hot and dry and a spark is introduced, you’ve got a wild fire on your hands. That’s not the bands doing. Perhaps it may have fed his hatred and anger…but that was already there.

Last edited by on Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Once again... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once again...   Once again... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 12:01 pm

yeah they cant blame cradle of filth for it all despite how much of an idiot dani filth is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Once again... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once again...   Once again... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Once again...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: