Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heavens Metal review of the reissues...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Heavens Metal review of the reissues... Empty
PostSubject: Heavens Metal review of the reissues...   Heavens Metal review of the reissues... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:21 am

Ultimatum
Symphonic Extremities & the Mechanics of Perilous Times
[Retroactive]
If Udo Dirkschneider and Dave Mustaine "mixed it up" with Overkill and
Anthrax in a mosh pit beneath the bloody cross of Christ, I have no
doubt that the end result would sound something like Ultimatum! If that
description doesn't quicken your pulse, then you may want to steer
clear of these lavishly remastered/repackaged re-releases--replete with
bonus demo and live tracks. Scott Waters' "extreme" vocal gyrations are
noteworthy on the debut's more varied mix of metal, but the "fast
times" of Mechanics hard-hitting thrash are more "perilous". If, after all that, you are still dead, check out the live track at the end of Symphonic where "Blink" transforms into Maiden's "Wrathchild". Better grab these before they are "gone (blink)...vanished in thin air".

Jonathan Swank

Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: Heavens Metal review of the reissues...   Heavens Metal review of the reissues... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 1:15 pm

Coolio! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnlounge.com/desertriomedia
HarmonicSqueal
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Heavens Metal review of the reissues...   Heavens Metal review of the reissues... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 10:38 am

🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/harmonicsqueal
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Heavens Metal review of the reissues...   Heavens Metal review of the reissues... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 12:02 pm

i just bought these last weekend. so i guess i own all of them now right? along with Puppet & Pit? or are there more?

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Heavens Metal review of the reissues...   Heavens Metal review of the reissues... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:19 pm

Symphonic Extremities 1995
Puppet of Destruction 1997
Mechanics of Perilous Times 2000
...'til the End! 2006
Into the Pit 2007

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Heavens Metal review of the reissues...   Heavens Metal review of the reissues... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:28 pm

ok, then i don't have your 2006 album then.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Heavens Metal review of the reissues...   Heavens Metal review of the reissues... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:38 pm

It's an EP, Six songs...four songs that ended up being re-recorded for "Into the Pit", a Testament cover, and a live version of "Blink".

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Heavens Metal review of the reissues...   Heavens Metal review of the reissues... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:54 pm

ok, i guess i'll skip that one then. i'll probably just look for the Testament cover on soulseek.

so far the only one i really enjoy is the newest one. you really came through on the vox. has anyone made references to Steve Reynolds of Demolition Hammer? because you actually sound similar on much of it. i ever hear a little Sabina Claussen in there when you kind of bark. maybe that's just me Very Happy

although the Wrathchild cover should have been made the last track. it's a good cover, but it interrupts the flow of the original material.

Last edited by on Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Heavens Metal review of the reissues...   Heavens Metal review of the reissues... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:34 pm

mc666 wrote:
ok, i guess i'll skip that one then. i'll probably just look for the Aerosmith cover on soulseek.

so far the only one i really enjoy is the newest one. you really came through on the vox. has anyone made references to Steve Reynolds of Demolition Hammer? because you actually sound similar on much of it. i ever hear a little Sabina Claussen in there when you kind of bark. maybe that's just me Very Happy

although the Wrathchild cover should have been made the last track. it's a good cover, but it interrupts the flow of the original material.

Glad you like the new one.

I can email you an MP3 of the Testament cover if you'd like. Just PM me your email address.

No, haven't had any Demolition Hammer comparisons yet.

I can see what you mean on Wrathchild. When coming up with the track order, it just seemed to flow naturally from "Heart of Metal" for us.

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Heavens Metal review of the reissues...   Heavens Metal review of the reissues... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:13 am

it somehow switched magicly from Aerosmith to Testament lol! ... but thanks. great cover. i like it better than the Maiden one.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Heavens Metal review of the reissues...   Heavens Metal review of the reissues... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:11 am

Thanks. Glad you like it. We re-arranged the song a bit from the original. It was actually recorded in 1999, but wasn't put on an Ultimatum CD until 2006. We originally recorded it for a Dwell Records tribute.

PostSubject: Re: Heavens Metal review of the reissues...   Heavens Metal review of the reissues... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heavens Metal review of the reissues...
Page 1 of 1