Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dr Know

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Dr Know Empty
PostSubject: Dr Know   Dr Know Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:30 pm

Anyone like these guys?

They started out as hardcore punk and for their final album, "Wreckage in Flesh" went all-out thrash metal. Completely crushing, kick ass stuff here.

If ya haven't heard em, they're a must.... (their '86 album "This Island Earth" also contains some excellent and catchy near thrash-tinged hardcore punk.)
Back to top Go down

Dr Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Know   Dr Know Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:03 pm

Yeah, good stuff. The singer, Brandon Cruz, was the Eddie on "The Courtship of Eddie's Father", which was a sit-com in the 70's. Thier cds are kinda hard to come by.

But, for me, "Dr. Know" will always be known as the guitarist for one of the all-time legendary bands, Bad Brains.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Dr Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Know   Dr Know Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 12:37 am

I read a little blurb about them in a metal mag back inthe day and tried for YEARS to get the local record store to get This Island Earth in on a special order. They never could find them for me. Sad
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Dr Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Know   Dr Know Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 3:36 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Yeah, good stuff. The singer, Brandon Cruz, was the Eddie on "The Courtship of Eddie's Father", which was a sit-com in the 70's. Thier cds are kinda hard to come by.

But, for me, "Dr. Know" will always be known as the guitarist for one of the all-time legendary bands, Bad Brains.

I thought before reading the thread that it was about the Bad Brains guitarist myself.
Back to top Go down

Dr Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Know   Dr Know Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 6:18 pm

Dr. Know is good stuff but not really easy to find (at least not when I've looked).

Is Brandon Cruz still fronting the Dead Kennedys? I know he was for awhile but everywhere they went people were throwing jello at them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dr Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Know   Dr Know Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr Know
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: