Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is the way it should be done

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

This is the way it should be done Empty
PostSubject: This is the way it should be done   This is the way it should be done Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 7:06 am

We have all discussed heavily on the video of Phil Anselmo bashing a kid, because he threw a bottle at him. Here's one at a Disturbed gig, similar incident, but David Draiman does it in a much more effective and mature manner (except for several use of the infamous 'F' word). This is not a topic in which you shall give your opinion on the band itself. I like a couple of songs, especially the ones with a solo. Anyway. It's only the start, the rest is a performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAWHb4n2MxA&feature=related
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is the way it should be done   This is the way it should be done Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 1:43 pm

Right! That's mature, tell the entire crowd to beat down the person that throws something. Is your hatred for Phil Anselmo that great? Because it's made you delusional.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: This is the way it should be done   This is the way it should be done Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 3:35 pm

I hate this band a LOT, but I will say I liked that display on stage. Now all these fans should put the horns down because this isn't metal!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is the way it should be done   This is the way it should be done Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:22 pm

I really like Disturbed anyway. As far as nu metal goes ... these guys are one of (if not) the best.

That said - Dave Draiman did a fantastic job here of controlling things. Much better than Phil did at that other gig IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is the way it should be done   This is the way it should be done Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:33 pm

How did he do a better job? Phil humiliated the kid and likely had him removed from the venue, which, hopefully, taught the kid a lesson. Draiman potentially signs someone's death warrant.

Say some drunken fool that wasn't paying attention throws something. What happens when a hundred fans started beating the kid? You think that's mature and fantastic? I think what he did was ridiculously irresponsible, given the nature of fanaticism and unruly crowds. There are hundreds of kids—and sadly many adults—at this kind of show that "mosh" and intentionally go out of their way to hurt people. You think these clowns would have enough sense to not hurt someone that the lead singer of a band encouraged them to hurt?

Phil may have spoken like a retard, but he handled the situation far better.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: This is the way it should be done   This is the way it should be done Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 6:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
How did he do a better job? Phil humiliated the kid and likely had him removed from the venue, which, hopefully, taught the kid a lesson. Draiman potentially signs someone's death warrant.

Say some drunken fool that wasn't paying attention throws something. What happens when a hundred fans started beating the kid? You think that's mature and fantastic? I think what he did was ridiculously irresponsible, given the nature of fanaticism and unruly crowds. There are hundreds of kids—and sadly many adults—at this kind of show that "mosh" and intentionally go out of their way to hurt people. You think these clowns would have enough sense to not hurt someone that the lead singer of a band encouraged them to hurt?

Nobody knew who threw the shoe, except for the person who did it. And it's not like he told them to go and totally destroy the next person who did it. Sheesh, listen to the way he says it.

- And as far as the debate on Disturbed goes, no, it is not Metal, but certainly much better than anything else labled "Nu-Metal". I like a coupls of songs, their songs on the "Believer" album are way different than the other two. As Scott said, they avoid all the trappings of other "nu" bands, for example, the terrible Rap-Metal hybrid. And at least they are not afraid to add a stinkin' solo. Maybe not the best in the world, but it works.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: This is the way it should be done   This is the way it should be done Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 6:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:

- And another thing, Eyesore - Why do you keep focusing on ONE point in these video's? That was just on sentence of what he said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is the way it should be done   This is the way it should be done Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 6:32 pm

I was at a concert years ago and the band was straightedge. You could smoke in this club. The lead singer said something to the effect of, "If you believe in the code, put out those cigarettes with blood!" And I literally watched as these fans, that far outnumbered the smokers, beat down those that were smoking. I watched a guy punch a girl right in the face. Now, this is when the straightedge scene was getting bad, but it still applies to what I'm saying.

A St. Louis DJ once talked trash about the Insane Clown Posse on air. ICP made mention that the guy deserved a beatdown. A few days later a group of ICP fans (i.e. "Juggalos") busted into the studio, ransacked it, and beat the crap out of the DJ.

Some people claim Phil Anselmo's comments about Dimebag deserving to die (or whatever it was that he'd said) played a role in coaxing that guy to kill Dimebag. Whether that is true or not will never be known, but it's far from unthinkable.

People with a microphone have far more power than you're acknowledging. Did Draiman ever say, "Okay, don't beat anyone down that throws something; I was kidding..."?
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: This is the way it should be done   This is the way it should be done Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 6:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I was at a concert years ago and the band was straightedge. You could smoke in this club. The lead singer said something to the effect of, "If you believe in the code, put out those cigarettes with blood!" And I literally watched as these fans, that far outnumbered the smokers, beat down those that were smoking. I watched a guy punch a girl right in the face. Now, this is when the straightedge scene was getting bad, but it still applies to what I'm saying.

A St. Louis DJ once talked trash about the Insane Clown Posse on air. ICP made mention that the guy deserved a beatdown. A few days later a group of ICP fans (i.e. "Juggalos") busted into the studio, ransacked it, and beat the crap out of the DJ.

Some people claim Phil Anselmo's comments about Dimebag deserving to die (or whatever it was that he'd said) played a role in coaxing that guy to kill Dimebag. Whether that is true or not will never be known, but it's far from unthinkable.

People with a microphone have far more power than you're acknowledging. Did Draiman ever say, "Okay, don't beat anyone down that throws something; I was kidding..."?

- You said yourself, that you would have beat that kid up, if he had thrown a bottle at you (the Phil thread) ...now...it varies from how mature the audience is. They can either get the real meaning behind what he said, or actually go and litterally beat that guy up. Now, I may be going against my own statement, but a Disturbed crowd is probobly filled with Hot-Topic kids, who would do anything to please their "king"...but I think Draiman was just trying to say, that he ain't plyaing, if he has stuf trown at him all the time - And that the crowd should help prevent it, but not litterally beating people up who does it - You make a very good point, but you must be a little fair to Draiman, I don't think he thought about how much affect that sentence would have. He just assumes that the audience are mature enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is the way it should be done   This is the way it should be done Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:08 pm

Hey, I'm not accusing Draiman here. If someone threw something at me, I'd kick the crap out of them! Haha. So I'm not saying I'd feel bad for someone if the crowd turned around and pummeled them. I'm simply saying that what Draiman did was far more irresponsible and childish than what Anselmo did. Whether or not I agree with his tactic isn't in question. I wouldn't care, to be honest. You throw stuff, you pay the price. Encouraging that sort of thing, though, is irresponsible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is the way it should be done   This is the way it should be done Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm

Just dont throw smurf poo on stage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is the way it should be done   This is the way it should be done Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 11:05 pm

I love the old unity of my mid-80's scene. But to be honest, When the skins decided to start showing up at Metal Church shows, there was only one way to show them that they were not welcome to start all thier typical crap. Besides, there was nothing more enjoyable than standing back along the fringe of the pit and watching a baldie and a skin go toe to toe during "Gods of Wrath". I am guilty of more gang throw-downs on those d-bags, than I would like to remember. Other than my utter contempt toward the neo-nazi's, I am a total pacifist and wouldn't condone anything but "friendly violence" at any show.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: This is the way it should be done   This is the way it should be done Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 11:07 pm

Good Friendly Violent Fun for Everyone 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is the way it should be done   This is the way it should be done Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is the way it should be done
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: