Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what do you think?

Go down 
+7
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
Tall Tyrion
DallasBlack
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
mc666
11 posters
AuthorMessage

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:38 pm

watch the entire thing, and give me some thoughts on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RV46fsmx6E
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:46 pm

seen this before... i'll stay out of the biblical debates. i leave stuff like that to my wife. she enjoys it.

on a side note... Penn & Teller are annoying.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:49 pm

I've seen it before too... and like mc666, I ain't touchin that debate with a ten foot pole.

By the way, that's a hell of a thing to put up as your first post.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Belief is meant to be belief.

Just like my friends above, I stay out of debate too.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 9:17 pm

Not to get into religous debate (it accomplishes nothing and causes tempers to flare) but there are a large amount of historians and scientists that would argue with those who made that video. Everytime someone has "revealed" Bible fallacy, some time later someone else finds evedince to debunk it. It does boil down to faith, but many parts of the Bible have been found to be historicaly accurate.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 10:45 pm

Remember when scholars claimed that the Hittites never existed because they were only referred to in the Bible and nowhere else?

Then archaologists uncovered the ruins of Hittite society..... Oops. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 11:18 am

I like Penn & Teller, but sometimes with their show "Bullsh*t", they come off as too smart for their own good. I enjoy when they point out hyprocracies and fallacies about mainstream beliefs and customs. Much like Michael Moore's films, I think it's fine that they encourage people to ask questions and maybe think of things differently and not accept things blindly. Both P&T and Moore are very heavy-handed and biased with their opinions as well. They are certainly pushing their own agenda so it's hard for me to take them too seriously. But I do find it entertaining.
Back to top Go down

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Not to get into religous debate (it accomplishes nothing and causes tempers to flare) but there are a large amount of historians and scientists that would argue with those who made that video. Everytime someone has "revealed" Bible fallacy, some time later someone else finds evedince to debunk it. It does boil down to faith, but many parts of the Bible have been found to be historicaly accurate.

I agree 100%. They even found Noah's Ark.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 11:20 pm

I think you are trolling.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:47 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
I think you are trolling.

I think so too. Notice it's his one and only post?

Delete, ignore, destroy. angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:57 am

Sleep
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:37 am

Yeah, a Troll....trying to incite a riot....
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:49 am

If your going to bait the hook and set the trap, at least grow some balls and leave your thoughts.
Back to top Go down

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 5:42 pm

Eh
Back to top Go down

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 6:34 pm

Yeh that is pretty bold for a first post, I would say we have a troll on our hands.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:25 pm

firestar wrote:
Yeh that is pretty bold for a first post, I would say we have a troll on our hands.

If he's a troll, he's not a very good one. He should've been back here at least a dozen times trying to egg us on by now.

Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:05 pm

You know, I pretty much agree... but if you're making a point don't use terms like bullsh-it and say everything in a arrogant condesending tone.

Although I actually think the Old Testament Bible is for the most part true, I just don't take it literally. Try reading Shakespare literally, it doesn't make sense.

Also, I might be wrong about this, but after Jesus was crucified and the New Testament was written, wasen't it intended to take the place of the Old Testament for what you should follow?

Thats what I think anyway, everyone else in the world will have a different opinion i'm sure.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:17 pm

I basically agree with pretty much everything in that video (except for all that bullshit part)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what do you think?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: