Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Empty
PostSubject: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 7:57 pm

i can't get enough of this cd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cool
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:25 pm

Haha! This was the poorest AAARRG seller by far. When I told Ralf Hubert I want to re-release it he was so amused he alsmot laughed his aerse off at me Very Happy

Anyhow, if you like it you may check bands like Intruder, Have Mercy, Visitor, Target. All of those are not really similar to Last Descendants, but closest from ones on top on my head right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:29 pm

I wouldn't dare to call them similar to Last Descendants, but if you
enjoy LD, you might enjoy this album as well: Carbide - Spiral
Termination.

Stormspell: So perhaps Ralf has a bunch of unsold Last Descendants CD
at home?? Smile Smile BTW, how about rerelasing (or, finally releasing it on
a CD) Renegade - Total Armageddon???
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:37 pm

I dont know what Ralf has at home. I doubt he had any copies left, else I'm positive he would have offered them to me.

I drooled after TARGET, but this he will re-release on AAARRG soon himself.

I'm not familiar with this Reneagade, any good?
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:43 pm

Hmm, I'd say the best album from Australia! There's also a review on
metalpage.de and album was also posted in Corroseum's Poisonoise (don't
know, if it's still active).
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:45 pm

+ Corroseum review: http://www.thecorroseum.com/rev/renegade.htm
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:51 pm

keep them comparisons coming fellas please

i'm gonna order carbide thanks heaps SOVDAT!!!!!!!

by the way how many last descendants were sold you think STORMSPELL?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 9:04 pm

It would be nice to see the Maniac and a couple Flames albums properly and officially re-issued, as well. Is Unisound legit? I have always wondered about that, trusting nothing from Greek labels.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 9:10 pm

I believe that nearly all Unisound releases are legit from one point of view and not legit from another.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 9:10 pm

I don't trust unisound either

was rampage ever released on cd?
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 9:13 pm

Vordul wrote:
by the way how many last descendants were sold you think STORMSPELL?

I have no idea. I remember Ralf saying in an interview that Holy Moses were going towards 10,000 when they moved to a bigger label - and HM were a big hitter at that time, so my wild guess on Last Descendants would be under 3000?
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 9:25 pm

If I remember correctly both MANIAC's were booted 2-on-1 by a Russian bootleg label called SAMS (Speed Attack Metal Series) and still surface time to time on eGay and the other usual bootleg-friendly places. Flames are still obtainable too, legit or not...
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 9:34 pm

sovdat wrote:
I believe that nearly all Unisound releases are legit from one point of view and not legit from another.

The guy simply licensed bunch of albums and then kept re-pressing and changing covers, so no one knows how many pressingsand what total of copies were made.

I was selling EQUIMANTHORN CD on eBay 4-5 years ago and ended up with a band member winning it (Equitant or Proscriptor, forgot, doh!...). The dude simply told me he never saw this particular pressing - Panos simply kept re-rpessing it with random coverartworks of his own choice and never bothered sending even a single copy to the musicians, not to mention statements or payments... Smile
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 9:42 pm

what i would do for a timemachine back to the 80's and an unused credit card lmao
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 9:57 pm

Vordul wrote:
what i would do for a timemachine back to the 80's and an unused credit card lmao

I'll go back to 1982, step out of the time-machine and blast it into pieces!

Then I'll go and replace Musataine in Metallica. It will be no brainer for them to pick me up coz I'll know all their songs Laughing

There's only one condition... I want my youth back too!...
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:49 am

How does the re-release sound compare to the original press? Is it a much bigger difference?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS   RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED FOR BANDS LIKE LAST DESCENDANTS
Page 1 of 1