Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen

Go down 
+13
nevermore
exact33
kethdredd
GrandNational
stormspell
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
Wargod
ensiferum2k
Olafsto
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 9:54 pm

Den needs an assistant, most likely. He moved to Peabody. That's not too far away. I'll work for him for a discount! Haha.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 10:10 pm

Yes, he is still trying to sell his old house in Hopatcong. The bloody thing needed some serious remodeling and was still not finished last time I spoke to him several days ago. On top on that the insurance is through the roof coz the house is unnocuppied, and this is placing huge financial burden on his back I guess.

So if you guys are wondering why he has been so slow these days, it is most probably because he is traveling constantly between Hopatcong and Peabody. Just give him some time, he will be back on track soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 4:50 am

My favorite website for ordering CDs is radrockers.com, which specializes in Christian rock and metal. It's even got several Ultimatum albums, with nice reviews that as far as I can tell are original. It's another of those outfits that's run by one guy, Michael Delaney, who's in it more for the passion and less for the cash, and I've had satisfactory dealings with his customer service since 2003.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 9:31 am

The end has gone downhill in terms of stuff in stock but as for prices since a lot of the stuff are imports and the US Dollar is at a low the prices to get stuff is a lot higher. I dont like their policy on out of stock stuff but since lots and lots is out of stock I generally only order stuff that is - and thats not too much anymore. I do think the end rocks for domestic releases like stuff from retroactive. radrockers charges $15 + shipping while the end has it for $12.49 including shipping most of the time. Thats at least a $4 swing and real money to me...

I love sentinel steel. Denis has a great thing going. I do think he could update more often and get some of the newer releases in sooner. Its a matter of cash on hand/credit to purchase the cds but I think having stuff available while its new and people are anxious to get it would help a lot. those things being said Denis is where I go first.

I order from CM as well sometimes. They seem to have rekindled their ability to send cds out within a reasonable timeframe and their prices are good. They dont stock a lot of what i listen to but when they do they are competitive.

The Lasers Edge is a new experience for me and I have had nothing but a great experience thus far. Ken has a great selection of stuff no one else does and he is very honest about his opinions. He too can be a little pricey on items so you need to know when to shop around. I have my eye on 2 black bonzo discs that hopefully before the end of the year will be mine Smile

Alex

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 9:34 pm

I still find things I want from The End. I don't order from them as much as I used to but I still don't have any complaints about their service.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:07 pm

Deadly Ramon wrote:
My favorite website for ordering CDs is radrockers.com, which specializes in Christian rock and metal. It's even got several Ultimatum albums, with nice reviews that as far as I can tell are original. It's another of those outfits that's run by one guy, Michael Delaney, who's in it more for the passion and less for the cash, and I've had satisfactory dealings with his customer service since 2003.

Radrockers has the good stuff, that's for sure. Although their $25 "minimum order" policy gets in the way for me sometimes.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 5:55 pm

I personally never bought anything from The END Records but over the last couple of months they have been selling my bands cd and rather well I might add. They buy 15 cds at a time and everytime they sell out they order more. They recently have bought another 15 from us for the 3rd time now. So I cant really complain about them they are doing good for me.
Heres the link to it http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl/it.A/id.17241/.f
We also have our stuff on CD BABY but we have sold a lot more on The End.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 6:54 pm

I use The End quite a bit. I like their selection, and I like that their prices include shipping. I don't buy exclusively from them, but I do like them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:13 pm

Open Grave Records is having a $5 cd sale for this week only if anyone is interested...

http://www.opengraveshop.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Open Grave Records is having a $5 cd sale for this week only if anyone is interested...

http://www.opengraveshop.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_6
Haha. I just got finished looking through all those. I've picked 9 albums I'll buy on Friday. Terrible. Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 7:40 pm

you people are evil!!! :kickbutt: I need to stop coming here so i dont get info to get cds that i am looking for!!

Alex

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 7:53 pm

Thanks for the tip! What a sale! And, I got to read these phrases "Hot Buttered Anal" and "Hymen Of Darkness"!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:05 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Thanks for the tip! What a sale! And, I got to read these phrases "Hot Buttered Anal" and "Hymen Of Darkness"!!!!
Don't forget to snag that Cuntworm album. $5 is a steal! lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 9:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Don't forget to snag that Cuntworm album. $5 is a steal! lol!

i bought 20 copies!!

Alex

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 11:00 pm

Dont forget about Clitpeeler.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 5:15 pm

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fsb/fsb_archive/2007/03/01/8402016/index.htm?postversion=2007032109
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 5:51 pm

Yeah, I remember reading that story when it came out. I also remember thinking, "Andreas is an indie fag?" Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 6:34 pm

I think the music distributors have to be very careful - digital delivery is not for everyone and many people, myself included, still prefer to buy cds. I like having the disc and art. I think the digital music is cold and sterile. Kids in high school may prefer digital but who actually buys the music?

I dont know all the particulars on the situation at the End but from visiting their website frequently there is not a lot that I want from there. They carry so much stuff that is not interesting. Before they used to have all the majors at good prices and some smaller label stuff. Now its bands I have never heard of and the majors are priced to cover the risk with the smaller bands. I think they need to get back to do what the article mentioned - being a reliable distro with good stuff at good prices.

Alex

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:49 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fsb/fsb_archive/2007/03/01/8402016/index.htm?postversion=2007032109

That was an interesting article. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen   The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The End Records...How Far The Great Has Fallen
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2