Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Empty
PostSubject: Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)   Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:03 pm

🤘

Quote :
MVD has set a February 19, 2008 release date for the "Busted Circuits and Ringing Ears" DVD from Seattle "grunge" pioneers TAD. According to a press release, the disc contains archival footage spanning the band's entire career, from the club days to the arenas. The documentary also utilizes insightful interviews from some of Seattle's most respected musicians including Krist Novoselic (NIRVANA), Chad Channing (NIRVANA), Kim Thayil (SOUNDGARDEN), Mark Arm (MUDHONEY), Mark Felchtone (ZEKE), and many others.

The audience will be taken on a musical journey from the highest of the highs, to the bands all time lows. It's truly a frustrating story of the band's repeated bad luck juxtaposed with a close-up look at their influential musical approach. As Charles Cross (author/writer) states in the movie, this is a story of, "What could have been as opposed to what was."

Commented TAD bassist Kurt Danielson: "TAD took the idea of playing live very seriously; it was a life or death matter. This DVD not only stands as testimony to that claim, but it's also a cinematic document of the world's HEAVIEST band EVER (as Bruce Pavitt so incisively puts it) bodily stretching that assertion beyond any previously known limitations. Better than a tattoo, it's an open scar that roars, a broken alarm bell ringing from the lost event horizon of a long-dead star, one we could never see — that is, until this DVD clipped it back onto the light box of the silver screen, where it can be deciphered and viewed anew. This documentary telescopes the musical pathology of TAD down into the image of an electrocardiograph recording the minor-mode melody of a final infarct, a demented soundtrack that is neither tame nor de-clawed. It was never meant to be. Dare to feel it, and, like me, risk bleeding internally."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubFPojZ0pqk (Trailer)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)   Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:10 pm

Excellent, Tad are great.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)   Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:28 pm

Awesome. That's a must have. I saw Tad on tour with debut era Clutch. Possibly the heaviest concert I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)   Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 5:36 pm

TAD is one of my favorite grunge bands....period!!!

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)   Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:52 pm

TAD is awesome!!! Saw them live at Club Soda in Kalamazoo. They were on tour with Helio's Creed and Thought Industry. What a freaking show! Man, reading about Tad sure brings back memories. Man, I am old!!!

ROCK!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)   Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 2:46 pm

I wonder why they never made it big like the other bands? They had a semi-decent showing with Inhaler, I guess, but that was it. Too bad. I wonder if they just couldn't sell a disgusting fat man to the masses?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)   Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 2:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I wonder if they just couldn't sell a disgusting fat man to the masses?

It seemed to work for Wilson Phillips.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)   Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 3:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
lol!

By the way, her sister was so hot.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)   Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 3:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
lol!

One was the sister and the other was a cousin, right? I don't know which was which, but they were both pretty hot, weren't they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)   Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 4:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
lol!

One was the sister and the other was a cousin, right? I don't know which was which, but they were both pretty hot, weren't they?
Yeah, the blonde wasn't the sister. She was cute, but I hated her short hairdo. And if you could believe this photo, she was the ugliest:

Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Ss_Gpicintro

I dig the one on the left. That one in the middle ain't foolin' me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)   Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 4:18 pm

I like pretty girls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)   Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 4:34 pm

Are we in odd moods today? I think we're off topic in every thread. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)   Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tad - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Upcoming DVD)
Page 1 of 1