Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help Me Out Here

Go down 
+7
Fat Freddy
kmorg
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Chairman_Smith
Mglaffas81
DallasBlack
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 6:44 am

Recently I've gotten into bands that I wish to explore further in their catalog. I would like everyone to tell me their favorite album from the bands I will mention below (if you like them that is and apart from the ones I have). I will use the results to decide which album to persue next from them. Here they are:

Joey era Anthrax-I have Among The Living and Anthology from that time period and like them emensly and wish to get some old Anthrax albums
Megadeth-I know everything from Countdown to Youthanasia and the lastest album, but Iwish to get one of their classic albums.
Grave Digger-I have 25 to Life and Liberty or Death but wish to get more
Edguy-I have Hall of Flames (best of) and Hellfire Club and wish to get some of the older albums
U.D.O.-All I have is Mission No. X and wish to get more from this metal legend
Metal Church-I have The Dark and a couple of downloaded songs but wish to get more
Primal Fear-Metal Is Forever (best of) is all I have and I will get the new one when it reaches American shores in January
Gamma Ray-I have Blast From The Past only
Doro-I have Classic Diamonds and the Warlock-Triumph & Agony but wish to get some of her heavy solo material
Accept-only heard some songs but I want a classic album
Triumph-I have Age Of Excess, but since most say it is a lack luster album from them I would like to get something better
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 7:10 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Recently I've gotten into bands that I wish to explore further in their catalog. I would like everyone to tell me their favorite album from the bands I will mention below (if you like them that is and apart from the ones I have). I will use the results to decide which album to persue next from them. Here they are:

Joey era Anthrax-I have Among The Living and Anthology from that time period and like them emensly and wish to get some old Anthrax albums
Megadeth-I know everything from Countdown to Youthanasia and the lastest album, but Iwish to get one of their classic albums.
Grave Digger-I have 25 to Life and Liberty or Death but wish to get more
Edguy-I have Hall of Flames (best of) and Hellfire Club and wish to get some of the older albums
U.D.O.-All I have is Mission No. X and wish to get more from this metal legend
Metal Church-I have The Dark and a couple of downloaded songs but wish to get more
Primal Fear-Metal Is Forever (best of) is all I have and I will get the new one when it reaches American shores in January
Gamma Ray-I have Blast From The Past only
Doro-I have Classic Diamonds and the Warlock-Triumph & Agony but wish to get some of her heavy solo material
Accept-only heard some songs but I want a classic album
Triumph-I have Age Of Excess, but since most say it is a lack luster album from them I would like to get something better

Hey!

Joey era Anthrax: SPREADING THE DISEASE! It's a classic. Clearly, their best.

Megadeth: of course, "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying" has the classic title track, but invest your money in "Rust in Peace"! Excellent, tight, technical thrash monster! My favourite by the band.

Accept: "Restless and Wild"! "Fast as a Shark", the opening track, is concidered one of the earliest thrash-like tune. An excellent song and album!

That's it.

Cheers,

Gustav
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 7:17 am

All the classic albums by Anthrax and Megadeth are worth getting. I'd buy in this order

So Far...So Good... So What! - Megadeth
Persistance of Time - Anthrax
Rust In Peace - Megadeth
Peace Sells - Megadeth
Killing Is My Buisness - Megadeth
Speading The Disease - Anthrax
State of Euphoria - Anthrax

Also if you haven't already, get the Neil Turbin fronted Anthrax album, Fistful of Metal, its my favourite.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 7:58 am

Anthrax-Spreading the Disease,Armed and Dangerous,State of Euphoria.

Megadeth-Peace sells,Rust in Peace

Metal Church-Blessing in Disguise,The Human Factor
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 8:11 am

Joey era Anthrax- Spreading the Disease! Classic album. I would also highly recommend Fistful of Metal, a classic pre-Beladonna album.

Megadeth- Peace Sells...But Whose Buying?

Grave Digger- Excalibur, Tunes of War, The Grave Digger, you can't go wrong with any Grave Digger release IMO.

Edguy- Hellfire and Mandrake are my favorites.

U.D.O.- They ALL rule! From Animal House through Mastercutor. All U.D.O. is oustanding IMO.
Metal Church-Their first self-titled is about as classic as heavy metal can get!

Primal Fear- Black Sun, Nuclear Fire, they are all good.

Gamma Ray- Powerplant rules!

Doro- None of her solo material is real heavy. Force Majeure is probably the most classic metal of the bunch.

Accept- Restless and Wild is one of the greatest metal albums ever recorded!

Triumph -Never been a big Triumph fan so I'll let someone else make the suggestion here. I like them, but haven't heard all their material to make proper judgement about which is their best.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 10:11 am

You know what? I say you can't go wrong with ANY of the bands/artists you listed. I recommend shopping blind!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 10:16 am

Joey era Anthrax- you gotta get SPREADING THE DISEASE and/or the ARMED AND DANGEROUS EP

Megadeth- RUST IN PEACE is a must have. Actually, just about everything this band has done is a must have with the exceptions of RISK and THE WORLD NEEDS A HERO

Grave Digger- The only G.D. I have is HEAVY METAL BREAKDOWN, their debut from 1984, it's kinda cheesy but fun.

Metal Church- You need the self titled debut which is a stone cold classic. BLESSING IN DISGUISE and THE HUMAN FACTOR (with Mike Howe on vox) are no slouches either.

Primal Fear-JAWS OF DEATH is their absolute must have

Gamma Ray- Ult already recommended POWERPLANT but I would also recommend SOMEWHERE OUT IN SPACE and SIGH NO MORE

Accept- Anything from RESTLESS AND WILD through RUSSIAN ROULETTE is golden.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 12:52 pm

Joey era Anthrax- any of the Joey albums are great, although the song writing on State Of Euphoria was a little weak.
Megadeth- 3 words: Rust In Peace!
Grave Digger- their debut Heavy Metal Breakdown is awesome. all of their material is good, i just prefer the 80's stuff.
U.D.O.- pretty much any of them will fill the void. although i didn't like Holy as much.
Metal Church- start with thier self titled debut
Primal Fear- again start with their debut. it's the best one imho.
Gamma Ray- my fave is No World Order, but also check Somewhere Out In Space, & Heading For Tomorrow (for a Scheepers era)
Doro- i would recommend any Warlock or Doro album you can find except maybe Doro's MachineIIMachine. it's a little more experimental & not an overall representation.
Accept- get either Restless & Wild or Balls To The Wall

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:04 pm

Joey era Anthrax:ARMED&DANGEROUS is a great mini-lp.
Megadeth: PIECE SELLS BUT WHOS BUYING
Grave Digger:WITCHHUNTER, TUNES OF WAR
Edguy-Dont care much about them.
U.D.O.-HOLY is my fave.
Metal Church:their debut METAL CHURCH or their live album.
Primal Fear:first 3 albums.
Gamma Ray:NO WORLD ORDER
Doro:FORCE MAJEURE, ANGELS NEVER DIE and WARRIOR SOUL
Accept:BREAKER, RESTLESS AND WILD and BALLS TO THE WALL
Triumph:ALLIED FORCES, NEVER SURRENDER and THUNDER SEVEN.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 4:43 pm

Joey era Anthrax - Among the Living!

Megadeth -
Peace Sells...But Whose Buying? and So Far, So Good, So What are the 2 I would recommend

Metal Church - The Dark is my personal favorite of theirs.

Primal Fear - I also say the 1st 3 albums.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 6:06 pm

I didn't realize that Iron Savior was also a Kai Hansen project (just saw it on wikipedia), I might be interested in checking that out too. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 9:40 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I didn't realize that Iron Savior was also a Kai Hansen project (just saw it on wikipedia), I might be interested in checking that out too. Any suggestions?

Kai only appears on the first couple of Iron Savior discs -- the S/T debut from 97, UNIFICATION from 98, and DARK ASSAULT from 2000 (if memory serves).

Good band, but they are beginning to suffer from the "every album sounds the same" fungus that is affecting so many of the late 90s power metal bands.

Of the three I mentioned above, I would recommend the S/T debut the most. It's excellent. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:24 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Of the three I mentioned above, I would recommend the S/T debut the most. It's excellent. 🤘
it's also got a killer cover of Nazareth's This Flight Tonight humble

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:45 am

spreading the disease is a good album as is rust in peace by megadeth
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:50 am

mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

it's also got a killer cover of Nazareth's This Flight Tonight humble

Yes, it does. I pulled that disc out to listen to today, it hasn't been played in a while so I'm lookin forward to hearing it. 🤘

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help Me Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Me Out Here   Help Me Out Here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Me Out Here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: