Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Juliette & The Licks

Go down 
+3
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
mc666
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Juliette & The Licks Empty
PostSubject: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 1:39 am

anyone else like them? i do & not just because Juliette is one of my all time favorite actresses. i think they play great rock n' roll.

i recommend Four On The Floor to any rock fan.

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 1:54 am

I made the mistake of seeing a live clip once and they were horrible. So I just put them in the gimmick category with the likes of Dogstar. Haha. I've since heard studio songs and they were killer! Still don't own an album, but I look for used copies all the time.

And I've checked more lives clips out, too. They're not very good live.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 1:57 am

i've never seen them live, nor do i desire to start going to shows again. i cannot comment on that. however, i love the album. it's a great good old fashioned rock n' roll album.

http://www.myspace.com/julietteandthelicks

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:21 am

I like them pretty well, gotta love Juiliette Lewis. She does some singing in the movie Strange Days, that is also on the soundtrack (which also includes Prong doing the Doors Strange Days with the Doors Keyboard player).
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:19 am

only two people even know who i'm talking about? that's disheartening. hell, she's an Iron Maiden Fan, Black Flag Fan, & even sang back up at a Motorhead concert. that ought to be enough for metal heads to at least have heard of her & The Licks. whatever, i think they're cool. Smile

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 7:09 am

Quote :
only two people even know who i'm talking about?

I've heard that she fronts a rock band, but I'd never given it much thought after that. I have a pre-concieved notion that movie stars don't put out quality music. Perhaps I'm mistaken on this one, but I'll probably never know.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 8:42 am

mc666 wrote:
only two people even know who i'm talking about? that's disheartening.

I know who Juliette Lewis is and I've read about her band but I've never heard them.

She's pretty hot though. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 4:26 pm

I think her first cd is way better!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
only two people even know who i'm talking about?
I've heard that she fronts a rock band, but I'd never given it much thought after that. I have a pre-concieved notion that movie stars don't put out quality music. Perhaps I'm mistaken on this one, but I'll probably never know.
This is exactly what I thought. I just lumped them in with Dogstar (Keanu Reaves' turdly band). But they're really good. I still don't think they're that good live, from what I've heard, but the studio tracks I've heard have been excellent.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 2:15 am

Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod48
i just ordered it, so i'll be hearing it soon. Smile

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 12:36 am

mc666 wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod48
ok, this one is pretty d*mn good. however i still prefer Four On The Floor. this is the first band in a while that both my wife & i enjoy alot.

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 3:15 am

mc666 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod48
ok, this one is pretty d*mn good. however i still prefer Four On The Floor. this is the first band in a while that both my wife & i enjoy alot.
Did you order it from the store down the street?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 7:28 am

no i ordered it from Amazon.com sunday night. i downloaded a torrent of it early this morning so that i could have a listen. i'm impatient that way.

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 2:33 pm

Word. I ordered a CD from Newbury Comics once and got it the next day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:58 am

This band actually turned a lot better than i expected, and Juliette Lewis is an awesome live prformer.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:41 am

I like Juliette and the Licks, the first time I heard it was a comp
given for free in classic rock mag and I loved it, reminded me of
earlier power pop bands such as Wreckless Eric, Eddie and the Hot
Rods, the Plimsouls etc, really cool rock n roll band and the song "
American Boy" lyrics are so filled with venom that it would make Johnny
Rotten proud.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 4:07 pm

I heard she did music but i never liked her as an actress. Now that i heard her band i can say i really don't like it either. Almost every movie i've seen her in she acts trashy, slightly stupid or just annoying.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:26 am

Quote :
Almost every movie i've seen her in she acts trashy, slightly stupid or just annoying.

What makes you think it's an act? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:11 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Almost every movie i've seen her in she acts trashy, slightly stupid or just annoying.

What makes you think it's an act? Very Happy

And what makes it a "bad" thing...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:00 pm

well, she's one of my favorite actresses, which is why i had to give her band a listen.

TZ, have you not seen Kalifornia, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, From Dusk Till Dawn, Natural Born Killers, Strange Days, Cape Fear, etc? she's played some great characters.

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:07 am

I know Juliette Lewis, I like her stuff, Been trying to find music by her new band here.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:04 am

mc666 wrote:
well, she's one of my favorite actresses, which is why i had to give her band a listen.

TZ, have you not seen Kalifornia, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, From Dusk Till Dawn, Natural Born Killers, Strange Days, Cape Fear, etc? she's played some great characters.

LOL! Kalifornia is the movie that i first noticed her "challenged" persona. I first saw her in Cape Fear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Juliette & The Licks   Juliette & The Licks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Juliette & The Licks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: