Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...

Go down 
+7
Thrasher73
EvyMetal
mc666
krokus
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Empty
PostSubject: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:32 pm

We all know some of the bands and people we grew up liking try to distance themselves from metal, especially hair metal stars.

So who still carrys the metal flag?

I'll say:

Rob Halford
Sebastian bach
Dee Snider

Next.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:37 pm

Lemmy Kilmister
Ronnie James Dio
Rob Halford
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:37 pm

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:38 pm

Didn't we sort of do this already?

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/what-individual-is-the-epitome-of-metal-t2943.htm

Although I think of him as the "Metal God", Halford did try to distance himself from metal with the Two project. I clearly remember him saying in an interview that he's gone as far as he could with heavy metal and it was time to move on and try something different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:39 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:41 pm

Was the last three replies all coincidence? Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:42 pm

Wow. Were those last 3 replies coincidence?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:42 pm

Quote :

No, I'm not asking for one name who is the epitome of metal.

I'm asking for multiple people who still carry the flag. You guys carry a flag, huh? :defleppard:

Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/what-individual-is-the-epitome-of-metal-t2943.htm

Although I think of him as the "Metal God", Halford did try to distance himself from metal with the Two project. I clearly remember him saying in an interview that he's gone as far as he could with heavy metal and it was time to move on and try something different.

He also said we have to fight for metal about a year ago.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:50 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Oh yea, he knows where his bread is buttered. When that whole industrial Two project flopped on it's t*ts, he went right back to where he belonged. I got no qualms with him.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 2:05 pm

dio
halford
dickinson
hetfield
iommi
araya
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 2:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Oh yea, he knows where his bread is buttered. When that whole industrial Two project flopped on it's t*ts, he went right back to where he belonged. I got no qualms with him.
I bet he did want to distance himself from metal, though. I think saying something like that is nowhere near as bad as denouncing metal. Metallica never denounced metal like so many claim, but they do call themselves a "rock" band. Just like Def Leppard referring to themselves as a "pop" band. So I'm sure Halford really did want to distance himself from metal. Maybe he was afraid of a potential backlash to his gayness? Who knows.

As for this thread, then, I still say Jason Newsted carries the flag. Doro as well. Others would be Jon Schaffer, Jon Oliva and Chris Caffery, even Dave Mustaine to an extent.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 2:48 pm

JOHN and MARK GALLAGHER from RAVEN
KING DIAMOND
UDO DIRKSCHNEIDER
DORO PESCH
ROCK´N´ROLF(RUNNING WILD)
CHRIS BOLTENDAHL(GRAVE DIGGER)
the guys from MANOWAR
etc...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:37 pm

Kai Hansen
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 12:47 am

Eyesore wrote:

As for this thread,... Doro as well.

and here i thought that i was the only person aside from Ult & Krokus that appreciated Doro! she's the greatest!

others...
Halford, Lemmy, Dio, Udo, & King Diamond

they are "The Final Six" (yeah i ripped off Slayer. who doesn't?).

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 1:26 am

I know! Manow- Doh!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 1:36 am

EvyMetal wrote:
I know! Manow- Doh!
come again?

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 6:59 pm

Dee Snider
Alice Cooper
Dio
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:15 pm

lol Glen Benton.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:20 pm

Dickinson
Harris
Lawless
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:33 pm

DETHKLOK!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:33 pm

Joe Hasselvander

http://www.myspace.com/thehoundsofhasselvander

Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... L_cbf0468cc8d2f23b17fec7660e7c8e18
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:44 pm

Steve Rowe

Biff Byford
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:30 pm

Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... 1138561292Steve%20Harris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...   Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal personalities who still carry the flag for metal...
Page 1 of 1