Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?

Go down 
+18
no mosh til' metal
White_Mage
jstate
DeathCult
nevermore
MetalGuy71
7thSecond
SideShowDisaSter
Temple of Blood
arttieTHE1manparty
EvyMetal
mc666
Lurideath
Invader
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Empty
PostSubject: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:45 am

What is your favorite and least favorite Nuclear Assault releases?

Sitting here listening to "Survive", which is probably my favorite release from NA. I also like Game Over, Plague, and Handle with Care. I even like Something Wicked and Third World Genocide, which most fans seem to disrespect.

The only NA that I am not a big fan of is Out of Order. I don't hate it, I just rarely play it for some reason. I also think the the Hammersmith album is pretty poor.

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:00 am

ultmetal wrote:
I even like Something Wicked

You're not alone.So do i.That album to me is their best.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:11 am

Best - THE PLAGUE/SURVIVE (tie)

Worst - SOMETHING WICKED

Though i've never heard "Out of Order"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:18 am

Handle With Care is #1 and then Survive is a close second for me.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:20 am

Handle with care will always be my fave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:47 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Handle with care will always be my fave

Yeah, that's probably my favorite too. I like it all though.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:33 pm

Handle With Care is in my opinion their best albums and my least favorite would be Out Of Order.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:17 pm

Survive is my favorite as well. Handle With Care comes in a close 2nd. Game Over also rules!!

My least favorite is the Third World Genocide album. Its not bad but a few songs were not good!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:39 pm

Survive is my personal fave. i can't say i disliked any of their albums.

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:20 pm

I don't know, but LONG HAIRED A**HOLES!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 3:47 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
...but LONG HAIRED A**HOLES!

Funny song. Very Happy

Yeeeehaaa!

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 6:52 pm

This is a band I REALLY need to revisit. I had some of their stuff back in the day, but I don't have anything anymore. I think I'm gonna pick something up soon on Half.com used.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:23 pm

Game Over would have to be my favorite. Out Of Order isn't terrible, but would be on the bottom of the stack, I guess. I like Third World Genocide, even though a LOT of people trash it...

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:25 pm

I like "Something Wicked" too. DiPitreo is an awesome soloist.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:49 pm

I honestly enjoy all of the their albums. I know Out Of Order was pretty much "paint-by-numbers", but it still wasn't a bad album.

Survive is probably tops for me. I too really enjoy Something Wicked, and I thought Third World Genocide was pretty much a typical Nuke album. I enjoy it!

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 12:18 am

Game Over for sure. Wore that one out back in the day. The Plague is also good. Haven't heard the newest one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 7:48 am

Sadly, Handle with Care is the only one I own. They're on my list. I'll keep an eye out for 'em.

I'm going to a big rock expo this weekend, so I expect to have quite a new "haul" list on Monday.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 12:39 pm

Handle With Care is probably my favorite. Out Of Order is probably my least favorite.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 12:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'm going to a big rock expo this weekend, so I expect to have quite a new "haul" list on Monday.

Whatever you do, don't start your own "haul thread." You're likely to be killed and eaten.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:46 am

SURVIVE! but I love 'em all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:57 pm

Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? 24785

Game Over is my favorite...But all of their 1986-89 releases were excellent. I loved the rawness of Game Over...John Connelly's unrestrained vocals ruled! One thing I really admired about them over the years were that they were never a band that cared much for the technicality part of songwriting. They just wrote good energetic and straightforward thrash songs. I love the fact that, like ANTHRAX, they spoke out on social issues such as racism in their songs..."Equal Rights" was killer!!

It had been quite some time since I had heard NUCLEAR ASSAULT when by chance I was riding with a friend a few years ago. This friend happened to have the Alive Again CD. The first thing I noticed was that the band didn't seem to have the same speed as they did years earlier. It was like they were old and had lost their edge or something...they seemed to be doing slower versions of their classic songs. I haven't heard their last studio effort, so I may be wrong, but that live recording seemed to be lacking to my ears. Does the studio effort have the same speed conviction of their older stuff? I may ask a friend to let me hear it down the line.

Help me, Save me
As I take my last breath
From these, madmen
Licensed to give Death

headbanger
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:50 pm

Game Over would be the favorite, with Third World Genocide being the one I like the least.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:29 pm

handle with care is the only Nuclear Assault Album I've heard. Got the rest on my wish-list
Back to top Go down
no mosh til' metal
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 am

survive definitely in first there. loved the tone and fire that record had top 3 from it prob fight to be free great depression and rise from the ashes. next probably the plague and then handle with care. sorry, hate to be cliche but critical mass is a good tune man.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Survive is my favorite. Can't say I really dislike any of their releases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?   Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best and worst of NUCLEAR ASSAULT?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next