Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mr. Whipple. R.I.P.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Mr. Whipple. R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Mr. Whipple. R.I.P.   Mr. Whipple. R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 3:06 pm

‘Please don’t squeeze the Charmin’ actor dies
Dick Wilson made catch phrase famous, also had role on ‘Hogan’s Heroes’

The Associated Press
updated 12:54 p.m. ET, Mon., Nov. 19, 2007

LOS ANGELES - Dick Wilson, the character actor and pitchman who for 21 years played an uptight grocer begging customers “Please, don’t squeeze the Charmin,” died Monday. He was 91.

The man famous as TV’s “Mr. Whipple” died of natural causes at the Motion Picture & Television Fund Hospital in Woodland Hills, said his daughter Melanie Wilson, who is known for her role as a flight attendant on the ABC sitcom “Perfect Strangers.”

Wilson made more than 500 commercials as Mr. George Whipple, a man consumed with keeping bubbly housewives from fondling toilet paper. The punch line of most spots was that Whipple himself was a closeted Charmin-squeezer.

The first commercial aired in 1964 and by the time the campaign ended in 1985 the tag line and Wilson, a former Canadian airman and vaudeville veteran, were pop culture touchstones.

He also played a drunk on several episodes of “Bewitched,” as appeared as various characters on “Hogan’s Heroes,” “The Bob Newhart Show,” and Walt Disney productions.

Another POP Icon Gone.

RIP, Mr. Whipple
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Whipple. R.I.P.   Mr. Whipple. R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 4:28 pm

I loved those commercials when i was a kid (second only to: "We Need More Calgon!!")

God Bless, Mr. Whipple!!!

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Whipple. R.I.P.   Mr. Whipple. R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 4:31 pm

...ancient Chinese secret....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojm1Xzwlc9Q

Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Whipple. R.I.P.   Mr. Whipple. R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 8:36 pm

RIP Mr. Whipple
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Whipple. R.I.P.   Mr. Whipple. R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:47 am

First the tidy bowl man, now Mr. Whipple. Things are looking awfully grim in the bathroom these days. Has anyone seen Preparation H Raymond lately? He's about all we got left.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Whipple. R.I.P.   Mr. Whipple. R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:37 am

Huh, whaddya know? I thought he died years ago. Squeeze all the Charmin you want in the afterlife, Mr. Whipple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Whipple. R.I.P.   Mr. Whipple. R.I.P. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mr. Whipple. R.I.P.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: