Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vainglory news!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Vainglory news! Empty
PostSubject: Vainglory news!   Vainglory news! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:34 pm

American power metal band VAINGLORY, fronted by vocalist Kate French (CHASTAIN) and featuring lead guitar virtuoso Corbin King, has commenced the songwriting process for its sophomore album, due sometime in 2008. "Aall I can say is [the new material] will knock you out!" says King. "It's way beyond heavy and has riffs that will kill you!"

He adds, "I will be wrapping up all the music in the very near future, and Kate is writing some unbelievable vocals. We will also have some big news about the recording lineup and even more details of the CD will be announced soon."

VAINGLORY's self-titled debut album was released in Europe in April via MTM Music.

According to a press release, VAINGLORY "has all the ingredients in place to be a major force on the metal market for years to come. Kate's ability to mix power, conviction, emotion, and true heavy metal singing is very uncommon in today's 'metal' vocalists. Kate is a veteran to heavy metal and has not only pushed beyond the normal bounds of female vocalists, but has delivered her best recorded performance to date on this CD."

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Vainglory news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vainglory news!   Vainglory news! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:00 pm

Niiiiice... I dug the hell outta Vainglory's debut, one of the better US metal bands at the moment IMHO... can't wait to hear more! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Vainglory news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vainglory news!   Vainglory news! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:43 pm

Just ordered the S/T today from CD Inzane (for my wife - so she can give it to me for Christmas!)
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Vainglory news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vainglory news!   Vainglory news! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 8:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Niiiiice... I dug the hell outta Vainglory's debut, one of the better US metal bands at the moment IMHO... can't wait to hear more! 🤘

ME TOO 🤘
Back to top Go down

Vainglory news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vainglory news!   Vainglory news! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 8:58 am

I've not heard Vainglory yet. I'm a major Chastain fan though - but I much prefer their era with Leather over Kate.

I might should pick up Vainglory's debut though. Is it much like Chastain?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Vainglory news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vainglory news!   Vainglory news! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:26 pm

blackieboy wrote:

I haven't listened to her Chastain era stuff in a while but I'd say it's similar, although Vainglory seem a little "tougher" if that makes any sense (and it probably doesn't).

I read a review of Vainglory a while back that said they sounded like "early Iced Earth with a PMS'ing Pat Benatar on vocals." Not sure if I totally agree with that assessment but you gotta admit it creates an interesting mental picture. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

Vainglory news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vainglory news!   Vainglory news! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 6:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

I haven't listened to her Chastain era stuff in a while but I'd say it's similar, although Vainglory seem a little "tougher" if that makes any sense (and it probably doesn't).

I read a review of Vainglory a while back that said they sounded like "early Iced Earth with a PMS'ing Pat Benatar on vocals." Not sure if I totally agree with that assessment but you gotta admit it creates an interesting mental picture. Smile

Actually the self-titled one with Kate French on vocals is not the debut. They released an album called "2050" in 2001. It had Ted Brasier on vocals. He reminds me a bit of Barlow or David Thompson from Forte. It is in the same heavy power metal/melodic thrash-style, but with male vocals. It actually reminds me a bit of Forte's Rise Above album, but that may only be because of the vocals.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Vainglory news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vainglory news!   Vainglory news! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 8:02 pm

The S/T with Kate on vocals is more traditional heavy metal, very raw and great vocals. Kate is in better vocal form on here I think it suits her more for her vocals. I think with Chastain she was held back!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Vainglory news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vainglory news!   Vainglory news! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 10:20 pm

romeolimagolf wrote:

Actually the self-titled one with Kate French on vocals is not the debut. They released an album called "2050" in 2001. It had Ted Brasier on vocals. He reminds me a bit of Barlow or David Thompson from Forte. It is in the same heavy power metal/melodic thrash-style, but with male vocals. It actually reminds me a bit of Forte's Rise Above album, but that may only be because of the vocals.

I had no idea they'd released anything prior to the S/T. Thanks for the tip. You really DO learn something new every day around here!!

Back to top Go down

Vainglory news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vainglory news!   Vainglory news! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:48 am

🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vainglory news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vainglory news!   Vainglory news! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vainglory news!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: