Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

iPhone

Go down 
+9
mc666
jstate
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
TheGooch
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:27 pm

hi guys
do any of you have an iphone. if so is it worth buying one becuase i dont think i have ever wanted anything more in my entire life. i actually had two dreams last night that i bought one of them (sad i know) lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:36 pm

lol!

My goal is to be the last person in a modern Industrialized Nation to have a cell phone. I treasure the ability to be incommunicado!

LOL, I've seen bums and peole living at the Salvation Army with phones! I have no interest, but Sir Gooch, that thing does sound cool. My simple MP3 player is good enough......
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:43 pm

yes thats all well and good but does not answer sir goochs question. i dont know how much they are abroad but here they are a lot of money and its not a case of me being able to afford it (which i can) but whether it would be worth the money
Back to top Go down

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:43 pm

Not the topic, but I wish cell phones were never invented. I hate them. Actually phones in general are not important or needed by me.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:45 pm

i dont use mine much but i would like a new one and i kinda want an iphone
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:24 pm

An iPhone looks like a cool toy but it's too rich for my blood.

Besides, I can barely operate the cell phone I have now, I'd hate to have to try and learn all the bells and whistles of an iPhone.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:43 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
lol!

My goal is to be the last person in a modern Industrialized Nation to have a cell phone. I treasure the ability to be incommunicado!

LOL, I've seen bums and peole living at the Salvation Army with phones! I have no interest, but Sir Gooch, that thing does sound cool. My simple MP3 player is good enough......

You and I will are both vying for that covetted position. No cell for me either.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:51 pm

Quote :
Not the topic, but I wish cell phones were never invented. I hate them. Actually phones in general are not important or needed by me.

Me too! Even land lines I hate. I tell my wife when it rings...."If you want to know who it is you'll have to answer it" Very Happy

Quote :
You and I will are both vying for that covetted position. No cell for me either.

Allright, bro! If a few years we'll probably meet up in the concentration camp for those of us with this same belief. "They" will be prepping us for our surgeries where tiny ones are implanted into our skulls!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:55 pm

Quote :
yes thats all well and good but does not answer sir goochs question.

lol! Sorry dude, it seems like all's you've gotten so far are bitter 30-somethings railing against these new-fangled gadgets!!

Razz

If you do feel that strongly though, I'd say it is worth it. A guy here at work has one and loves it so, for what that's worth....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 1:02 pm

TheGooch wrote:
yes thats all well and good but does not answer sir goochs question. i dont know how much they are abroad but here they are a lot of money and its not a case of me being able to afford it (which i can) but whether it would be worth the money

A co-worker has one and he seems pretty happy with it, much like anyone would be with a new toy. He's always playing with it during meetings & such, which I find annoying, but that's just me being an old crank.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 1:21 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
lol!

LOL,
I've seen bums and peole living at the Salvation Army with phones! I
have no interest, but Sir Gooch, that thing does sound cool. My simple
MP3 player is good enough......
I don't have one EITHER! And it
drives everyone I know BATTY! LMAO! I've had them before, but since we
went to one income...it's just not worth it. Now DirecTV and the sports
package is worth it! LOL!🤘

The iPhones (being a gadget guy myself) LOOKS TOTALLY COOL THOUGH, I MUST SAY!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 1:39 pm

I didnt have a cell phone til about a year ago.And seldom use it now.Its only for emergency purposes.I cant stand phones in general.I answer the phone so much at work,that when I get home I wont touch it.
Sorry Gooch,still doesnt answer your question!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 4:09 pm

I HATE cell phones (I actually dislike phones period, I can't talk on one for more than five minutes without getting impatient) I prefer face to face conversations. If people want to get a hold of me, they can leave a message on my answering machine. I will only get one if it is ABSOLUTLEY neccessary (I'm like my dad in this regard, he only got a cell phone because he is a long distance truck driver). Being in customer service I get annoyed at people who yap on their cell phone. They mouth or whisper what they want (like I'm supposed to be able to read lips) or they put their merchandise down and ignore me then get upset when I don't check them out while they're talking (how hard is it to put someone on hold for a minute, really). I understand that these people are just rude jack asses, but I associate cell phones with that behavior and want nothing to do with them.

That being said, If I DID like cell phones, that is one I would probably want (with a ring tone of some gruff voice yelling, "Answer the DAMN phone!!!!).
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 8:04 pm

My fiancee has one, and boy does she ever love the thing. Me, I think the screen is too small to really be much use for the internet and I really can't adjust to the finger controls. Plus the whole design feels weird to hold to your head as a phone. But it is a cool toy, no doubt. And if it is something you really want ,I'd imagine you'd be very happy with it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 8:15 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I HATE cell phones (I actually dislike phones period, I can't talk on one for more than five minutes without getting impatient) I prefer face to face conversations. If people want to get a hold of me, they can leave a message on my answering machine. I will only get one if it is ABSOLUTLEY neccessary (I'm like my dad in this regard, he only got a cell phone because he is a long distance truck driver). Being in customer service I get annoyed at people who yap on their cell phone. They mouth or whisper what they want (like I'm supposed to be able to read lips) or they put their merchandise down and ignore me then get upset when I don't check them out while they're talking (how hard is it to put someone on hold for a minute, really). I understand that these people are just rude jack asses, but I associate cell phones with that behavior and want nothing to do with them.

That being said, If I DID like cell phones, that is one I would probably want (with a ring tone of some gruff voice yelling, "Answer the DAMN phone!!!!).
lol!

Oh, I totally forgot cell phone drivers. If someone can't talk on the phone and drive correctly they shouldn't talk on the damn phone (or they should never be allowed behind the wheel).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 10:32 pm

Quote :
Oh, I totally forgot cell phone drivers

Gigante pet peeve!! This should be outlawed massively. I always ask myself and others "What's so important that can't wait?" Before cell phones we all managed... angry

Another is the Theater. There's always....ALWAYS some douche who "forgets" to turn their phone off. There's also often some idiot who will actually field the call and hold a conversation. angry

Peeve #3 is the restaurant fools. People talking at full volume in a restaurant! Why? Enjoy the person across from you!! angry

#4 - The LIBRARY! You have no idea how many full volume calls I've seen fielded at the library. What are these people thinking? angry

I'm done! Smile
Back to top Go down

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 9:25 am

I am 26 and not remotely interested in cell phones. All I see them as is a monthly bill I don't need. The best part of being out is no one knowing where you're at and not being able to bother you.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 1:04 pm

i use a cell phone for work, but i would have no use for something so fancy like the iphone. i do not need text, email, internet, mp3, camera, etc on my phone. i just need to be able to make & receive calls.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 1:23 pm

mc666 wrote:
i use a cell phone for work, but i would have no use for something so fancy like the iphone. i do not need text, email, internet, mp3, camera, etc on my phone. i just need to be able to make & receive calls.

I'm pretty sure most people don't need all that extra crap, but clever marketing and advertising makes us think we can't live without it. I do my best to avoid it without coming off looking like some anti-technology, uni-bomber-backwoods-weird-o.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 2:20 pm

I have a cell phone. Don't care about it for anything else than to get hold of my wife, kids and friends when I need to. I don't have a land line.

As for the iPhone, my kids would kill to have one.

ult

nOOb master
TheGooch

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:58 am

yes i am finally getting my iphone next week

Last edited by TheGooch on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:13 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I have a cell phone. Don't care about it for anything else than to get hold of my wife, kids and friends when I need to.

That's me...I don't text or do ringtones or send emails or anything else...just do what Ult said...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:15 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I have a cell phone. Don't care about it for anything else than to get hold of my wife, kids and friends when I need to.

That's me...I don't text or do ringtones or send emails or anything else...just do what Ult said...

Ditto. I use my cell phone for emergencies, occasionally to talk to family and that's about it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:23 pm

I like the camera feature but i don't need the top of the line commad center stuff.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:51 pm

i dont really i just love the functionality and the way it looks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone   iPhone Icon_minitime