Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skrapp Mettle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Skrapp Mettle Empty
PostSubject: Skrapp Mettle   Skrapp Mettle Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 1:14 pm

Okay, so this is a pretty legendary band/album that is wrapped in mystery and rumors.

To my surprise, after all these years, the album was actually re-released this past January and there's an official site as well at www.skrappmettle.com. I'll definitely be picking this up soon!

For my money, I think it's a great 80s hair band/heavy metal album. The point was to mock that whole scene, but nonetheless, it put out a classic for the genre BECAUSE it is so over-the-top.

So who is regarded as playing on the record? According to the bio, it was 50 or so artists/engineers that put it all together over the course of a week. Most of them were big names then and are still big names. I always wondered why the secrecy, but I guess when you're breaching your contract to play on another album for another label, things could get messy. Very Happy

I know Jeff Scott Soto is pretty much confirmed as the vocalist, I think even Coverdale has been rumored to sing ('Retire or Die' seems based on Whitesnake, but the vocals sound more like someone doing a Coverdale impression more than Coverdale singing himself). Any other guesses or widely assumed musicians to have played here?

BTW-- there's always a mention on the site about a new album using some of the same musicians plus modern big names from newer bands. That'd be interesting...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Skrapp Mettle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skrapp Mettle   Skrapp Mettle Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:16 pm

Although I've never heard this, I've heard OF it. The rumors that I heard/read over the years is that it's Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Idol, Jeff Scott Soto and David Coverdale doing vocals and Dweezil Zappa on guitar along with studio musicians. Don't know if any of that is true, but it would be kinda cool if it were.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Skrapp Mettle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skrapp Mettle   Skrapp Mettle Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Although I've never heard this, I've heard OF it. The rumors that I heard/read over the years is that it's Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Idol, Jeff Scott Soto and David Coverdale doing vocals and Dweezil Zappa on guitar along with studio musicians. Don't know if any of that is true, but it would be kinda cool if it were.

that would be cool
Back to top Go down

Skrapp Mettle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skrapp Mettle   Skrapp Mettle Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:59 pm

It is all Japanese metal gods, with JSS singing over the top. Japan has pulled another fast one over on us, and you TOTALLY fell for it! hahahahahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skrapp Mettle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skrapp Mettle   Skrapp Mettle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skrapp Mettle
Page 1 of 1