Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DVD Burning Software Reccomendations?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

DVD Burning Software Reccomendations? Empty
PostSubject: DVD Burning Software Reccomendations?   DVD Burning Software Reccomendations? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 2:58 pm

Anyone have any good free or inexpensive dvd burning programs that they use? I want to back up some of my music dvds so I can leave them in the living room so that my gf's son and his friends can watch Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, ect at will without me having to worry about the condition of my originals as they have a tendencey to leave DVDs and CDs out all over the place.

I have a trial of Nero but am not sure it is worth paying $80 to continue to use it when it expires in a couple weeks. I already have software to rip and shrink so that is covered so just need a quality burn program that doesn't cost to much

Anyone have any reccomendations? I am running Windows Vista.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DVD Burning Software Reccomendations?   DVD Burning Software Reccomendations? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 4:03 pm

Don't you need a DVD burner for this? Don't they come with programs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DVD Burning Software Reccomendations?   DVD Burning Software Reccomendations? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 4:13 pm

Uhh yeh of course and I have one. The programs it came don't do what I want it to do in that it makes generic menus and makes each chapter a seperate link on the menu page.

Nero essentially makes it exactly like whatever DVD you copied. Even commercials and copyright warning completely in tact.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: DVD Burning Software Reccomendations?   DVD Burning Software Reccomendations? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 1:19 am

I need to back up some DVDs myself so any info on here will help me as well (if I ever get around to adding my old DVD player to my new computer). Does Nero expire after a while, I thought it was a pemanent program?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: DVD Burning Software Reccomendations?   DVD Burning Software Reccomendations? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 9:54 am

You can can get an older version of Nero with a good liscening key for like 10 bucks but because I am running Vista I wasn't sure older versions would be compatible. Nero is permanent but it is initially a 2 week trial and then it's 79.99 to buy the liscening number.

I just couldn't afford Nero at the moment so my gf's brother directed me to a website that generates liscening keys for this kind of thing. I will use it this way until after the holidays then will purchase it.

I pretty well spent a lot of time last night trying a lot of programs and have my issues resolved. DVD burning is not really like CD burning in that there is very little help out there, most websitesabout burning just want to sell you their program.

Here is what you need for dvd burning: (besides a DVDRW drive, and blank discs.). Check to see if your DVDRW drive uses DVD+Ror DVD-R. Mine is a combo drive so will take either.

1. DVDdecrypter and/or rip it to me- removes copyright protection- rips it to your computer is ISO and BUP files

2. DVD Shrink- compresses the files to a smaller size so they fit on 1 standard DVD+/-R, also this will rip the disc if it doesn't have copyright protection on it

3. Nero- This is the only thing that I have found that works and makes a exact copy with no hassle of changing anything.

4. (optional) if you want to put downloaded files from the internet into DVD form you may need covertxtodvd which coverts various files into dvd form. It is free but will have a water mark unless you buy the full version.

The dvddecrypter can slightly pixilate larger files but it still turns out pretty well and is really only noticable when there is a lot of black on the screen and might add a bit of a grainy look. DVD ripping from DVD shrink turns out perfectly.

I hope this helps because none of the forums I use ever gave me a good answer that actually helped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD Burning Software Reccomendations?   DVD Burning Software Reccomendations? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DVD Burning Software Reccomendations?
Page 1 of 1