Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Lost Dogs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The Lost Dogs Empty
PostSubject: The Lost Dogs   The Lost Dogs Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:57 pm

Any fans of this Christian rock/country supergroup? Origionally formed from Daniel Amos' Terry Taylor, The Choir's Derry Daugherty, The 77's Michael Rowe, and Adam Again's Gene Eugene (RIP). If you like real country, the Beetles, and Elvis and you like praise and worship (with a bit of humor thrown in) or don't mind overly Christian lyrics, then you are missing out. The post-Eugene songs are more along the lines of old country music and don't quite have the same magic as the older ones but are still good none the less. My favorties from them is Green Room Serenade which is the most diverse album in their repetoire followed by Little Red Riding Hood and Gift Horse.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

The Lost Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lost Dogs   The Lost Dogs Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 2:01 am

I like them alot, and I agree the post-Eugene stuff is kinda mellow, folksy and not nearly as humourous as the old stuff. I love their LRRH and Scenic Routes, plus I like Gift Horse alot. GRS isnt as good IMO but still better than anything theyve done in the last decade. I'm a big Mike Roe fan so anything he does I like. You either "get" him or you dont. I do. I know it's pretty much Terry Taylors baby and always was but when he pretty much started writing all of the lyrics and music and the other guys were just cameos, I kinda lost interest.

nice thread, I'm glad someone else out there is into stuff that isnt always bang-your-head-99-miles-an-hour-24 hours-a-day.
Back to top Go down

The Lost Dogs
Page 1 of 1