Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forte

Go down 
+4
Fat Freddy
krokus
ultmetal
SAHB Healer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 2:24 am

There's nothing better than cheap thrills. I bought Forte's "Division" in the 90's; I remember I liked it ok and listened to it a few times, but for some reason it's sat on the shelf since. I didn't keep any concrete memories of it.
So the other day I saw it sitting there and gave it a spin, and it kicked my ass! Slightly progressive thrash, with clean power metal vocals. Kinda in there with early Iced Earth, prime Anacrusis "Screams & Whispers", or even Deliverence "Weapons". I can't believe I let this thing gather dust for ten years, but I'm enjoying it now!
Back to top Go down

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 2:42 am

Oh, man! I second this motion. In 1996, a guy that lived across the hall from me in the dorm I lived in showed me this album. I bought it immediately. It's one of my all-time favorite discs now! It's killer. I highly recommend Rise Above, too. It's a little more straightforward heavy metal, but a great CD. Unfortunately, Stranger Than Fiction and Destructive have eluded me all these years.

Jeff and Scott disappeared for many years after Rise Above, but about a year and a half ago I asked about a new album and it was supposedly in the works.

http://www.myspace.com/fortemetal

I just sent a new message and asked for an update.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 2:45 am

I gottta get Rise Above then...The guy has a great voice for straightforward metal.
Back to top Go down

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 3:15 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
I gottta get Rise Above then...The guy has a great voice for straightforward metal.
Different singer on Rise Above, but he's great as well. He's probably a more suitable voice for the style. Check the MySpace page. There's one song from each album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 8:14 am

I have four Forté CDs. I haven't dug them out in a while either. Might have to do that tomorrow.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:16 am

On my TRADE list DIVISION was on but after reading this post i checked out the cd and i like it now thats why its not for trade anymore. THANKSSSSS.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:32 am

Not bad, not bad. I think I may have an odd track or two from these guys in my heap of random MP3 discs, but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 11:09 am

Woh!! I read this thread this morning.....put Forte on my LaLa wants right away....leave the house for about 2 hours and I have Forte - Division coming my way!!! WOO!!!! Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 11:55 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Woh!! I read this thread this morning.....put Forte on my LaLa wants right away....leave the house for about 2 hours and I have Forte - Division coming my way!!! WOO!!!! Thanks guys!
You'll love it. I didn't realize these guys were so unknown. I thought everyone here would know them.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 7:56 pm

It appears they kinda slipped through the cracks for several people here. Maybe thier timing was a little off commercially (post classic thrash and pre power metal boom?) At this point I can't understand why I might have shelved the thing. It sounds great to me now.
Back to top Go down

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 8:24 pm

Oh, they definitely missed the mark coming out with their first album in 1992. It's unfortunate, too, because they stuck it out throughout the 90s, but I'd be willing to bet they sold little to no albums.
Back to top Go down

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:47 pm

From Greg:

Quote :
We will be doing vocals, leads and mix, in the next couple of weeks. it will be finished very soon, i will put some songs up real soon.

thanks for giving a Smurf,
cheers....Greg
Sweet! I think an interview is in store. I love interviewing and reviewing bands that you can't find interviewed/reviewed on every review site out there. I'd like to interview Anacrusis, too.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 2:53 am

I really hate to admit this, but in the early 90's I was living in the city and into the Lollapalooza and Edgefest type stuff; and I think I was reluctant to embrace stuff that I viewed as "old school" at that time. I think that's why I shelved Forte until now. What a moron I was! Anacrusis is actually one of the bands that helped me grow out of such idiocy.
Back to top Go down

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 1:23 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I really hate to admit this, but in the early 90's I was living in the city and into the Lollapalooza and Edgefest type stuff; and I think I was reluctant to embrace stuff that I viewed as "old school" at that time. I think that's why I shelved Forte until now. What a moron I was! Anacrusis is actually one of the bands that helped me grow out of such idiocy.
Idiocy? Nah, that's human nature, bro. We all do it. Idiocy would be still thinking that way (and also thinking that enjoying that music now is stupid). At least you've seen the light!

By the way, Forte are playing at the Keep It True festival in Germany on the 8th. Anyone going?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 1:56 pm

That Keep It True festival has the greatest lineup I have ever seen in one place. Ever!!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 2:06 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:

I have this one too. And I like it very much.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 8:08 pm

For those interested, Sentinel Steel has "Division" in the clearence section for $5.88
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:25 pm

Divebomb Records recently reissued their STRANGER THAN FICTION album with a whole mess o' demo stuff as bonus tracks. Sounds pretty bad-ass to me, gonna be reviewing it for Detritus eventually.

Anybody else get a Vicious Rumors kind of vibe or is it just me?

These guys were one of those bands I always heard much about, but never actually heard, back in the day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:44 pm

That tune showed up on one of the Metal Massacres. Really good song. Ithink that's a bonus track on the re-release? I don't think it was on the original version of Stranger Than Fiction (I've never heard it). Division is a great follow-up and Destructive is good but not as strong. I have yet to hear Rise Above as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte   Forte Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forte
Page 1 of 1