Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
kmorg
DallasBlack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Empty
PostSubject: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 3:12 am

When I found out Chaz Bond was going to be the new vocalist for Jacob's Dream, I couldn't fathom how he was a good choice. Biogenesis was as far away from JD as humanly possible and I didn't give the next album a chance of being any good. Well after having it for a couple of years and hearing it today at work, I can say I was wrong. In my opinion the new music fit Chaz like a glove. I can't wait for the next release which will be announced in the near future. What are some of your opinions on this album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 3:27 am

It's a good album alright. And although I really like Chaz as a singer, after a while I found his approach a little bit too dramatic at times.

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 3:28 am

I heard this band was pretty killer, so I picked up Drama Of The Ages first and was utterly unimpressed. I think the self-titled and Theater Of War are far superior.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 8:32 am

Haven't listened to this one in a while but I played it quite a bit when it first came out. It's a decent album but not on par with the debut by any means.

On the other hand, I like it better than THEATER OF WAR cuz on THEATER David Taylor's voice was obviously shot to hell. He sounded terrible, it was definitely a smart move to replace him.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 11:14 am

Got it, but not a favourite of mine.
I like the debut much better!!!!
Hope their next one will be a step up. To me it`s not the vocalist that is the problem but the songwriting, and terrible production.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 11:25 am

Was just listening to this last week in work. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I put it on as background music while I worked, but I found myself saying "Is this still going?". It seems like the longest cd ever and I just wanted it to end.

Guess that's not exactly a ringing endorsement, huh?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:12 pm

I like the album, but the production drags it down in the ditches. I think if the sound quality had been better then it would have gotten better reception.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:20 pm

I don't have this one, but I have "Theater of War" and LOVE it! One of my favorite Christian metal cds.

I'd like to get this one soon. Thanks for the reminder.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 8:29 pm

I really like this album. I haven't played it in a little while now but I still really like it. Great album to play through high dollar headphones. Didn't care for the muddy production at first but soon realized that it added to the whole mood of the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 8:45 pm

Are they a Christian band?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 7:30 am

Christian members, but no preachy lyrics.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 8:22 am

Eyesore wrote:
I heard this band was pretty killer, so I picked up Drama Of The Ages first and was utterly unimpressed. I think the self-titled and Theater Of War are far superior.

No doubt, I just thought that it was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting it to be. I don't listen to it as often as the other ones but I will bring it out every now and then. The music is a little darker and the production was a bit weak, but for me production is not as big of a deal as it is with others (if the music is good).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 8:36 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Was just listening to this last week in work. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I put it on as background music while I worked, but I found myself saying "Is this still going?". It seems like the longest cd ever and I just wanted it to end.

Word!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 11:11 am

I thought Chaz' vocals were a step up for JD. Looking forward to some new material.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 12:09 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

No doubt, I just thought that it was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting it to be. I don't listen to it as often as the other ones but I will bring it out every now and then. The music is a little darker and the production was a bit weak, but for me production is not as big of a deal as it is with others (if the music is good).

I'm the same way with production. Many many bands are dismissed by others - that I embrace all because of production.

For example, many people do not like Stryken due to their production, but I like them! I can see through muddy or bad production and look at the actual musicianship of the artist. Of course, I have an ear for music too, and I realize that many do not and can't get beyond production dilemmas.

I'm really looking forward to getting this cd. I just moved "Drama of the Ages" up towards the top of my wish list.

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 10:16 am

Good album.Prefer their s/t release.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 10:58 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Gotta agree with MG71 here. I pulled this CD off the shelf today for the first time in a while (prompted by this thread) and I'm having the same reaction. "Geez, this seems like an awfully LONG CD..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages   Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jacob's Dream-Drama Of The Ages
Page 1 of 1